iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

کابر گرامی لطفا برای دستیابی به این انجمن، پس از ورود به سیستم، از طریق کنترل پانل خود
(User control panel),(usergroups)
برای ثبت نام در گروه فارسی زبانان اقدام فرمایید. سپسگذاریم

Moderator: majid

iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

Postby Mike Lucey » Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I think the iPin Pro will be attractive to anyone that completes building surveys. I don't complete as many as I used to which involved two persons a lot of the time. This device eliminates the need for a second person as the user simply takes photos and extrapolates the height, width and length dimensions back at base.

Click image to view animated gif.
d9adbd1a35869d564c61de14f34ac7f0_original.gif

fda52533529f7b0b8697cfb1bc76c80d_original.gif

The iPin Pro attaches to a smartphone magnetically and the better the smartphone's camera resolution the better the results. It can be used as a standalone device also.

44100767f597dcda9b2aa3af27e107f4_original.jpg

The specs are quite impressive,

b19ef7747f8bc7bd6ab97d1f66fa0690_original.jpg

The iPin Pro is a current Kickstarter campaign and pitched at around €68. Anyone interested can check it out here.

Mike
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Re: iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

Postby pbacot » Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 pm

might be good. I've tried a few iPAD apps that don't have an add-on and found them lacking. It's got to be dependable or it's a waste of time. One such app required zeroing in on all the corners of the room. First you had to find an empty room!
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Mike Lucey » Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 pm

pbacot wrote:might be good. I've tried a few iPAD apps that don't have an add-on and found them lacking. It's got to be dependable or it's a waste of time. One such app required zeroing in on all the corners of the room. First you had to find an empty room!

Hi pbacot,

I’ve also tried out a few iPad apps where one has to zero in on the corners. It was a bit clunky and the results were not that great.

I take you point about taking pics with furniture in place. I have asked the campaigner about this and will report back with anything I learn.

Mike
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby jo-ke » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 pm

looks interessting.

Does it also creat an SU file in output?
jo-ke 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby aadbuild » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 am

I purchased a phone that used Project tango, it was cool, unfortunately, google ditched it like a hot potato.... There goes a $1000 dollars arghhh.
I would be interested in giving it a go.
Every building designed can be affordable & buildable, to help we built PlusSpec; VDC & BIM for Sketchup

https://www.plusspec.com
aadbuild 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kaas » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am

I'm also looking for a more modern and easy way to do building surveys.

In my notes I find the IpinPro had some really bad reviews so it wasn't an option for me. I didn't even bother to write down which reviews so better look for yourself. Maybe they have fixed the software by now.

kaas 

Postby billharis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks.

Mike Lucey wrote:Hi Guys,

I think the iPin Pro will be attractive to anyone that completes building surveys. I don't complete as many as I used to which involvedtwo persons a lot of the time. This device eliminates the need for a second person as the user simply takes photos and extrapolates the height, width and length dimensions back at base.

d9adbd1a35869d564c61de14f34ac7f0_original.gif

fda52533529f7b0b8697cfb1bc76c80d_original.gif

The iPin Pro attaches to a smartphone magnetically and the better the smartphone's camera resolution the better the results. It can be used as a standalone device also.

44100767f597dcda9b2aa3af27e107f4_original.jpg

The specs are quite impressive,

b19ef7747f8bc7bd6ab97d1f66fa0690_original.jpg

The iPin Pro is a current Kickstarter campaign and pitched at around €68. Anyone interested can check it out here.

Mike

billharis 

Postby ramyasri123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 am

I didn't even bother to write down which reviews so better look for yourself. Maybe they have fixed the software by now.

ramyasri123 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to فارسی