Porsche 356C

Porsche 356C

Postby Mike Amos » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 am

I would like to thank Loo for his posted render (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=74495) which has inspired me to try similar with Twilight render.

Long way to go yet with better shadow catcher and improved angle from the hdri.

The model has a few small issues when imported into Sketchup but frankly, very minor and for a model offered freely, it shows up well.

Wotcha fink folks?

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Porsche 356C

Postby Mike Amos » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:55 pm

OK, a few self made errors due to be an unthinking plank which I finally discovered the cause of but, there is a problem with the hdri presentation in all views. Shadow catcher and hdri might be the issue but I doubt it seeing as I discovered that particular snafu of my own making.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:20 pm

I'm not seeing any flaws. Do you mean the angle of the lighting? If that's all, then you'll solve that by tomorrow! :thumb:

Other than that? Yeah, looks great. :thumb:
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby loco » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:27 am

Ooooh, my favourite car :fro: I am following this :ugeek: Don't forget the licence plate ;)
Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial
loco 

Postby Mike Amos » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 am

Thanks folks, the hdri has a horizontal split half way up the 'wall' which should not be there. As for the plate, I am looking at several varieties with one being a typical plate for the years it was in production but, a German plate. When I get the various 'bits' flipped I will do a UK version, possibly.

Trying to fix the hdri at the moment.

The 'A' pillar has been cleaned up due to some messy geometry but there are still a few details I would like to add like dashboard and clocks etc.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pbacot » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:24 am

This is beautiful work. I like the tail lights though could be more depth to them. I don't get what's going on in the background but the lighting and all is fine AFIK / can see. Great job and thanks for sharing. It's helpful to see good renderings.
MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Mike Amos » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks mate, I mention cleaning it up but it is basically a very fine model and a credit to the guy who made it. HDRI aside, it's a joy to work with. :knockout:

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to WIP