Sketchup Icon Viewer

Sketchup Icon Viewer

Postby Matte » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:41 am

Good Day,
Over the years I have created an extensive Library of things to cut and paste into my models. It's large enough to the point to where I am having problems picking the "right" part in a timely manner. For example when I want to add a table light to a scene. Style is very important.... When I “open the folder” that I have all my table lights in… there is “70 or 80” to choose from. The way I input a “Light” now is insert them one by one till I find something suitable. What I would like to know…. Is there some form of an Icon viewer where when I open the folder in windows with many Sketchup items in there… I see what they are without having to open them up one by one till I find something usable.
Thanks Matte
Matte 

Re: Sketchup Icon Viewer

Postby Rich O Brien » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:24 pm

https://www.mootools.com/en/software/3dbrowser

This is only app I know of that has support for .SKP files in Windows Explorer type environment. It also has a robust tagging system to catalogue your files.

I would trial before buying though. It's not for everyone.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Re: Sketchup Icon Viewer

Postby juju » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:27 am

Matte wrote:Good Day,
Over the years I have created an extensive Library of things to cut and paste into my models. It's large enough to the point to where I am having problems picking the "right" part in a timely manner. For example when I want to add a table light to a scene. Style is very important.... When I “open the folder” that I have all my table lights in… there is “70 or 80” to choose from. The way I input a “Light” now is insert them one by one till I find something suitable. What I would like to know…. Is there some form of an Icon viewer where when I open the folder in windows with many Sketchup items in there… I see what they are without having to open them up one by one till I find something usable.
Thanks Matte

Also worth checking out Component Finder.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions