Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby Rich O Brien » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 am

Lumion just announced 8.3 with a very clever SketchUp extension that syncs the SketchUp model with Lumion as you make changes.



There's more info here...

https://sketchucation.com/all-news/2049 ... r-sketchup
0
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
User avatar
Rich O Brien 
Administrator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby pilou » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Next step will be the modeling inside Lumion! ;)
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby juju » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

o_O

3000 Euro for the Pro version...

but I have to say the Live Sync looks very tempting, all they need to do now and build in photometric rendering and reporting capabilities and I'll make a frikkin plan somehow
1
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby solo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm

I must say this is one software I'd give my left ball for (at my age I do not need both) too bad I cannot sell a nut for the price they are asking. I guess I'll stick with version 6.5 until I win the lottery.
4
www.solos-art.com

I'm a social vegan, I avoid meet.
User avatar
solo 
Global Moderator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby srx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 am

In Local Feudalism people were producing value from the land, but could not buy the land.
In Global VR Feudalism they are producing value from the software, but can not buy the software. :) They can only rent it...some of them.
2
www.saurus.rs
User avatar
srx 
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby pbacot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 am

srx wrote:In Local Feudalism people were producing value from the land, but could not buy the land.
In Global VR Feudalism they are producing value from the software, but can not buy the software. :) They can only rent it...some of them.

So if I own the software, Pete can be my serf?
2
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby JQL » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am

It's expensive but good... Is it worth it? I think so! Did I buy it? I think not!

If the right moment arises I will.
0
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby Pixero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am

JQL wrote:If the right moment arises I will.

I say, if the right money arises I will. :lol: ;)
1
User avatar
Pixero 
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby srx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:30 am

pbacot wrote:So if I own the software, Pete can be my serf?

Could be if you are Autodesk, Adobe...My guess is that in 10-20 years from now no ordinary man will own a peace of software...except the old versions.
0
www.saurus.rs
User avatar
srx 
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby pilou » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 pm

I am not sure that owners of money have artistic talent!
I am not sure that owners of artistic talent have money !
World is not well built! :mrgreen:
1
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby srx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:07 pm

pilou wrote:I am not sure that owners of money have artistic talent!
I am not sure that owners of artistic talent have money !
World is not well built! :mrgreen:


A smart man once wrote that during good times in history the power and culture were close. During decadent times they were far away.
Our time is interesting because for the first time culture people are surfs.
They now have contradictory name - Freelancers.
0
www.saurus.rs
User avatar
srx 
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby pbacot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm

srx wrote:
pilou wrote:I am not sure that owners of money have artistic talent!
I am not sure that owners of artistic talent have money !
World is not well built! :mrgreen:


A smart man once wrote that during good times in history the power and culture were close. During decadent times they were far away.
Our time is interesting because for the first time culture people are surfs.
They now have contradictory name - Freelancers.


You may be onto something here. The same extreme imbalance in wealth that existed in the late Roman period led to the feudal system of the dark ages, according to some historians.

Also removing public support (our taxes) from the arts and sciences. Many scientists also now work as "independent contractors" aka "freelancers"

Off topic, YES. Lumion's fault? NO. Just conversing...
1
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby JQL » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 am

That feudalism was based on these things: war, power, money and leisure.

Romans who had power, dedicated to leisure and paid other people to do war for them. Those mercenaries got successful and got promoted into power.

And a successful predemocratic culture gave birth to a powerful war culture.

Culture is always there but in certain contexts, certain forms of culture are more valid than others.

The culture of leisure is everywhere in our society and employs a lot of freelancers.

The culture of war is hidden away from society's eyes but it's still there and very present. I wonder how long will we be able to keep it away.
1
User avatar
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: Lumion 8.3 with LiveSync

Postby pbacot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 am

JQL wrote:That feudalism was based on these things: war, power, money and leisure.

Romans who had power, dedicated to leisure and paid other people to do war for them. Those mercenaries got successful and got promoted into power.

And a successful predemocratic culture gave birth to a powerful war culture.

Culture is always there but in certain contexts, certain forms of culture are more valid than others.

The culture of leisure is everywhere in our society and employs a lot of freelancers.

The culture of war is hidden away from society's eyes but it's still there and very present. I wonder how long will we be able to keep it away.


I've heard some other factors to the "fall" of the empire if not feudalism: failure to assimilate (that is fully accept and empower) tribes who were doing the warring/security for the rich Romans in the end, and intolerance in general. Sound familiar?
0
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
User avatar
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to Extensions & Applications Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Visit our sponsors: