New Cabinet making plugiin being developed

To access this forum when logged in, please, sign up to the Woodworking User Group in your User Control Panel.

New Cabinet making plugiin being developed

Postby Chris Fullmer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 am

Hi everyone, I thought I'd point you to this thread where "NewOne" is working on a plugin for cabinet making. He's looking for feedback and ideas, so this would be a good time to check it out!

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=23572

Chris
Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
All my Plugins I've written
Chris Fullmer 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Re: New Cabinet making plugin being developed

Postby Dave R » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 am

Looks interesting for those folks drawing things like kitchen cabinets and possibly some modern case pieces. I don't see it being terribly useful for traditional furniture styles, though.
%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby dedmin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 am

Yes, it's gonna be more useful in Europe, where we are heavily using melamine faced boards, MDF and the like.

dedmin 

Postby mics_54 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Ah, for euro cabinets only.

I edited my previous post as after reading it I thought it seemd combative and less than useful. Not my intention. I'm always interested in new ruby scripts.

mics_54 

Postby dermotcoll » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 am

Where in Europe are you based Dedmin. Always interested in exchanging ideas in kitchen design.
When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!
dermotcoll 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby dedmin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:50 am

dermotcoll wrote:Where in Europe are you based Dedmin. Always interested in exchanging ideas in kitchen design.

Bulgaria :family: :family:
2009-11-14_104823.jpg

dedmin 

Postby dermotcoll » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 am

Good man. Never been to that part of the world. Do you ever visit the Zow exhibitions in Bad Salzufen in Germany or the one held in Italy in Pordenone?
When you burn your arse - you gotta sit on the blisters!!
dermotcoll 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby dedmin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm

dermotcoll wrote:Good man. Never been to that part of the world. Do you ever visit the Zow exhibitions in Bad Salzufen in Germany or the one held in Italy in Pordenone?

Never been there. Actually, I'm just a newbie in all this fields - modeling, rendering and furniture building! Just started a year ago to learn all this stuff :?

dedmin 

Re: New Cabinet making plugiin being developed

Postby Roger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 am

The comment about the melamine covered MDF made me laugh. I just did a bathroom redesign for my own house which came with lots of melamine. The funny part is that I bought IKEA oak flooring (real but real thin oak veneer over thin composite)and glued it over the existing white melamine. The thought probably makes purists choke, but it looks good. And I even added some new melamine in the form of black edge banding. I promise to post photos of the finished project just to dispel the images you have already conjured up.

Roger 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Woodworking