[Plugin] FredoTools - v3.1b - 11 Jul 17

[Plugin] FredoTools - v3.1b - 11 Jul 17

Postby fredo6 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 pm

From now on, the information on FredoTools is maintained on the Plugin Home Page of FredoTools. This is also where you can download the RBZ file.

Requirement: LibFredo v7.7 or above

If you land on this page and are unfamiliar with how to install Sketchup Extensions such as LibFredo6 or how to register on Sketchucation, please watch this video or refer to the Plugin page of LibFredo6.



FredoTools groups a number of my standalone plugins, some already published, some new. By delivering them as a single package, it reduces the footprint on Sketchup:
  • A single folder in the Plugins directory (Fredo6_FredoTools)
  • A single menu entry (by default in Tools > FredoTools)
  • A single contextual menu
  • A single toolbar, with control of the icons displayed
  • A Quick Launcher
  • Also, only a small part of the plugins is loaded at Sketchup startup (only the menus). The rest of the code is loaded the first time you launch the plugin

FredoTools - Toolbar.png


Plugins currently included in FredoTools are:

FredoTools Quick Launcher.png


There is a good overview of most tools in a tutrial designed by Tutorials Up.

38
Last edited by fredo6 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 117 times in total.
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:02 am

Thanks Fredo

ThruPaint is very useful. :thumb:
1
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
User avatar
Rich O Brien 
Administrator
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 am

Rich O'Brien wrote:ThruPaint is very useful. :thumb:

Oooops!! ThruPaint is not ready yet. It was in the release by mistake.

Fredo
1
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby Ken » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:21 am

Fredo

Is there anyway to prevent the loading in the contextual menu? I try to keep as much as I can away from the contextual menu.

Thanks in advance

Ken
0
Government rushes to help the irresponsible and does little for the responsible.
User avatar
Ken 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:23 am

I won't use it ;)
0
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
User avatar
Rich O Brien 
Administrator
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby driven » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 am

the pin is a great idea...

all seems to work on mac...
from additional folders on and off...

john
PS. I had to manually remove .._DIR_42, it wouldn't 'purge' from the additional folder, should it?

john
0
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am

driven wrote:PS. I had to manually remove .._DIR_42, it wouldn't 'purge' from the additional folder, should it?

Normally you don't need to remove it. It should work even if present, as 43 > 42.
Did you see it in the Purge Obsolete Files... dialog box?

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby driven » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 am

I saw it there, and tried both 'delete all' and then individuals 'delete' when it was the only one left.

the standalone rubies all purged fine.
john
1
learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

driven 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0a - 19 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 am

Ken wrote:Is there anyway to prevent the loading in the contextual menu? I try to keep as much as I can away from the contextual menu.

Sorry for that. I usually do it for the other plugins. So, try version 1.0b and go to the Default Parameters dialog box.

FredoTools Config Icons and Context Menus.png

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby MALAISE » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:01 am

Nice Fredo, :thumb: ........ :thumb: So we have more space for drawing. :lol:

Pierre
0
La Connaissance n'a de valeur que partagée
User avatar
MALAISE 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby pilou » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 am

Un petit cadeau de Noël ;)
A little Chrismas gift ;)
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby erikB » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:59 am

Very handy fredo !!!
thanks ( and happy holidays !)
erikB
0
User avatar
erikB 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby Panga » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks a lot Fredo, nice addition. :thumb:
0

Panga 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby RichardCherry » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the nice Christmas present :)
Wonderful set of tools :)
0

RichardCherry 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby Vicspa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Ditto Fredo :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
0

Vicspa 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby irwanwr » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:01 pm

no curviloft? :(
0
User avatar
irwanwr 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby boilingsnow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am

Can you tell why I can't load the plugin?
I have already installed the latest version of LibFredo6.
0

boilingsnow 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 am

boilingsnow wrote:Can you tell why I can't load the plugin?
I have already installed the latest version of LibFredo6.

Can you check the footprint of the files.
In the Plugins directory, you should have the Folder FREDOTOOLS_Dir_10 with all the files in it.
It looks like you have the rb files directly in the Plugins directory, not in this folder.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby boilingsnow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Fredo6 wrote:
boilingsnow wrote:Can you tell why I can't load the plugin?
I have already installed the latest version of LibFredo6.

Can you check the footprint of the files.
In the Plugins directory, you should have the Folder FREDOTOOLS_Dir_10 with all the files in it.
It looks like you have the rb files directly in the Plugins directory, not in this folder.

