login popup

login popup

Postby Aerilius » Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

In addition to the normal login field there is a javascript popup that appears to be redundant. What is its use?
  • browsers do not fill in the username/password so I would have to type it every time. The original static login field remembers the password data.
  • I have to click it away
  • unusable on mobile because it jumps offscreen when I try to scroll, zoom or give keyboard focus

Aerilius 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: login popup

Postby Dan Rathbun » Tue May 13, 2014 4:42 pm

I use a bookmark (favorite) link directly to:
http://sketchucation.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=login

No popup.
    I'm not here much anymore. But a PM will fire email notifications.
    Dan Rathbun 
    PluginStore Author
    PluginStore Author

Re: login popup

Postby Gábor » Thu May 15, 2014 12:18 pm

The goal of this "login popup" is to inform new visitors about the membership options and to make it obvious for them that they should register as a member to be able to use all the features of SketchUcation.

It was set in a way that it popped up only for not logged in visitors hourly. So if some not logged in user visited the site again after an hour he/she got the popup again until he registered/logged in.

I do understand that this could be annoying to frequent user members who do use direct-links to access the site. Therefore now I changed the repetition time from an hour to 1 week. So if you do not erase your cookies now you won't see again this popup for a week.

I'll also check what can I do to get rid of this box in case of mobile devices.

Gábor 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
    Robot

Return to Ideas Box & Board Issues