[Plugin] AMS Library 3.6.0h (15 Nov 2018)

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.0.1

Postby Pherim » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Anton_S wrote:Hello Pherim. I tried to reproduce the crash or inconsistent cursor changing behavior with AMS Library 3.0.1, but, similarly to your trial, I couldn't. It is very likely that such bug persisted in version 3.0.0, but not in the current version, 3.0.1. But to be sure, I'll keep an eye on the library.

Hello,

it happened again, now in Sketchup2016, with basically nothing but your plugins installed via Sketchucation tools. I don't know what exactly causes it, but it never happened with AMS Library and Window Settings disabled. I hope you can find the issue and fix it, as I would really like to be able to toggle toolbars and toolbar containers with hotkeys. With SU2016, the new trays which replace the dialog windows can natively be toggled with hotkeys, which is a very good addition in my opinion.

Pherim 

Postby Anton_S » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Thanks for your another report Pherim. I'm trying my best to reproduce that crash. In order to track it down, a little more information that lead to a crash would be appreciated.
  1. Did the crash occurred following a certain operation, like triggering a particular button, shortcut, or command or did the crash occur randomly?
  2. At what time did SU crash, when SU launched or some after it after is launched?
  3. Was the Window Settings dialog open at the time of the crash?

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pherim » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Alright, here's what I got so far:

When I start Sketchup with AMS Lib and Window Settings active, at first everything works fine. As I begin playing around with different tools, both native SU and from extensions, after a short time, tools begin to stay highlighted in the toolbar (only native SU toolbars in SU 2016, as tools in other toolbar are not highlighted at all in this version) even after changing to another tool, and then shortly after SU will crash when right-clicking, mostly on a group or component, I believe, and possibly only with a non-native tool active.

It does not happen with just AMS Lib active and Window Settings disabled in Sketchucation Plugins/Extensions Manager, but as no other plugin depends on it, I guess it could be the cause, as well.

Pherim 

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.1.0

Postby Anton_S » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:51 am

Hello Wikii, I have added a feature to communicate between windows on same computer. See http://www.rubydoc.info/github/AntonSynytsia/AMS-Library/master/AMS/Sketchup#send_user_message-class_method

Pherim, I tried reproducing that crash and I came across it once, but, following similar operations, I couldn't reproduce it again. It seems to occur very rarely. I haven't been able to track the crash down, but I did make small changes and improvements, which could potentially resolve the crash.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pherim » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 am

I'm afraid it still happens... I was just able to reproduce it two times, using only standard tools.

Pherim 

Postby Anton_S » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:14 am

Good! Looks like you know the exact steps to reproduce it. List 'em here, please.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pherim » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:48 am

Well there is not much more to it than I already wrote. I just use various tools, make groups and components and edit them, until the tools begin to stay highlighted in the toolbar - this happens all the time. Then, at some point, it eventually crashes when I right-click, possibly only or at least more often on groups or components. I tried to record a video of the process, but so far, I have not been able to produce a crash while recording. Maybe they are not happening as often now, but they definitely still do.

Pherim 

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.1.1 (Nov 29, 2015)

Postby Anton_S » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello everyone, AMS Library version 3.1.1 has been released. It is important to upgrade to a new version because it addresses a bug fix, which caused spike in performance, which lead to toolbar icons staying highlighted and eventually to a crash. Huge thanks to Pherim for reporting and verifying it. See first post for download links.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pherim » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks again for fixing it!

Pherim 

Postby junaramaro » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:55 am

i think it no longer has a support for xp...it shows some error :| ...sorry i forgot to post some pics...but it really does.i hope some xp users show the error..but i'll post it soon...or maybe its a bug...please dont stop the support for xp unlike microsoft...this is a really great plugin with lots of possibilities.... ;)

junaramaro 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Opps I forgot to test it on Win XP. Ill check it out.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.1.2 (Dec 4, 2015)

Postby Anton_S » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:54 am

Hello, junaramaro, I made it compatible with Windows XP. Thanks for reporting.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.1.2 (Dec 4, 2015)

Postby junaramaro » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:08 am

Thank you so much sir... :D ...i'm updating now. i really love being in this community of loving and thoughtful persons...
thank you again master ...may the force be with you... :lol:

i really think you have to be a jedi to come up with this wonderful things...

junaramaro 

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.1.4 (Feb 06, 2015)

Postby perroloco2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:28 am

Hello
Everytime I try to hide menu bar with AMS Window Settings crash my SU 2016. I´m using AMS Window Settings 4.2.0 and AMS Library 3.1.4
Please help, is really useful optimize my screen when I work on the laptop
Thanks for your greats plugins

perroloco2000 

Postby Anton_S » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Can you downgrade to 3.1.3 and check if the crash still occurs? Here is the download link to 3.1.3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3qg8 ... TZEbVpqdzQ

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby perroloco2000 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:20 am

I had 3.1.3 before, actually I did upgrade to 3.1.4 trying to fix this
Thanks

perroloco2000 

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.2.0 (Feb 28, 2016)

Postby lionk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:42 am

Hi Anton_S, is there an observer to detect whether the trays in sketchup2016 is automatically shown or hidden, and its width and position?

lionk 

Postby Anton_S » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:11 am

Hello lionk,

There is no observer that triggers when dialogs/trays are shown or hidden. There is a way, however, to detect if SU2016 trays are visible.

Consider the following code snippet to get all visible trays:
Code: Select all
# Obtain visible trays
visible_trays = []
AMS::Sketchup.get_visible_dialogs.each { |handle|
  cname = AMS::Window.get_class_name(handle)
  visible_trays << handle if cname =~ /Afx:ControlBar|Afx:MiniFrame/
}
visible_trays

As well as, the following snippet to get all visible trays along with their information, such as title, width, height, and whether its docked or floating:
# Get tray information.
# Afx:ControlBar resembles a docked tray
# Afx:MiniFrame resembles a floating tray
tray_data = {}
AMS::Sketchup.get_visible_dialogs.each { |handle|
  cname = AMS::Window.get_class_name(handle)
  next if cname !~ /Afx:ControlBar|Afx:MiniFrame/
  rect = AMS::Window.get_rect(handle)
  tray_data[handle] = {
    :caption => AMS::Window.get_caption(handle),
    :docked  => cname =~ /Afx:ControlBar/ ? true : false, # docked or floating
    :width   => rect[2] - rect[0],
    :height  => rect[3] - rect[1]
  }
}
tray_data

Anton

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby lionk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:28 am

Thank you!
I want to get the status of trays in auto-hide mode, and its size and position, so I can get the accurate width or height of the view. Because the trays will overlap part of the view.
trays auto-hide.gif

lionk 

Postby atek » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:21 am

i have downloaded the zip file containing a folder and .rb file. How to install the plugin

atek 

Postby herojack » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:10 am

载入文件 C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib/main.rb 时出错
Error: #<RuntimeError: can't modify frozen String>
D:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
D:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib/main.rb:205:in `<top (required)>'
D:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
D:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:47:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:47:in `<module:Lib>'
C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:27:in `<top (required)>'

herojack 

Postby perroloco2000 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 am

hi again Anton
i have new portatil (with fresh windows 10 install)
i´m not able to install AMS library (not 3.2.0. not 3.1.3.). trying with the .rbz by preferencs or extracting .zip in plugins folder same result: crash SU2016 or get the same error as herojack posted
any help will be welcome in the way to use your nice plugins
thanks

Error al cargar archivo C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib/main.rb
Error: #<RuntimeError: can't modify frozen String>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib/main.rb:205:in `<top (required)>'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in `load'
C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:47:in `register_extension'
C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:47:in `<module:Lib>'
C:/Users/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/ams_Lib.rb:27:in `<top (required)>'

perroloco2000 

Postby ying2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 pm

hello Anton_S:
I have a question,if I want to set a dialog,and the WedDialogs are on top one more time,but
sketchup is activated, in other words,like (dlg.show_modal + AMS::Sketchup.activate),what should I do?

ying2014 

Postby Anton_S » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:00 am

@Atek to install the plugin, place ams_lib folder and the ams_lib.rb into the plugins folder.
The plugins folder is located in the following locations:
  • For SU8 and below the plugins folder is located in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google SketchUp [n]\
  • For SU2013 the plugins folder is located in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013\
  • For SU2014+ the plugins folder is located in
    C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 20XY\SketchUp\
I will post these instructions into the main post.

@Perojack, @Perroloco2000 I will look into the error. Thanks for reporting.

@Ying2014 If I understood you correctly you want to activate the dialog. For that there is an existing function, WebDialog.#bring_to_front. Can you elaborate a bit more if I didn't understand your question?

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby ying2014 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:20 am

@Anton_s,I want WebDialog to have been in the front until end of a program ,because I want to make the WebDialog as a mask,I can do something to model which I wan't people to see the process. WebDialog.#bring_to_front can't always in the front。

ying2014 

Re: [Plugin Tool] AMS Library 3.2.1 (Mar 30, 2016)

Postby Anton_S » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 am

Here is the code Ying:
title = "My Dialog"
dlg = UI::WebDialog.new(title)
dlg.show
hwnd = AMS::Sketchup.find_window_by_caption(title)
AMS::Window.set_pos(hwnd, -1, 0,0,0,0, 0x0023) # The -1 here does the trick

Though upgrade to 3.2.1 first as there was a small bug in that function.

@Perojack, @Perroloco2000 I think the error is fixed now. Try the new version.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby ying2014 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:29 am

@Anton_S,thank you very much!It is helpful.

ying2014 

Postby perroloco2000 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:52 am

thanks for answer Anton
AMS Library 3.2.1. is working, no error
But I still have my past problem with AMS Window Settings: everytime i hide menu bar crash SU.
The others functions of the plugin are working but impossible hide menu bar without crash.
please help to optimize my screen

perroloco2000 

Postby Anton_S » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:55 pm

@Perroloco2000 give me a list of plugins your using, a list of shortcuts (Preferences->Shortcuts->Export...), sketchup version, sketchup localization (en, fr, or whatever) and windows version so that I could attempt to reproduce the crash and pin it down on my own machine.

Anton_S 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby perroloco2000 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:00 am

SketchUp Make 2016 16.1.1449 64-bits (spanish). Windows 10 Home 1511 (10586.164)
I have a fresh install of windows 10 (last version) and SketchUp (last version). I still haven´t other plugins, and didn´t modify default shortcuts.
I installed AMS Library 3.2.1. (all works)
I installed AMS Window Settings 4.2.0. all functions works but when I hide menu bar the crash come. Thanks

perroloco2000 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins