Apartment in Oeiras

General discussion about Kubity for SketchUp

Moderators: nikusknx, rebecamoreno, romaing

Apartment in Oeiras

Postby JQL » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:23 pm

I decided to try Kubity for the first time.

Simple and effective:

But now I have some questions:

1. I exported a model without transparent windows first (how I work) and then I exported this one. What happens to the first? Can I erase it somehow?
  2. Is there a way to make my model private? I want to be able to keep some models secret as some of my clients don't want their projects to be public, specially WIP, but they still would like to be able to have them accessible.
  3. Can I update a model... For instance I would like to change shadows direction but I've already sent the model to my client, can I do that?
  4. How can I change initial camera position?
  5. I haven't tried exporting scenes yet, could we choose wich ones to export?
  6. What about sections?
  7. What about choosing a scene for main image?
  8. How do you go about changing background (I like this one actually but...)

I think it's enough for now... :D

Thanks for this excellent app!
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Apartment in Oeiras

Postby romaing » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

JQL wrote:I decided to try Kubity for the first time.

Simple and effective:

But now I have some questions:

1. I exported a model without transparent windows first (how I work) and then I exported this one. What happens to the first? Can I erase it somehow?
  2. Is there a way to make my model private? I want to be able to keep some models secret as some of my clients don't want their projects to be public, specially WIP, but they still would like to be able to have them accessible.
  3. Can I update a model... For instance I would like to change shadows direction but I've already sent the model to my client, can I do that?
  4. How can I change initial camera position?
  5. I haven't tried exporting scenes yet, could we choose wich ones to export?
  6. What about sections?
  7. What about choosing a scene for main image?
  8. How do you go about changing background (I like this one actually but...)

I think it's enough for now... :D

Thanks for this excellent app!

We've been working on a new version/new product that will answer most of your questions: initial camera position, sections, scenes, lighting/shadow settings, etc.
Right, let's say you play with a public prototype. I'm happy you find it simple and effective :)

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby JQL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 pm

romaing wrote:I'm happy you find it simple and effective :)

You should be happy because it's way more than that...

Here's another one:

It's also pretty and fast!
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ntxdave » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:39 pm

I have not tried Kubity with any of my models yet but have a rather silly question (I am an expert at stupid questions). What is First-person mode supposed to do for me?

Is there a web site that explains Kubity a little more other than just drop your model here?
ntxdave 

Postby HornOxx » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:16 pm

ntxdave wrote:...I am an expert at stupid questions...
:mrgreen:
thanks Dave for asking this - so no one notices here, that I'm an even bigger expert ;)
HornOxx 

Postby Rich O Brien » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:10 pm

@dave

orbit the model so you are in a room then click the First Person icon. When the calibration dialog disappears click and drag the 'little person' icon into the model and then use your arrow keys to run around.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby ntxdave » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks @Rich - I was clicking it when I was still outside. Never did see the person appear. I will give it a try.
ntxdave 

Postby JQL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Guys, I know I didn't upload furniture, but please don't run around the house... it's painted fresh!
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ntxdave » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:11 am

I have tried Chrome and MS Edge and have never see the person show up after clicking the First-Person button. I also notice that the green outline in the lower left corner never gets past the half way point. Should it get all the way?

I am on a laptop with Win 10. Would really like to see the First-Person experience.
ntxdave 

Postby romaing » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 am

ntxdave wrote:I have tried Chrome and MS Edge and have never see the person show up after clicking the First-Person button. I also notice that the green outline in the lower left corner never gets past the half way point. Should it get all the way?

I am on a laptop with Win 10. Would really like to see the First-Person experience.

We know that we really have to improve the user experience.
First You need click once to calibrate the mode then you should be able to drag the tiny guy (it was grey, then whote) and drop it on your model.
You click on the guy, maintain press and move your cursor where you want to walk.
From there you're in first-person mode so you can walk/run like in a video game.
Maintain left button pressed to look around.
Maintain right button pressed to walk and look around.
Maintain both buttons pressed to run and look around.
Space to jump...
If you want to teleport yourself somewhere just re-drag and re-drop the tiny guy.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby ntxdave » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:29 pm

romaing wrote:
ntxdave wrote:I have tried Chrome and MS Edge and have never see the person show up after clicking the First-Person button. I also notice that the green outline in the lower left corner never gets past the half way point. Should it get all the way?

We know that we really have to improve the user experience.
First You need click once to calibrate the mode then you should be able to drag the tiny guy (it was grey, then whote) and drop it on your model.
You click on the guy, maintain press and move your cursor where you want to walk.
From there you're in first-person mode so you can walk/run like in a video game.
Maintain left button pressed to look around.
Maintain right button pressed to walk and look around.
Maintain both buttons pressed to run and look around.
Space to jump...
If you want to teleport yourself somewhere just re-drag and re-drop the tiny guy.

Thanks this helped a lot. I keep running into walls and other dumb stuff but I get the hang of it. I have not figured out an efficient way to back up once I get to close to something but I will get the hang of it. It is actually pretty neat.

How big can the model be (file size)? I have some in the 20Mb range that might be neat to try. They are pretty complex models (a car wash with all of the equipment).
ntxdave 

Postby JQL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:13 pm

I've come back here for every reply and I cannot access the model anymore...

The circle keeps spinning and nothing
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby romaing » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:03 pm

ntxdave wrote:How big can the model be (file size)? I have some in the 20Mb range that might be neat to try. They are pretty complex models (a car wash with all of the equipment).

It should work, some users have already converted huge models (500Mb+ and 100M+ polygons) and it works on a smartphone at the end.
Of course, we still have room of improvement on our optimization/compression engine.
Try you complex models and let us know :)

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby romaing » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:06 pm

JQL wrote:I've come back here for every reply and I cannot access the model anymore...
The circle keeps spinning and nothing

It looks like a memory issue. We still have some (known and about to be fixed) bugs depending on the browser you use, etc.
The best is to use the latest 64 bits version of a modern browser: Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari.
And if you have hundreds of tabs opened it might be an issue.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby JQL » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:25 pm

I might have some tabs but not hundreds and it's true that I haven't installed Chrome Canary on this computer, however, I have 32GB of RAM... are you sure that might be it?
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby KrisM » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:34 pm

The model won't play for me either. Only 5 tabs open, lots of memory. I am using the latest version of Firefox. Funnily enough, it will play in Edge. A Firefox problem?

KrisM 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JQL » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:29 pm

It also plays on edge for me but it used to play on chrome. Is it a caching issue?
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby romaing » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:13 pm

JQL wrote:It also plays on edge for me but it used to play on chrome. Is it a caching issue?

Yes It could be, sometimes web browsers are worse than black magic... Stability will be greatly improved in a few weeks, we've been working on optimizing memory usage and it'll be in our next update.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby Paul Russam » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:05 pm

We've been might impressed with Kubity and usually send a model link to our clients. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's coming next.
Paul Russam
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.
Paul Russam 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Kubity