Fredo Plugins Not Working...Please Help!

Fredo Plugins Not Working...Please Help!

Postby steelers05 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello,

Last week, out of nowhere, all of my fredo plugins (round corner, tools on surface, fredoscale, etc) stopped working. The toolbars are visible but nothing works when I click on the icons to start using the plugins. I have been workingn with our IT company to come up with a solution, but we have not had success...We uninstalled and re-installed sketchup 2016 and 2018 several times, as well as, all of the plugins. We rolled back a windows update to a time last week when these were still working and it still did not work. I have been using these plugins for years and never seen this sort of problem. I have been working in 2016 (havent had the chance to update all of my plugins to be able to migrate to 2018), but when I noticed the problem in 2016, I decided to upgrade everything to 2018 and still had the same problem. These tools are essential to my workflow and I am at a loss at this point.

I have all of the proper plugin updates and the toolbars are there, but they just dont seem to want to activate when I click on them. If there is anyone else that has had this problem and that could suggest a potential solution, please let me know...I will be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,

Adam

steelers05 

Re: Fredo Plugins Not Working...Please Help!

Postby jmolmedo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Hello,

one year later... I have the same problem.
Did you get it fixed? I would appreciate any help. I'm desperate.

jmolmedo 

Postby TIG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Please list the Fredo Plugins that don't work as you expect.

Have you also installed the latest LibFredo ?
Remember that it is needed for almost all of Fredo's tools to work properly.

Have you restarted SketchUp to ensure everything you've installed gets synced properly ?

If you try to use any of these Fredo tools with the Ruby Console open do you see any error messages ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby jmolmedo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:59 am

Hello TIG,I solved! Thanks for your help!

Looking at the Ruby Console I could see the problem and solve it by following these other forum posts:

viewtopic.php?f=323&t=20485&start=675
viewtopic.php?f=323&t=61213

This was the error message from Ruby Console on my desktop:

Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - C:/Users/PcCom/AppData/Local/LIBFREDO6_DATA_Dir/LibFredo6_all_defaults.dat>

I change write and read permissions of the entire %appdata% folder (it was not enough to increase permissions in the SketchUp's Plugins folder) and the problem was "easily" solved.

Thanks for your help and kindness.

jmolmedo 

Postby TIG » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:14 pm

It sounds like you might have installed incorrectly.
You can try a repair to avoid future issues - this can be very subtle and hard to track down !
Whilst logged in as your normal Windows user, ensure SketchUp is closed.
Find the SketchUp installer exe file - probably in your Downloads folder ?
Select its icon.
Right-click > context-menu > "Run as administrator"
When prompted choose "Repair".

It should not affect any installed plugins etc...

If you install any complex app in any other way [e.g. by double-clicking the exe to Run it] your face the risk of incorrect permissions being set for all kinds of odd files and subfolders.
A 'Repair' should do no harm.
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby adorian » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 pm

The same thing happens to me, this is what I get in ruby.
What can I do?

Error: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - C:/Users/Adorian/AppData/Local/LIBFREDO6_DATA_Dir/LibFredo6_all_defaults.dat>
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:144:in `initialize'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:144:in `open'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:144:in `write_to_file'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6registry.rbe:127:in `store'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1282:in `usage_use'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1270:in `command_invoke'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6plugin.rbe:1253:in `block (2 levels) in build_config_commands'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6traductor.rbe:1348:in `call'
c:/users/adorian/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2016/sketchup/plugins/fredo6_!libfredo6/lib6traductor.rbe:1348:in `block in add_command'
SketchUp:1:in `call'

adorian 

Postby TIG » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Have you tried doing the 'Repair' to SketchUp's installation, as explained earlier ?
If not, then try it and see if that helps...

Note that sometimes correcting SketchUp's installation using the Repair can still leave some extensions' subfolders with faulty permissions.
The reported folder...
C:/Users/Adorian/AppData/Local/LIBFREDO6_DATA_Dir
might be one of them...

Try deleting that folder and its contents.
It is hidden by default but pasting the path into a Windows Explorer windows address bar should still get you there - or change Folder-Options to shown hidden files/folders...

After that, when SketchUp restarts and Fredo's tools run that folder and its contents will be recreated - this time with the permissions set up properly...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions