Export Scene with Scene Title?  Topic is solved

Export Scene with Scene Title?

Postby monsterzero » Tue May 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone!
I searched for something like this but failed to find it in Trimble/SUcation extension managers.

What I'm looking for is a way to export all my "included in animation" scenes as images and name each image with the name I've given it in the scene settings. I don't need an animation/transition between scenes, I just need single images.

This seems like an extension that someone would have made already. It would be incredibly helpful, especially with a file with a lot of scenes.

Thanks for everyone's help!
monsterzero
My New Twitch Stream!
https://www.twitch.tv/infinitestorylab
infinitemachine.com
monsterzero 

Re: Export Scene with Scene Title?

Postby pilou » Tue May 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Maybe SU4you Export Scenes (not tested)
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby juju » Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm

monsterzero wrote:Hi Everyone!
I searched for something like this but failed to find it in Trimble/SUcation extension managers.

What I'm looking for is a way to export all my "included in animation" scenes as images and name each image with the name I've given it in the scene settings. I don't need an animation/transition between scenes, I just need single images.

This seems like an extension that someone would have made already. It would be incredibly helpful, especially with a file with a lot of scenes.

Thanks for everyone's help!

:: OFF TOPIC ::

@monsterzero!! It's good to see you're still around man.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Export Scene with Scene Title?  Topic is solved

Postby renderiza » Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi, I developed an extension called CompoScene which can be found in the following link.
https://www.sketchupcode.com/product-page/composcene

The exported scene will be named as follow If the name of the SketchUp model is '3dmodel' and you have these scenes:
  • first_scene
  • another_scene
  • this_scene

Then CompoScene will save the images like this:
  • 3dmodel_first_scene.png
  • 3dmodel_another_scene.png
  • 3dmodel_this_scene.png

Note: Maybe for a future update, it will be nice to name the scenes without the SketchUp file name.
renderiza 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby monsterzero » Thu May 21, 2020 9:26 pm

@renderiza this is exactly what I am looking for! I love this community. Sorry, I haven't been around. You know, life and career moves.

One thing is for certain, I'm working on SU until I finish this project, so I'll be here for a while, looking for help and sharing as much as I can.

Thanks again @renderiza!

J
monsterzero
My New Twitch Stream!
infinitemachine.com
monsterzero 

Postby monsterzero » Tue May 26, 2020 1:07 am

Hi @renderiza,
So I downloaded a trial and I'm checking out how CompoScene works. It's actually way more than what I initially asked for, and even better. It might actually make me stay in Sketchup for final rendering rather than moving everything to blender. I'm still considering my options.

The challenge I have with the way CompoScene works is that I have a lot of scenes in a file and I'd like to render out (with various layer options) and I could do without the step of creating each layer into individual scenes. I'd like to just go straight to exporting the render layers as PNGs. In my SU projects, I can have anywhere from 5 to 50 scenes that I might want to export as PNGs. Plus, they would all need multiple layer options (line, shadow, clay etc).

Any way to do that?

Also any way to export a set of selected scenes?

These are the limits I am hitting as I dig deeper into the prototyping stages of my interactive graphic novel. I will have thousands of renders to make.

Thanks for any and all answers and help!

Justin
monsterzero
My New Twitch Stream!
infinitemachine.com
monsterzero 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions