[REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

[REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby rv1974 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:52 am

Would it be possible?
SUtoMax would be awesome too.
Similar to this:
https://www.pixamoon.com/shop/4587562584/copy-paste-dwg/9910941
1
Last edited by rv1974 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

rv1974 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby numerobis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am

I think it should be possible. Pasting simple geometry is already there, but i think no longer developed. But maybe this "Pixamoon" plugin is based on the same code...

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=69663
0

numerobis 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby rv1974 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:40 am

The one you mentioned is not working in v21 unfortunately.
I really wish some of ruby magicians would take a look at it.
1

rv1974 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby numerobis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Yes, i was hoping too that this would get some attention. And i don't understand why this project has been canceled.
0

numerobis 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby glro » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:49 pm

numerobis wrote:Yes, i was hoping too that this would get some attention. And i don't understand why this project has been canceled.


simple answer: there is no benefit in developing it
4 dollars for a licence... it is not enough

this is true for niche softwares in general:
> if it s too cheap, nobody is interested in developing it
> if it is too expensive, nobody wants to buy it...
0

glro 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby rv1974 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Judging by your analysis we will never see any decent\useful SU plugin again. Let's hope you're not 100% right.
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby glro » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 pm

rv1974 wrote:Judging by your analysis we will never see any decent\useful SU plugin again. Let's hope you're not 100% right.


there is another conclusion in form of a question: how do you find money to developp very specific extensions that will only interest a few users ...?

sometimes, passion and generosity come to an end

many of the programmers who were posting here 10 years ago, are not there anymore.
There must be a reason, and my guess is that it is an economic reason.

If you really need a specific development, you could try https://www.freelancer.com/
maybe try to find others with the same need and share the cost

... just ideas
0

glro 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby chon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 am

Hello,
rv1974 wrote:Would it be possible?

I'm surprised by this need, natively in SU v2021, you've got a DWG and DXF import files menu.
0
SU2019 pro 19.3.253 + VRay 4.00.02 (Next) on Win10-64Bits
User avatar
chon 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby rv1974 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 am

glro wrote:
rv1974 wrote:Judging by your analysis we will never see any decent\useful SU plugin again. Let's hope you're not 100% right.


there is another conclusion in form of a question: how do you find money to developp very specific extensions that will only interest a few users ...?

sometimes, passion and generosity come to an end

many of the programmers who were posting here 10 years ago, are not there anymore.
There must be a reason, and my guess is that it is an economic reason.

If you really need a specific development, you could try https://www.freelancer.com/
maybe try to find others with the same need and share the cost

... just ideas

Nobody argues with your truisms, no illusions here. Your points (based on your perception of the world) are legit in in 99% of cases.
However there still tons of free\donate\$5-10 scripts on forums all around the Web which leave a tiny chance for requests like this one.
BTW Selling at least 100 copies of $5 script globally (with millions of SU\Acad users) rather justifies 1 week(?) of skilled scripter ourside 'golden milliard'. Check the salaries in Vietnam\Ukraine\India etc).
-------
@chon: Once you (architect\ArchVizer) try it you can't live without it. One of the most popular scripts on Scriptspot (made in Germany, sold for $5 ;)
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby glro » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am

rv1974 wrote:
glro wrote:
rv1974 wrote:Judging by your analysis we will never see any decent\useful SU plugin again. Let's hope you're not 100% right.


there is another conclusion in form of a question: how do you find money to developp very specific extensions that will only interest a few users ...?

sometimes, passion and generosity come to an end

many of the programmers who were posting here 10 years ago, are not there anymore.
There must be a reason, and my guess is that it is an economic reason.

If you really need a specific development, you could try https://www.freelancer.com/
maybe try to find others with the same need and share the cost

... just ideas

Nobody argues with your truisms, no illusions here. Your points (based on your perception of the world) are legit in in 99% of cases.
However there still tons of free\donate\$5-10 scripts on forums all around the Web which leave a tiny chance for requests like this one.
BTW Selling at least 100 copies of $5 script globally (with millions of SU\Acad users) rather justifies 1 week(?) of skilled scripter ourside 'golden milliard'. Check the salaries in Vietnam\Ukraine\India etc).
-------
@chon: Once you (architect\ArchVizer) try it you can't live without it. One of the most popular scripts on Scriptspot (made in Germany, sold for $5 ;)


500 $ a week might be a lot in Vietnam, maybe not so much in Germany
2021-04-13 10_52_18-404 Not Found.png


anyway, i don't want to argue or upset anybody here in the forum; i just wanted to mention the economical side of developping an extension for sketchup
0

glro 
 

Re: [REQ] Copy-Paste DWG to SU

Postby pbacot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:46 pm

There's a developer working on a bridge from PowerCADD to SketchUp. Why? It's his passion, but also he does ALL the good PowerCADD add-ons and this would just be another arrow in his quiver. It's possible someone would like to make this DWG copy-paste script for themselves and then offer it to others.

I don't find the DWG import that cumbersome. I usually copy out a portion of a drawing to a new file (with only Layer0) clean it up, save it, and import to SketchUp. The clean up step saves time in SketchUp. But I don't need this more than once a week.
0
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], LucaGas and 14 guests

Visit our sponsors: