Clothworks license - one time payment?

Clothworks license - one time payment?

Postby millypatty » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi, can someone tell me if the Clothworks license fee is a one time payment with unlimited access?

millypatty 

Re: Clothworks license - one time payment?

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:28 pm

It's a lifetime license for v1.#
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby millypatty » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:07 pm

Thank you. Are there upgrade license fees when a new version is released?

Is the current version #1? Do you know if there are any plans for a new version release any time soon?

millypatty 

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:42 pm

millypatty wrote:Thank you. Are there upgrade license fees when a new version is released?

Is the current version #1? Do you know if there are any plans for a new version release any time soon?

That would a query for the Developer AntonS. All I know is any updates since its release have all fall under v1.#

And the initial v1 compared to the current is vastly improved.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Anton_S » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:16 pm

It will be a while until version 2 releases start coming out. We still have plans for more version 1.x.y releases.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby millypatty » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:43 am

Thank you. :fro:

millypatty 

Postby millypatty » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 am

Anton - are there any tutorials for creating a duvet/comforter for a bed in Clothworks? I have found tutorials for creating a blanket but they are flatter than a duvet/comforter. I want to create something fuller/puffy that will also retain this look when dropped on to a bed. Please let me know if you can direct me to a tutorial that will help. Thanks.

millypatty 

Postby Anton_S » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:10 am

millypatty wrote:Anton - are there any tutorials for creating a duvet/comforter for a bed in Clothworks? I have found tutorials for creating a blanket but they are flatter than a duvet/comforter. I want to create something fuller/puffy that will also retain this look when dropped on to a bed. Please let me know if you can direct me to a tutorial that will help. Thanks.

With regards to one layer, I was able to pull off using pins to drag one side of the blanket:
  1. Create a blanket with a quadrilateral grid of 4000+ resolution
  2. Enable self-collision, and increase bend stiffness to 0.2
  3. Create a few pins along the top edge of the blanket
  4. Play simulation.
  5. While simulation running select all pins and use gizmo to drag the top edge over the blanket
  6. Stop simulation
  7. Delete the pins
  8. Play simulation to let the rest of the top edge drop over the blanket
  9. Drag random places of the blanket to make it more cloth-like
  10. Stop simulation and apply thickness and/or loop subdivision.
See attached image.

For forming multiple layers of stacked cloth, I tried the same approach with utilizing the pins but was not able to put together anything successfully. It seems self-collision is not robust enough. Looking forward to improving it.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby millypatty » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:53 am

Thanks I'll give it at try.

This is the type of bedding I'm hoping to achieve. I've drawn the bed but I have imported the bedding and it doesn't fit well to the bed frame. Which is why I want to recreate it myself.

Will the method you have outlined help me to achieve this look? Does this example look like it was created in Clothworks?

millypatty 

Postby Anton_S » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 pm

millypatty wrote:Thanks I'll give it at try.

This is the type of bedding I'm hoping to achieve. I've drawn the bed but I have imported the bedding and it doesn't fit well to the bed frame. Which is why I want to recreate it myself.

Will the method you have outlined help me to achieve this look? Does this example look like it was created in Clothworks?

I am not sure if this was created with ClothWorks. This puffiness effect looks nice and so far, with ClothWorks, it was only applied to creating pillows. With regards to bedsheets, I currently have no understanding of how to replicate this effect. To support this kind of puffiness effect, I believe there needs to be a soft body simulation support. Right now, it's just flat sheets.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions