[Plugin] Bolt Maker (Final Update 7-Feb-2012)

Re: [Plugin] Bolt Maker (Final Update 7-Feb-2012)

Postby sdmitch » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:55 pm

The file you downloaded, I assume from the Plugin Store, should have been a .rbz file which should be installed using the Window>Preferences>Install Extension.

Yes, if for no other reason, upgrade Sketchup so that you don't have to be an administrator to add a plugin to the plugins folder.
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Pants » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:33 pm

sdmitch wrote:The file you downloaded, I assume from the Plugin Store, should have been a .rbz file ...

b-b-b-but... I got it from your first post, which lists it as an .rb :
ATTACHMENTS
Bolt MakerXII.rb
Bolt Maker XII - The final edition
(22.16 KiB) Downloaded 1165 times

I'm an infrequent user of SU so maybe that's why I never even though to go to the store this time - found your plugin by googling "sketchup bolt plugin" - which of course doesn't necessarily take one to the store, and in my case, brought me to this thread.

ANYWAY - Since I last posted, I downloaded a trial SU2015, copied over most extensions (err...that is, once I found the new plugins folder), including the aforementioned .rb, and indeed, it works...at least once, that is. Thanks for the prods and nudges.

--Dave

Pants 

Postby sdmitch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:45 am

OK. I didn't know that link was still there. Glad to hear that it works in 2015.
Nothing is worthless, it can always be used as a bad example.

http://sdmitch.blogspot.com/
sdmitch 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby TIG » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 am

Always get the RBZ version of any Plugin from the PluginStore [almost all Plugins in the forum have PluginStore listings] - the Plugin has probably been updated - especially with the advent of the newer Ruby and methods with >=v2014.
For this specific Plugin it's http://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=Bolt_Maker

The .RB attached to the first posts of a Plugin's thread is now often out of date, it should be removed by the OP and replaced with a link to the equivalent PluginStore's entry [so it's always linked to the latest version] - but sometimes this gets overlooked...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ptownkid » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 am

I can't get this to work for some reason. I select the parameters and click OK and then it just goes back to being an arrow and does not allow me to pick a point.

Ptownkid 

Postby fotisk » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi, i cant use the " Bolt Maker " because it is not Signed.
how can i fix this?

Thank you.

fotisk 

Postby TIG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:28 pm

fotisk wrote:Hi, i cant use the " Bolt Maker " because it is not Signed.
how can i fix this?

Thank you.
You can install and use any plugin/extension, but you must have your Extension Manager > Loading policy set to be 'Unrestricted'
Then when you restart SketchUp it should still work.
Of course some older code might not work in newer versions of SketchUp... but at least you can try it...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Nick9548 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 am

HI,

I just used the bolt maker to put a bolt through a 'board' (made by push/pulling a rectangle and making it component #1) and then wanted to use solid tools to subtract the bolt to leave a hole where it went through but I got a message that one of the objects was either locked or not a solid. I notice the entity information for the bolt says 'component' not 'solid group'. How can I make the bolt a 'solid group'?

Nick9548 

Postby Dave R » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 pm

The bolts that this extension makes is not solid because of the edges it creates to represent threads.
Screenshot - 10_14_2019 , 6_27_26 AM.png

You can edit the component to remove them or use an extension like Thom Thom's Solid Tools2 or TIG's Solid SOlver to fix it quickly.

The Bolt Maker extension is designed to create the hole automatically if you put it in ungrouped geometry. You could open the component for editing before placing the bolt.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot