[BUG] Skatter shows up while Rendering Selection with Thea

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

[BUG] Skatter shows up while Rendering Selection with Thea

Postby JQL » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:58 am

Jiminy and Tomasz,

I found out that if I have a Skatter in a model, I cannot render selection only without the skatter showing up. This makes my miserable GPU being out of the loop when testing smaller objects inside bigger model and the collecting data stage taking much longer. In the example image below GPU failed rendering because of all the grass and bushes.

presto CPU+GPU.png

Though this is a minor thing do you think this could be looked at? (maybe more at Tomasz side... I don't know)

Thanks,

João
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: [BUG] Skatter shows up while Rendering Selection with Th

Postby tomasz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:19 pm

That is definitely my part.
Would you be happy with rendering just the selection, without any instances coming from Scatter?

tomasz 
SU2TH & SU2KT Developer

Re: [BUG] Skatter shows up while Rendering Selection with Th

Postby JQL » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:39 pm

tomasz wrote:That is definitely my part.
Would you be happy with rendering just the selection, without any instances coming from Scatter?

Great! That would be exactly what I would expect to happen.

But what if I want to render one of the skatter surface groups only. Could I render it alone as a selection render? This would have to hide any other skatter surface on the model.

And what if I have a group with 2 or more Skatter surfaces inside? Would I be able to render only the skatters inside that group when rendering selection?

If all this would be possible I would be able to use presto to test either individual parts of the building, like that kitchen, or individual skatter groups that otherwise might not fit in GPU memory, for instance front garden and back garden.

But if this is too much, what you purpose is already very good for me.
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Skatter