[Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.14

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby pibuz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Pascal! I'm an architecture visualizer and I really really think your plugin is wonderful! Finally a serious and versatile tree generator inside SketchUp!
I especially like the "render proxy" feature: extremely useful when working with big and complex scenes.
Speaking of which, I have a little request for you: I work with Indigo Renderer, and it also supports a proxy system to substitute complex models with lighter ones. You only need to apply the suffix "_dummy" to the desired proxy which will be exported and rendered as the original component (eg. "tree" and corresponding proxy "tree_dummy").
So first thing I did was checking the components window and see what happens when I convert one of your trees to a proxy: I saw nothing happens.

The thing I'd like to ask you is if it's possible for you to add an option to save the dummy proxy to the components list, and maybe name it automatically "name"_dummy so that Indigo Renderer can recognize and export the complex tree model without having to re-render it (and make the SU scene heavy).

Thank you very much in advance!
0

pibuz 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ijmccoy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:50 pm

ppoublan wrote:
ijmccoy wrote:is there a guide for it at all?

Not yet, but I'm working on it... will publish it as soon as available.

ijmccoy wrote:whenever i try to render the leaves disapear and ive no idea why, any help would be great


Which render do you use ?

i've made tests with Octane, Thea, Kerkytea. I could try with your render with evaluation version.
I know some issues with the renders I tested but with good results.

yours
Pascal


using vray for sketchup. if i put a single tree in a model on its own it renders with the leaves but in the model ive just added trees to, they all render without leaves
0

ijmccoy 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 am

ijmccoy wrote:using vray for sketchup. if i put a single tree in a model on its own it renders with the leaves but in the model ive just added trees to, they all render without leaves


Hi,
Does this only appears with some trees ? in this case which one ? Could you post one example.
In any case there are two issues I know with many renders :
- incorrect handling of colorized textures
- incorrect handling of UVs textures when material is applied to a parent group, not to the faces.

Here is an example :

uvfix_avant.jpg


I'm not sure if you are in this case, but if you used trees with PNG textures, due to the render error on UVs, leaves may disappear because of the transparency part of their texture is not correctly placed.

So I made a small script to fix it for trees.

uvfix_apres.jpg




Could you test it and let me know if it works in your case.
3darcstudiotools.rbz

install the extension
before rendering : use the menu 3DArcStudio>Tools>Fix Leaves textures...



Yours
Pascal
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:27 am

pibuz wrote:Speaking of which, I have a little request for you: I work with Indigo Renderer, and it also supports a proxy system to substitute complex models with lighter ones. You only need to apply the suffix "_dummy" to the desired proxy which will be exported and rendered as the original component (eg. "tree" and corresponding proxy "tree_dummy").
So first thing I did was checking the components window and see what happens when I convert one of your trees to a proxy: I saw nothing happens.

The thing I'd like to ask you is if it's possible for you to add an option to save the dummy proxy to the components list, and maybe name it automatically "name"_dummy so that Indigo Renderer can recognize and export the complex tree model without having to re-render it (and make the SU scene heavy).



As there is no standard method defined within Sketchup to manage proxies/ghosts, each plugin and render defined its own method. So the problem is they are not designed to interoperate :(

By the way this is maybe a good idea for a future Sketchup version to have a standard proxy/ghost management integrated. Maybe Chriss Fullmer is listening :idea: ?

In this particular case, from what you say, this could be the way to achieve it :
- Create a tree, displayed in full mode
- Add a second tree of the same type
- You will be asked by TreeMaker if you want to add copies of existing tree or create a new component : answer No to create a new component

You now have two trees that looks the same but each has its own component definition.

Take one of them, rename its definition name to “…_dummy”.
You can now convert it to proxy (right click, change to proxy), and let the other one with full draw.
Place some copies of the _dummy in the model
Hide the other one in order for it not being rendered.

Test the render.

Let me know if it works. If yes I can see how to integrate this operation into the code to ease the process.

Yours
Pascal
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Oxer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Pascal,
I use Thea4SU plugin and the problem with the leaves textures exists ( bad UVs leaves in renders) but I have installed the Tools Script and the problem is fixed now. :thumb:

Before Use Fix Tool.jpg


After Use Fix Tool.jpg


Another question, when I create a tree in a blank sketchup file, new components appear in the Componentes Window, see the image below:

New Components.jpg


but when I use Fix Texture Leaves Tool those components disappear, is that correct?
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ijmccoy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 pm

ppoublan wrote:
ijmccoy wrote:using vray for sketchup. if i put a single tree in a model on its own it renders with the leaves but in the model ive just added trees to, they all render without leaves


Hi,
Does this only appears with some trees ? in this case which one ? Could you post one example.
In any case there are two issues I know with many renders :
- incorrect handling of colorized textures
- incorrect handling of UVs textures when material is applied to a parent group, not to the faces.

Here is an example :

uvfix_avant.jpg


I'm not sure if you are in this case, but if you used trees with PNG textures, due to the render error on UVs, leaves may disappear because of the transparency part of their texture is not correctly placed.

So I made a small script to fix it for trees.

uvfix_apres.jpg




Could you test it and let me know if it works in your case.
3darcstudiotools.rbz

install the extension
before rendering : use the menu 3DArcStudio>Tools>Fix Leaves textures...



Yours
Pascal


Tried the above but still coming out the same, really dont understand it as it works if i start a new sketchup file. Its the same for all trees as well not just 1 type
0

ijmccoy 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby pibuz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:00 pm

I tested the tool too, and I confirm that this fixed the error (rendering with Indigo Renderer). In sketchUp - like Oxer - I never had any texture issues, BTW.
0

pibuz 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Oxer wrote:Hi Pascal,
Another question, when I create a tree in a blank sketchup file, new components appear in the Componentes Window, see the image below:
New Components.jpg

but when I use Fix Texture Leaves Tool those components disappear, is that correct?


Hi oxer,

From what I can see I think all these components are created or loaded by LightUp for Sketchup.
I think it adds them to the model when a tree is drawn just bucause this plugin adds model or components or materials observers and add its own component when one of this list is changed.

They disappears because in Tree Maker and I purge unused materials and unused components.

Yours
pascal
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:49 pm

pibuz wrote:I tested the tool too, and I confirm that this fixed the error (rendering with Indigo Renderer). In sketchUp - like Oxer - I never had any texture issues, BTW.

Did you try the proposed method to render proxies with Indigo ? Let me know if it works, so I can see how to make it "scripted automaticaly" into the plugin.
pascal
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm

ijmccoy wrote:it works if i start a new sketchup file. Its the same for all trees as well not just 1 type

Made some tests with vRay without pb. I dont know much about how vray is working. If the problem occurs only on existing SU file, there maybe an issue with cache. Found this option you could try : "Clear folder texture cache"
testvray03.jpg
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Oxer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm

ppoublan wrote:Hi oxer,

From what I can see I think all these components are created or loaded by LightUp for Sketchup.
I think it adds them to the model when a tree is drawn just bucause this plugin adds model or components or materials observers and add its own component when one of this list is changed.

They disappears because in Tree Maker and I purge unused materials and unused components.

Yours
pascal


The the funny thing is that I haven't installed LightUp, for this reason I don't know why these components are created when you place a new tree, perhaps another plugin is the guilty. :?:

EDIT: I have seen in Components Window >Edition the path for these Components --> C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/lightup/components/pointlight-v1.6.skp
I work on Mac and this path in OS X doesn't exist.
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Oxer wrote:The the funny thing is that I haven't installed LightUp, for this reason I don't know why these components are created when you place a new tree, perhaps another plugin is the guilty. :?:

EDIT: I have seen in Components Window >Edition the path for these Components --> C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2014/Tools/lightup/components/pointlight-v1.6.skp
I work on Mac and this path in OS X doesn't exist.


Sketchup UFO mysteries :D
Maybe I left some unpurged components with some leaves components definitions. Need to load all one by one to test...
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Oxer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

ppoublan wrote:Sketchup UFO mysteries :D
Maybe I left some unpurged components with some leaves components definitions. Need to load all one by one to test...

:D Yes, that is the error, leaves components files unpurged :thumb:
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby ppoublan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:25 pm

"never let a bug, Oxer will point it"
Added to the todo list.
0
User avatar
ppoublan 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Oxer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

:D :D :D :D It's my problem I'm very perfectionist. :lol:
See the flower13 it has another layers too.
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Looking for power user to create some 3d trees and plants

Postby Tubeman55 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:12 am

Hi there,
I am looking for a talented power user of 3D Tree Maker who can support me with creating some trees and plants for professional use. I am willing to spend some dollars for your effort.
Please drop me a line if you are intested and give me some background information about you.
0

Tubeman55 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby lema » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:12 pm

Tell me how to make a dense and clipping like this:



Inside the leaves do not want to not load.
0

lema 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby deaneau » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:07 pm

0
MADE, BORN AND LIVING IN BERLIN
Big Thank You to all Programmers
Some German words are so long that they have a perspective. M.Twain
User avatar
deaneau 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby garystan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi everybody :

Is there a Tree Maker plugin for Sketchup 8 ? And where do I get it ? The ones that I DID find are for Collada.

garystan
0

garystan 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby sob80sup81 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:52 am

Hello,

Is this plugin still actively supported by the developer? I purchased a license expecting to get a more comprehensive library of trees and grass but after keying in the license, no change of tree collection from the free version.
0

sob80sup81 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby LOAM » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:19 pm

sob80sup81 wrote:Hello,

Is this plugin still actively supported by the developer? I purchased a license expecting to get a more comprehensive library of trees and grass but after keying in the license, no change of tree collection from the free version.



Would also like to know this as it doest work in SU2017
0
User avatar
LOAM 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Bob James » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:37 am

tree.PNG
0
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
User avatar
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby juju » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:38 am

Bob James wrote:
tree.PNG

works fine here in SU2017 as well
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby LOAM » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

juju wrote:
Bob James wrote:
tree.PNG

works fine here in SU2017 as well



It loads fine as per your image but try the following;

  • Make a tree
  • Reconfigure it, using right click, reconfigure
  • Change tree parameters *
  • Redraw tree using updated parameters **

* You will notice that many of the sliding bars are listed as NaN
** Redraw does nothing after changing any of the parameters :(

1
User avatar
LOAM 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Oxer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Error in Ruby Console to load a tree:
Code: Select all
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `treetemplatename' for nil:NilClass>
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1141:in `webtosu'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1117:in `block in initialize'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1171:in `call'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1171:in `find_support_files'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1171:in `populate'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1137:in `webtosu'
/users/oxer/library/application support/sketchup 2017/sketchup/plugins/3darcstudiotree/3darcstudiotreemain.rbs:1117:in `block in initialize'
SketchUp:1:in `call'


OSX 10.11.6 & SU2017
0
"The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Oxer 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby LOAM » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:00 pm

I've had an email back from ppoublan to say he is hoping to get this fixed in the new year.
0
User avatar
LOAM 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby karllarsen » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 am

LOAM wrote:
juju wrote:
Bob James wrote:
tree.PNG

works fine here in SU2017 as well



It loads fine as per your image but try the following;

  • Make a tree
  • Reconfigure it, using right click, reconfigure
  • Change tree parameters *
  • Redraw tree using updated parameters **

* You will notice that many of the sliding bars are listed as NaN
** Redraw does nothing after changing any of the parameters :(



I am having the exact same problem.
0
Less is more.

karllarsen 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Jorgensen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 pm

has anyone got this to work with su2017?

thanks
jorgensen
0
sketchup pro 2016 16.1.1449 64 bit | windows 10 pro | i7-3770k @3.5 GHz | 16gb ram | gtx 780 ti / gtx 980 ti | nvidia driver 368.39

Jorgensen 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby karllarsen » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 am

It sure would be nice to know if this will ever work or its just a lost-cause?
0
Less is more.

karllarsen 
 

Re: [Plugin] 3D Tree Maker - New version 1.10.11

Postby Dave R » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:51 am

karllarsen wrote:It sure would be nice to know if this will ever work or its just a lost-cause?


I don't really have a need for it but I just installed it now because of your post. It seems to work fine for me. It makes trees like it says on the box.
Screenshot - 2_10_2017 , 6_47_08 PM.png
0
%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
User avatar
Dave R 
Global Moderator
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

PreviousNext


 

Return to Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Bot, luffy-greece, mpaplow, mpc3291955, multitabs, shawmmm, tamachan and 11 guests

Visit our sponsors: