- Please make sure that you have full Read / Write permissions in the folder where you install RoundCorner
- You must upgrade to LibFredo6 5.4b or higher for using the plugin with SU13
RoundCorner performs the rounding of the edges and corners of 3D shapes along a 2D profile, in 3 modes: Round corners, Sharp corners and Bevel. RoundCorner also supports concave corners (always rendered as Round) and non-orthogonal edge faces. Corners can have 2, 3, or more edges.
- Language: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, German (thanks to all kind translators). Thanks to Christophe Plassais for the French user manual.
- Menus: by default, it is installed in Tools > Fredo6 Collection > RoundCorner
- Icon toolbar: by Default ‘RoundCorner’. 3 icons are available, but you can configure which ones to display (menu Default Parameters…)
- The plugin is free, for private and commercial usage. There is a donation menu however.
There are now multiple ways to install scripts
- SCF Plugin Store (SU8 and SU13) - this is the recommended method
- Unzip (all SU versions and for installations in an alternate Plugins directory)
- Extension Manager with RBZ files (SU8 and SU13)
Whatever way you install, you must end up with the following footprint
The standard SU Plugins root directories are:
Windows SU8: C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
Windows SU13: C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013/Plugins
Mac SU8: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/Plugins
Mac SU13: ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2013/SketchUp/Plugins
UNZIP installation On Windows
1) Download and Open the archive
2) Select All (Ctrl A)
3) Extract into the Sketchup Plugin Directory
4) Answer YES to OVERWRITE all existing files if any
UNZIP installation on Mac OSX
1) Click on the Zip archive on Sketchucation
2) This should open the Download box with highlight on the folder Fredo6_RoundCorner_24 and Fredo6_RoundCorner.rb
3) Copy this folder and file to the Sketchup Plugins directory
CAUTION: NEVER rename or move files from their folders. If you are unsure of your unzip operation, do it in a neutral folder and check that you reconstruct the right footprint. Then transfer the folders and files to the SU Plugin Directory.
The recommended installation method is to AutoInstall from the SCF Plugin Store.
Otherwise, here are the files for manual installation:
IMPORTANT: Requires to download LibFredo6 5.4 or higher if not already installed
CONFLICTING PLUGINS: some plugins conflict with RoundCorner and some others of my scripts
- VRay Beta 1.6 (a fix is being developed however)
- Some versions of Podium
- Select geometry (edges, faces) and click on one of the 3 icons. Edges are highlighted in Red and the offset borders in green. For convenience, you have several selection modes which can be activated via the buttons in the left part of the palette (or via Ctrl and Shift keys)
- You can add / remove edges from the selection by clicking on a single edge, on a face (include all edges of the face) or double click (include all connected edges)
- Adjust the Offset parameter by typing the new value in the VCB or clicking in the small field in the button palette. This will be reflected in the preview.
- Adjust the number of segments for the rounding (default is 6). Click in the button palette or type a new value followed by ‘s’ in the VCB
- You have other parameters which you modify. See documentation.
- Click in the empty space or on the checkmark icon to generate the model
- Note: you can save the parameters across Sketchup session by using the small icons with a disk and letter. See documentation
- It is always a good idea to check the contextual menu to see available options
CAUTION: Round Corner mode is very greedy in generation of faces and edges. For a standard cube (8 corners), with rounding made of 6 segments, you would generate a minimum of 8 x 36 + 12 x 6 = 360 new faces (possibly 680 when faces are not orthogonal and corners must be triangulated). In contrast, Sharp corner would only generate the rounding edges, with no corner, and create 12 x 6 = 60 new faces.
Note: there may be some limitations and issues for some complex geometric configurations.
RoundCorner 2.6a - 27 Nov 13: Release for future Sketchup compatibility
RoundCorner 2.5a - 30 Aug 13: Major release with new naming conventions. Otherwise, as v2.4, should fix the frequent problems related to insufficient permissions in the Plugins directory. Otherwise, no functional changes.
Start of Release post
RoundCorner 2.4c - 06 Jul 13: Major release with new naming conventions. Also, should fix the frequent problems related to insufficient permissions in the Plugins directory. Otherwise, no functional changes.
Start of Release post
RoundCorner 2.3a - 26 May 11: Fixes a problem of performance (slow navigation) which was reported by some Mac users.
RoundCorner 2.2c - 23 Feb 11: Fixes a small bug in 2.2b.
RoundCorner 2.2b - 23 Feb 11: Release without the traces that were in 2.2a.
RoundCorner 2.2a - 12 Jan 11: Technical release along with LibFredo6 3.6 and SU8. No functional changes, but it is advised to upgrade for support.
RoundCorner 2.1c - 11 Nov 09: Stable version