[Plugin] SketchyMesh (terrain & shape maker)

[Plugin] SketchyMesh (terrain & shape maker)

Postby Ineshtine » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:28 pm

SketchyMesh is an easy terrain and shape builder. It is based on the formula z=f(x,y) for a grid where you enter your own ruby formula using x and y. You can download it from http://Raylectron.com it is free with source code but is (c)2012 SoftByte Labs Inc.

Here are some screen shots of the GUI and formulas used...

GUI.png

Terrain1.png

Terrain2.png

Terrain3.png

Shape1.png

Shape2.png

Shape3.png

Shape4.png
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
Ineshtine 

Re: [Plugin] SketchyMesh (terrain & shape maker)

Postby brookefox » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks, Raylectron. I have not installed, and am math-poor, but looks interesting. And thanks for posting the examples. I hope there will be more from wherever. For me, hidden geometry displayed in the absence of other materials is most revealing and helpful, but I understand not all share my view. Some actually render.
~ Brooke
brookefox 

Postby Ineshtine » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 pm

brookefox wrote:Thanks, Raylectron. I have not installed, and am math-poor, but looks interesting. And thanks for posting the examples. I hope there will be more from wherever. For me, hidden geometry displayed in the absence of other materials is most revealing and helpful, but I understand not all share my view. Some actually render.

You are welcome :)

You don't need to know math, really, just modify the ones that comes with the plugin and see what it does. There is an Undo button to easily undo the mesh, so you can change the formula quickly on every turn. You can go the "View" menu and turn on "Hidden Geometry". My examples above have a material to them, but the plugin doesn't do that, it only create a mesh.

Here is one with the Hidden Geometry...

Terrain.png
What? you haven't tried Raylectron yet?
Ineshtine 

Postby brookefox » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm

That's very nice that it comes with formulas to sample. :thumb:
(I figured the materials were added post prod; I meant in your displayed examples.)
~ Brooke
brookefox 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Plugins