Final images from real project

General discussion on Thea Render for SketchUp

Moderator: Frederik

Final images from real project

Postby ark » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi guys,
Here my first images from a real project - houses we’re building for renting. So what architecture isn’t financial is :mrgreen:
I know there’s no people, cars and similar stuff... but beside that - how can I make the images more realistic?

F154E35A-2C52-491A-8E83-969CF4A7F9D5.jpeg

CB3CACEF-E463-4AD4-9B01-51D4B4A46CEE.jpeg

62C7A516-0824-4266-B203-0F8396276AA2.jpeg

All comments are welcome - I’m here to learn :enlight:
And a big thanks to Jan Sandström (Pixero) for the hedges :fro:

ark 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Final images from real project

Postby pbacot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 pm

I suspect better textures for the sidewalks, walls and roof might help. The roof is very uniform, if it had some variation in color, some weathering...
Avoid those straight-on shots, and shots with too much road in the foreground. I'd try to get some shadows in the foreground. Some shrubs with color to break up the expanses of green. Looking good though!
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby ark » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 am

pbacot wrote:I suspect better textures for the sidewalks, walls and roof might help. The roof is very uniform, if it had some variation in color, some weathering...
Avoid those straight-on shots, and shots with too much road in the foreground. I'd try to get some shadows in the foreground. Some shrubs with color to break up the expanses of green. Looking good though!

Thanks pbacot! Sounds like some good points and ideas :D

ark 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bob James » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am

Two minor suggestions:
1. Curbing has a concrete extension into the street.
2. Shouldn't there be sidewalks?

And, as you mentioned, some high poly cars parked in the driveways will add realism.
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby L i am » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Ark, a few suggestions

Generally:

The street corners are square they should be radiused or at least truncated

There would be a road reserve, i.e there would be at least 2 3 or 4 meters in from the road kerb. This is called a setback and landscaping (Plants etc) would only start outside the road reserve on private land. The footpath would be in the road reserve maybe on one side, both or not at all. Consider the logic of the hedge against the kerb forcing pedestrians to walk on the road..... unlikely to happen or be approved by Local government.
Following this logic the walls of the house would never be against the road kerb as shown, as that street would also require a setback, usually owned/managed by Local Government or the department of roads and infrastructure.

The setback is normally where the letterbox is.

The road reserve may include turf/grass treatment. Perhaps with symmetrical street trees of same species the unify the street.

Street name signs may help.

Perhaps consider street lighting although this may not be required on a small suburban street, that depend on local regulations

May help to make observations of real world design of suburbia near that location.

Cheers.

L i am 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby rv1974 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:18 pm

there's no need in radiused corners in concentaion camp :enlight:

rv1974 

Postby pbacot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 pm

I forgot street "furnishings" You can find lamp posts, mailboxes, benches, hydrants and things to pick up the realism. Maybe there are fences or walls in the background. I sense you are only looking for so much. Not looking for grime or overhead wires etc. I was only thinking of working with what you are already showing.
MacOSX Mojave ShetchUp Pro v19 Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby ark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Thank you so much guys! You all have some good points a d ideas to make beautiful images :enlight:
I'll try to incorporate them next time :fro:

ark 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Thea