Fredo

Thanks for your explanation. It works!
0

boilingsnow 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby halroach » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Fredo,

very nice plugin!
I've been thinking of a similar plugin, which you could incorporate into this one:

1. For planning and adjusting areas of a house (to suit program requirements) - it would be nice to have the option to save a selection of faces, and see how the areas update as you change them in sketchup.
You have the "areas report" window on ALL THE TIME. You select the faces and components you want once - which gives you the areas. After that you can continue editing the model and the numbers change as you drag lines and change areas - kind of like a set of "entity infos" open all the time for a specific set of pre selected faces. If it cannot be updated "live" you could have an update button (with a keyboard shortcut of course) that would update the info in the box + the different tags.

see attached mockup image (numbers are just gibberish for illustration)

2. you could have selection sets in pre selected colors for interiors, exteriors etc... kind of like the areas by material, but rather by custom selection.

3. you could have sub-totals for faces that were marked together.

4. selecting a face or faces in the list will mark them in the model

5. I noticed that if I use the standard tool for marking the area of a face in a scaled component, it will show the same area for the component in each of it's differently scaled instances (which makes sense). By what I've noticed, your plugin knows how to over come that, right?
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Halroach wrote:1. For planning and adjusting areas of a house (to suit program requirements) - it would be nice to have the option to save a selection of faces, and see how the areas update as you change them in sketchup.
You have the "areas report" window on ALL THE TIME. You select the faces and components you want once - which gives you the areas. After that you can continue editing the model and the numbers change as you drag lines and change areas - kind of like a set of "entity infos" open all the time for a specific set of pre selected faces. If it cannot be updated "live" you could have an update button (with a keyboard shortcut of course) that would update the info in the box + the different tags.

This is possible, but this requires a slightly different design, especially because you need this information to be persistent across Sketchup sessions. I may give it a try whenever I have time, either as an extension of the plugin or as a new plugin.

Halroach wrote:5. I noticed that if I use the standard tool for marking the area of a face in a scaled component, it will show the same area for the component in each of it's differently scaled instances (which makes sense). By what I've noticed, your plugin knows how to over come that, right?

Yes, the plugin counts the real areas within each component, taking into account the scaling factor and shear factor.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby halroach » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Fredo6 wrote:This is possible, but this requires a slightly different design, especially because you need this information to be persistent across Sketchup sessions. I may give it a try whenever I have time, either as an extension of the plugin or as a new plugin.Fredo


That would be really cool Fredo!
I'd be glad to contribute with the conceptual design whenever you get around to it. I may have some further ideas as to how this tool could be useful, more effective and easy to use.
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Halroach wrote:That would be really cool Fredo!
I'd be glad to contribute with the conceptual design whenever you get around to it. I may have some further ideas as to how this tool could be useful, more effective and easy to use.

Your comments are welcome. I am not really user of the tool, and it's good to hear from users who have practice and requirement about areas in Sketchup.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby DesignerPro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:25 am

Tried the new curveloft tool set. This is all the errors it generates when I open SketchUp. :(

Now WHAT? :|

Error Loading File bootstrap_Curviloft.rb
uninitialized constant Curviloft::T6Error Loading File CurviloftAlgo.rb
uninitialized constant Curviloft::T6Error Loading File CurviloftCurveMover.rb
uninitialized constant Curviloft::T6Error Loading File CurviloftPalette.rb
uninitialized constant Curviloft::T6Error Loading File CurviloftTool.rb
uninitialized constant Curviloft::T6Error Loading File FredoTools.rb
uninitialized constant FredoTools::T6Error Loading File FredoTools__ConstructFaceNormal.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__CountFacesBySides.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__CurviShear.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__MarkVertices.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__RemoveLonelyVertices.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__ReportLabelArea.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File FredoTools__RevertCurve.rb
undefined method `register_plug' for FredoTools:ModuleError Loading File __loader.rb
undefined method `effective_load' for nil:NilClass
0

DesignerPro 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby fredo6 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 pm

@DesignerPro

This seems to be a problem of installation, probably coming from an erroneous unzip operation.
The right footprint is indicated in the first post:
- file LibFredo6.rb
- Folder LIBFREDO6_Dir_43
- Folder FREDOTOOLS_Dir_10

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.0b - 20 Dec 11

Postby niks » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 pm

thank you very much fredo :thumb:
0

niks 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.1j - 11 Apr 12

Postby hebeijianke » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:49 am

thanks fredo
chinese language
0

hebeijianke 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.1j - 11 Apr 12

Postby guanjin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 am

What a powerful tool, too practical, easy language conversion, love you Fredo6 :fecstatic: :berserk:
0
I come from China, is to learn
User avatar
guanjin 
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.1j - 11 Apr 12

Postby JClements » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:37 pm

"Show Box Lines" setting for Area Labeler.

What does this mean?
0
John
Illustrator
Beaverton, Oregon
User avatar
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] FredoTools 1.1j - 11 Apr 12

Postby fredo6 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 pm

JClements wrote:"Show Box Lines" setting for Area Labeler.

What does this mean?

When you mouse over or select components, it shows the box of each subcomponents (instead of just showing the faces).

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Next


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mattzozo, ptasznick and 9 guests

Visit our sponsors: