Clothworks issue - deadline asap

Clothworks issue - deadline asap

Postby hannahnaomi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:43 am

Clothworks is amazing - thank you for this tool.

However, I am having a lot of trouble. I've spent all day trying to figure this out.

I am trying to model this type of drapery:
drapery.jpeg

I created rectangles arrayed around a circular shape.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.29.12 PM.png

I made each rectangle a group and created cloth, but was unable to create the quadrilateral grid. I got this error message:
Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.20.07 PM.png

I have a deadline tomorrow and have been working on this all day and night to no avail. Can anyone please help?

hannahnaomi 

Re: Clothworks issue - deadline asap

Postby cotty » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:35 am

You can upload one component to help us to help you...
cotty 
Top SketchUcator

Re: Clothworks issue - deadline asap

Postby hannahnaomi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Because the different "strands" of the drapery needed to be different lengths and pinned at different angles, I decided to scrap trying to use the original circular array of rectangles and am modeling each strand one by one... I don't even have the original component anymore! ​

I think my original issue was the way I was selecting the geometry. I was able to model one of the strands, attaching file.

drapes.skp

The other issue I've come across is once I model the cloth, I realize I needed to add more pins, but because I want the pins to be in a circular shape, if I toggle the drape off, I can't tell where to put the pins so they catch the cloth.

Is it possible to add pins after modeling the cloth?

If anyone has a better work process on how to model the referenced drape, please let me know.

hannahnaomi 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions