[RELEASE] Beta 0.2.0

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

[RELEASE] Beta 0.2.0

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:53 am

Beta 0.2.0

Don't forget to restart Sketchup after install.

Changelog:
  • OSX support (finally!)
  • Couple of bug fixes...

For now, the Library on OSX is empty, this is normal, although temporary.

For OSX : Install using the .rbz
For Windows : Install using the .exe (contains the library content)

If needed, same serial as before : 6sblp-7GdCN-Z1Y3X-E0O4a
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [RELEASE] Beta 0.2.0

Postby NigeC » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Is 2014 supported?
I still can't load anything from the library, the dialog opens, pick any item, the load options display but when I click load nothing happens and no Ruby console errors
Selecting a custom library path does nothing either

oops lied a bout the ruby console, clicking on long grass 01 large gives:
Code: Select all
Error: #<RuntimeError: Can't insert empty component.>
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:140:in `load'
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:140:in `block (2 levels) in start_lib_dialog'
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:130:in `each'
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/library.rb:130:in `block in start_lib_dialog'
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:15:in `call'
C:/Users/nige/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:15:in `block in add_bridge_callback'
-e:1:in `call'
“It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it!”
NigeC 

Postby JasonWD » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm

WooT!

Now I need to build something into my current project that needs the power of Skatter so I can play with it on the clock :D
SketchUp, Thea Render, Vectorworks PC and Mac - Full LayOut workflow Concept>Production
JasonWD 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby JasonWD » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:03 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
For now, the Library on OSX is empty, this is normal, although temporary.

Is there a manual way to get the library?

edit:
Using this as a tutorial

SketchUp, Thea Render, Vectorworks PC and Mac - Full LayOut workflow Concept>Production
JasonWD 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:26 pm

JasonWD wrote:Is there a manual way to get the library?

No, the issue is in the files themselves. All the proxies and material maps paths are Windows paths.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 pm

JasonWD wrote:Using this as a tutorial

There's a draft of the manual here : http://help.getskatter.com/
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TedVitale_CG » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Looking good!
Ted Vitale
3D Artist|Trainer
Chaos Group USA
http://www.chaosgroup.com
TedVitale_CG 
Vray Support
Vray Support

Postby nektares » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Great!! thanks!

nektares 

Postby TedVitale_CG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Can you by chance add a custom path option to the installer so that we can install to another location?
Ted Vitale
3D Artist|Trainer
Chaos Group USA
TedVitale_CG 
Vray Support
Vray Support

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Hmm, no :D

The plugin itself has to be in Sketchup's Plugins folder.
As for the library, there are built-in paths for material maps, and proxies. I have no way to parametrically set these paths in all files. (That's actually the reason why for now there is no content in the library on OSX)
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TedVitale_CG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Dang, the copy and paste method works for 2016, I just have to do it all the time because I'm uninstalling and reinstalling V-Ray, SketchUp, Skatter, etc to test with :? its just time consuming and I thought I might be able to get away with a cheat! Oh Well! :D
Ted Vitale
3D Artist|Trainer
Chaos Group USA
TedVitale_CG 
Vray Support
Vray Support

Postby TedVitale_CG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Render lists don't seem to be updating in Skatters OSX Version. I can select (+) in the Scatter List menu and It never adds any additional lists unless I close and open the Skatter plugin a few times. This also causes problems with the "render only" function. Unless the list is visible and registered in the Skatter render lists, the renderer does not recognize it.
Ted Vitale
3D Artist|Trainer
Chaos Group USA
TedVitale_CG 
Vray Support
Vray Support

Postby caecarvalho » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Something strange is happening with skatter 0.2 and Thea render in my computer. It creates the skatter but it won't render. I've done a test with a grass model from the library and I only get a proxy rendered in the origin, the rest of the plane is empty (see image attached). The ruby console shows nothing strange when I create the skatter. It doesn't happen when I use vray, this is only thea related. I've tested in an older scene that I've built using skatter 0.1.1 and thea (scene with 5 different skatter setups), and all of them desapeared in the render, and one strange thing happen: One of the proxys that was in the scene, but not in any skatter setup, rendered as a different proxy. :o I've already tried to unninstall and reinstall with no success... Any clues?
P.S.:When I go back to 0.1.1 everything works perfectly.

caecarvalho 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:39 pm

You likely need to update your Thea version :)
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby caecarvalho » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:51 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:You likely need to update your Thea version :)

I'm using the version 1.5.03.326.1387. Is there a newer version? (I couldn't find anything on thea site) :?

caecarvalho 

Postby caecarvalho » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Sorry for the offtopic post, but as I know the guys here like to test new stuff, this is very exiting news! :) Ondra (Corona developer) just posted that they've started developing the corona for sketchup and they need testers for this very early stages. He said that they will have a build in the next few days, so if anyone is interested just head to:
https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index ... 237.0.html

I know it's early, but would be cool to have skatter working with corona for su in the near future!! :D

caecarvalho 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:56 pm

caecarvalho wrote:I'm using the version 1.5.03.326.1387. Is there a newer version? (I couldn't find anything on thea site) :?

Oh yeah, my bad. I'm using a more recent version that Tomasz has not released. I thought everybody here using Thea was also a beta tester. You can send a PM to Tomasz, or wait for the next public release.

caecarvalho wrote:Corona

Thanks for the heads up! I sent them an email :)
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby caecarvalho » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:
caecarvalho wrote:I'm using the version 1.5.03.326.1387. Is there a newer version? (I couldn't find anything on thea site) :?

Oh yeah, my bad. I'm using a more recent version that Tomasz has not released. I thought everybody here using Thea was also a beta tester. You can send a PM to Tomasz, or wait for the next public release.

That's ok! I'll wait for the public release! :thumb:

caecarvalho 

Postby mriedel » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm seeing the same issue as TedVitale_CG.

"Render lists don't seem to be updating in Skatters OSX Version. I can select (+) in the Scatter List menu and It never adds any additional lists unless I close and open the Skatter plugin a few times. This also causes problems with the "render only" function. Unless the list is visible and registered in the Skatter render lists, the renderer does not recognize it."

Also when I go to edit Render lists, the host and objects are gone (although they still seem to be there when rendered).

Any plans to fix these bugs with the OS X interface? They make this excellent plugin borderline unusable.

--Marc

mriedel 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:27 am

Which version of Skatter are you using?
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot