[Inquiry] Scale up or down using Ruby Console

[Inquiry] Scale up or down using Ruby Console

Postby onzki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 am

Hi everyone! I need help on scaling my newly exported objects (from Rhino*). The conventional method is to select all, then scale (i type in the number). But this can get problematic when model is huge- so can you direct me please how to input these in ruby console:

1. Select all
2. scale X .001

Thanks a lot!

*reason is the bug in Sketchup part when opening Rhino exported models (Rhino to Sketchup)- Sketchup will always read it like x1000. So I need to rescale down to .001 to bring it back to proper mm scale.

[/hr]Dell Precision T5600. SKU 2018 Pro. AutoCAD 2013. Landscape design firm. Hong Kong

onzki 

Re: [Inquiry] Scale up or down using Ruby Console

Postby Pixero » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 am

Have you tried changing the scale of imported objects. from mm to m for example.
From experience I know that scaling imported geometry can lead to strange things later on so its best to get the import right from the beginning.
IF you import something at the wrong scale it can be good to use a script that scales the definition. (Can't remember the name of it but you'll probably find it by searching for scale definition.)
That resets the scale of the scaled-down object to 1.
Pixero 

Re: [Inquiry] Scale up or down using Ruby Console

Postby onzki » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:32 am

Pixero wrote:Have you tried changing the scale of imported objects. from mm to m for example.
From experience I know that scaling imported geometry can lead to strange things later on so its best to get the import right from the beginning.
IF you import something at the wrong scale it can be good to use a script that scales the definition. (Can't remember the name of it but you'll probably find it by searching for scale definition.)
That resets the scale of the scaled-down object to 1.

Thanks! I will look for and try those plugin you mentioned. Cheers!

[/hr]Dell Precision T5600. SKU 2018 Pro. AutoCAD 2013. Landscape design firm. Hong Kong

onzki 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions