Single monitor mode

Single monitor mode

Postby Mike Amos » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:48 am

Well, mostly rebuilding model and texture collections but threw this together to try a few out.

Fun is being had but I realise how spoiled I was with a dual monitor setup. The sofa is not floating but someone sold the legs from under it, or something.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Single monitor mode

Postby Bryan K » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 am

Not a leg to stand on! :lol:

Nice render though. Hope you get a second monitor soon! I can remember when all I had was the 15" laptop years ago. Finally got two monitors about 4 years ago. I really couldn't afford it, but the price unbeatable.
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:50 am

I started changing a few things to experiment. New sofa with a few new materials and a change of view. The large blank wall should have a screen or some kind of artwork, possibly in front of a screen.

The distre4ssed plaster is a good tecture but starting to get old quite quickly and I'm not sure I could live with it over a long term.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:47 am

Excellent render!

I struggle with materials as well when decorating. Well, not exactly struggle, but I do have to do a lot experimenting before I make a final render. And sometimes it's good and sometimes I look back at it months or years later and ask myself what was I thinking. :lol:
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 pm

Ta mate, as much as I like interesting textures that one just does not work, perhaps as a build render or mood wall component.

I changed to my usual off white and got, the light render usually called architectural, I know, me...

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 am

Nice! Brighter and friendlier! And just adding the TV as wall decor, looks good too!

LOL, which reminds me, I asked my significant other about my newest bathroom render and she said it was too cold looking. She didn't like the colors scheme. :lol: :lol:
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:58 pm

Last time I showed my ex a render she suggested new glasses. Hmmm.

I have tried a different framing method, a view from a shelf in a book case.

Little things can hugely impact light levels.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Nice! That straight up looks like a photo! :thumb:
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:37 pm

Thanks mate slightly disappointed by the light reflection on the floor. I have reduced the hdri to 50% to account for the time of day required.

I need to find a method to reduce the brightness here or it looks out of place.

I have still not zero'd on on the right replacement for the old girl just yet so acquired some more RAM from Hamazon. This and a new cpu fan will go in over the next few days. 32GB as opposed to 16GB. I am asking the guys at Twiglet render but if anyone here has a solution to the light issue, chime in please.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:04 pm

I think I have gone as far as I can with the artefact. The only way I can see to change this is via a composite image. Pain in the chariot.

I made sure that I reduced the sun strength, in this case to .5% which is still not right. Full night outside but light (Moon)? on the floor and not in the window? I have to look at another hdri to see where I go with this if anywhere.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:28 am

Mike, if those are skylights, that reflection is normal.

Sunlight is BRIGHT!

Looking great! Glad to hear about the coming PC upgrades!
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby L i am » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 pm

Are they skylights?

L i am 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Amos » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Skylights no, normal windows./ The Sketchup sun has been reduced to .5% which is very low indeed but the hdri may be confusing the issue. Low RAM right now so that too could confuse the issue.

It has been interesting though.

Working on a three lobed building with a central triangular access turret in the centre. Interestin, working out the access and utility aspects.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bryan K » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Ah. I see it now. Thanks. :thumb:
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine