[Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby optimaforever » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:34 am

I don't know if this is a new bug but it happens right after typing the value in the VCB. Your bug window appears and I have already sent the bug message to you.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm able to reproduce. I think I have a fix, but I need to test if it breaks other stuff.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Version 1.2.12

Fixes
  • Fixes VCB adjustments for Gizmo Ctrl+Move.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby optimaforever » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Cool. that was fast.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby optimaforever » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am

About the hanging issue, it's very strange.
It takes around 5-10 min after launching SU to be actually available (move in the viewport).
Where can I check the launching log of SU?
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 am

optimaforever wrote:Where can I check the launching log of SU?

There is none...

The lag goes away if you disable or remove VT?
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby optimaforever » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 am

thomthom wrote:The lag goes away if you disable or remove VT?

I've tried this, but that doesn't change anything.
I'm busy trying to reinstall SU 2017.
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am

Have you tried removing all files related to Vertex Tools? After using uninstall from Extension Manager there might be files left. Could you check your Plugins folder?
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby sofie9536 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

works fine,thanks
0

sofie9536 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby jzar_kobi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:38 pm

I can't seem to connect to the license server, yes I have unblocked with my firewall still no luck
0

jzar_kobi 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:55 pm

jzar_kobi wrote:I can't seem to connect to the license server, yes I have unblocked with my firewall still no luck


What version of SketchUp are you using? What OS and OS version? (If Windows, what version of Internet Explorer is installed?)
Is there any output in the Ruby Console if you open it before trying to activate?
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Einstein » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:51 am

Hi!
Got a question.
If I select some vertices using soft selection, it will also affect geometry that's not connected to selected vertices (see screenshot). Can I change this behavior so that soft selection will only affect connected vertices?

You'd say "do grouping your geometry" but that's not the solution in my case.
3

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Einstein » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi!
I'd have a suggestion for a small feature development.
When doing soft selection we have two options of falloff - linear and cosine. What if we had more options, e.g. "pinchy" fallof shape, as illustrated below, on the left?

I can see such idea was already posted years ago but I dared to bring it anyways, cuz it would be a fantastic improvement of already very good tool!
1

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Einstein wrote:Hi!
Got a question.
If I select some vertices using soft selection, it will also affect geometry that's not connected to selected vertices (see screenshot). Can I change this behavior so that soft selection will only affect connected vertices?

You'd say "do grouping your geometry" but that's not the solution in my case.

Currently soft selection is computed by spatial distance only. I have it on my list to add a "by connected distance" option.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Einstein wrote:Hi!
I'd have a suggestion for a small feature development.
When doing soft selection we have two options of falloff - linear and cosine. What if we had more options, e.g. "pinchy" fallof shape, as illustrated below, on the left?

I can see such idea was already posted years ago but I dared to bring it anyways, cuz it would be a fantastic improvement of already very good tool!

Yes, that is also on the list. something like a pinch and bubble parameter like 3dsmax offer.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby rv1974 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:14 pm

I hope target weld is in that list as well
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

rv1974 wrote:I hope target weld is in that list as well


TargetWeld.gif


This ol' thing? :-P
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby rv1974 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Oops.. I meant welding based distance threshhold
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Like this?

2019-01-09_21h09_37.png
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby rv1974 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 am

Wow morning full of surprises.
Many thanks!
The only thing left to be clarified is when v2019 will be out :)
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:35 pm

rv1974 wrote:The only thing left to be clarified is when v2019 will be out :)

Good question. I'll make a post when I know myself. ;)
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 pm

rv1974 wrote:Wow morning full of surprises.

Btw, Merge Close Vertices is already included in v1: https://evilsoftwareempire.com/vertex-t ... e_vertices
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby rv1974 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 am

thomthom wrote:
rv1974 wrote:The only thing left to be clarified is when v2019 will be out :)

Good question. I'll make a post when I know myself. ;)

If you sit by the river long enough, you will see ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶l̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶ thomthom's post about v2019
0

rv1974 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby pbacot » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 am

Know thyself.
0
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Einstein » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi!
I'd have another suggestion of upgrade. "Make Planar" tool would be more useful if we could specify the plane for selected vertices to be flattened to. For example, set the plane with two vectors, like TIG's Mirror does.
1

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Box » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 am

Einstein wrote:Hi!
I'd have another suggestion of upgrade. "Make Planar" tool would be more useful if we could specify the plane for selected vertices to be flattened to. For example, set the plane with two vectors, like TIG's Mirror does.

Adjust the Gismo to the direction you want then Make Planer.
1
User avatar
Box 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am

Einstein wrote:Hi!
I'd have another suggestion of upgrade. "Make Planar" tool would be more useful if we could specify the plane for selected vertices to be flattened to. For example, set the plane with two vectors, like TIG's Mirror does.

You can also scale to zero for the same effect in the model axis planes.
0
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Einstein » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Wow, scaling to 0 :shock: It is a game-changer I wished SketchUp had for a long time. And only now I realised FredoScale can do it as well.
Curious how many more surprises are hidden in these little buttons :)
1

Einstein 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby Box » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 pm

One of the most frustrating things about teaching is how much students don't learn. Which can be read as hear, see, retain, remember, bother to take in, have any interest in, or simply haven't been exposed to. Amongst others.
Pretty much everything has already been asked, answered and argued over in these forums, much like the rest of the internet you never get to the end of it and there's not much that hasn't already gone before.
2
User avatar
Box 
 

Re: [Plugin][$] Vertex Tools

Postby thomthom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Einstein wrote:Wow, scaling to 0 :shock: It is a game-changer I wished SketchUp had for a long time. And only now I realised FredoScale can do it as well.
Curious how many more surprises are hidden in these little buttons :)

I don't recall if v1 snap to scale 0 - but v2 will for sure. Making it easier.

(I had similar revelation about scaling negative to flip/mirror.)

Box wrote:One of the most frustrating things about teaching is how much students don't learn. Which can be read as hear, see, retain, remember, bother to take in, have any interest in, or simply haven't been exposed to. Amongst others.
Pretty much everything has already been asked, answered and argued over in these forums, much like the rest of the internet you never get to the end of it and there's not much that hasn't already gone before.

Challenge with all the gems in the forums is that they aren't always easy to find. Often they are buried deep in lengthy threads.
2
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
User avatar
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: awaiba333, cokea, ThangPham and 8 guests

Visit our sponsors: