Best of Google Earth model edits

Best of Google Earth model edits

Postby modelhead » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:49 pm

Can someone tell me if they have had experience modifying/repairing models that are in the "Best of Google" layer? Can they be repaired and replaced from the original file or do they need to be reviewed again by Google?

modelhead 

Re: Best of Google Earth model edits

Postby Gaieus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:05 am

You can modify your existing model and reload it without Google even noticing it. Jim Foltz posted a way of entering the "mid number" of the presently uploaded model into the ruby console and uploading the modified model that way.

It was posted on the Free GGroups a while ago: here is the link to the post.
I'd suggest you to try it out with a "less valuable" model first because ever since I have seen complaining Jim about some Warehouse issues...
Gaieus 

Postby modelhead » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks Gai but the models in question are in the "Best of Google" Layer which I am sure I can't get at using normal methods. I was hoping someone here had some experience with this. I'm a bit surprised that it would not be more common. I am anxious to determine why the models changed when they where moved into that layer and how they can be fixed.
Cheers!

modelhead 

Postby Gaieus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Aha, then it means that those models are already on the constant 3D Layer in GE!
I didn't even know they were changing the models... What changes are there anyway? There is an isue that images (photos) lose quality after the upload but other than that I now about nothing else.

Maybe ask Craig - for a while he used to be a quality controller (or what) of uploaded material and he could be of more help maybe.
Gaieus 

Postby modelhead » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Yes, I am a bit unsure about trying to edit and reload. My guess is that my original model can be modified and put back in the warehouse but it will not effect the copy in the permanent layer. Maybe Craig will come accross this thread and explain....thanks Gai.

modelhead 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Google Earth