Re: How can i attach a Flash (Swf) video to my posts

Postby MALAISE » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:20 am

:thumb: :thumb:
MALAISE
La Connaissance n'a de valeur que partagée
MALAISE 

Postby simon le bon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Thank you Susan and Malaise. It's always a pleasure to meet people on our own thread. I see Malaise talking around in SCF since a long time. Dear (queen) Susan i didn't saw you until today, please welcome on this board.

for today, just a little reminder.

how to maintain the proportions of a rectangle, or in another way how to maintain the ratio ?

The so famous and so useful in daylife "Cross-multiplication" is the solution. ( In french we say: "la règle de trois")

In our case,

Width >> (for) height

a >> (for) b

Our purpose: if width=x , height y=?

solution: cross-multiplication

a >> b
x >> y
cross-multiplication:
a*y=x*b => y=x*b/a

exemple a=640 >> b=480

if x=320 >> y=320*480/640=240

(Re) in this particular case, 640/2=320 and it's easy to find that 480/2=240 ;-)

(re2) 640/480= 320/240= 4/3= 1,33333 )

> No more mathematics for now, we need simple.

in video we manage only two formats:

SD is in 4/3 ex 640x480
HD is in 16/9 ex 1280x720

4/3

4/3=1,333 ; 3/4=0,75

so if:
x=a>>y= a*0,75 ------(x= 640 > y=640*0,75=480)
y=b>>x= b*1,33 ------(y= 480 > y=480*1,333=639,84)

16/9

16/9= 1,77 ; 9/16= 0,56

so if:
x=a>>y= a*0,56----(x=1280 > y=1280*0,56=716,8)
y=b>>x= b*1,77----(y=720 > y=720*1,77=1274,4)

Re: we can consider these results as acceptable approximations

:-)simon
Last edited by simon le bon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon le bon 

Postby simon le bon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 am

For today i am interested on video quality comparison between various hosts services.

The shooting is mine, taken in front of my Kitchen early in the morning. Maybe it's not the better exemple for comparison, no way, i like it!
I don't know why there is often a problem to load viddler screen inside a mixed videos display ? When i put it alone on a post it works very well; with perhaps the best quality. >> So i put others one on the next post

Viddler
simon le bon 

Postby simon le bon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:53 am

Google video

YouTube

Photobucket

For me, Viddler and Photobucket are better picture quality (Vimeo also good but difficulties to load the videos)
-Youtube have lost Adobe premiere express editing options, but still have developped notes, sounds and so on.
-Photobucket still deployed Adobe premiere express for (nearly basic) editing options
-Viddler has developped an interesting system to add video comments along the strip (good word?). And also, Upload is not bad because time saving. we need just to stay the time for uploading the file. Encoding is done after: a mail can be sent to annonce the achievement.

:-)simonlebon
Last edited by simon le bon on Thu May 07, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simon le bon 

Postby Gaieus » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:22 am

See, Simon, it's always good to have a topic like this around:
viewtopic.php?f=271&t=16729&p=132404#p132404
;)
Gaieus 

Postby simon le bon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi everybody, probably my last post on this thread (but who knows)..

Well nothing really new Here. I have just found in mind that it would be cool to link up full screen video with displayed video rather than an single picture as i did in a previous post.

exemple taken from Speed Modelling Challenge #6 Castles

and kwistenbiebel's work that i'm completely fan

The idea:
[url=http://www.mysite.com/before&_src_link][flash=x,y]http://www.mysite.com/complete_src_link[/flash][/url]

Youtube embeded link
Code: Select all
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4&hl=fr&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4&hl=fr&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

src= link to Flash:
http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4&hl=fr&fs=1

src= link to full screen:
http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4

full code:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4][flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/YEFW9eP7_F4&hl=fr&fs=1[/flash][/url]

Works ! (just clic on the below blue line)

Not bad But full screen isn't in high quality (as far as i can see, Youtube doesn't give a way to watch full screen in the best quality)

best regards :-)simonlebon
simon le bon 

Postby simon le bon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Oups dear Gaieus! Sorry, i hadn't seen your last post occupied as i was whith the last mine.

I'm very happy my little work can help some threads like ARSights the only way to really express themselves: by videos.
Thanks to mention it :thumb: simon
simon le bon 

Postby simon le bon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:13 pm

And a much simpler way for a common use:
.. Thank You Ecuadorian.
Easy way to embed Youtube video in SketchUcation by Ecuadorian :|

To summarize the idea:
Ecuadorian wrote:All you have to do is replace "XXXXX" with the Youtube ID of your video in these templates:

For most videos:
[flash=500,405]http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXX[/flash]
../..
The Youtube ID of your video is very easy to spot.
It's everything between watch?v= and &.

:thumb: :thumb: simon.
simon le bon 

Postby simon le bon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Good improvement (taken from kirill): It is possible to embed a set of several videos with the same link using YOUTUBE. !!!
"and arrange them the way you want"

You just need a Youtube account (but who haven't one ? :roflmao: )

->You have to open a new Playlist, and fill it with the set of videos you want to share (not necessarily yours).
After what you have to embed it in SCF with the famous "SRC" link.. Very simple :thumb: :thumb:

the result:
[flash=500,405]http://www.youtube.com/p/30B1B7B5C383740E&amp;hl=fr&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"[/flash]

;-)simonlebon
Last edited by simon le bon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon le bon 

Postby Gaieus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Ha! This is cool, thanks! :thumb:
Gaieus 

Postby simon le bon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:21 pm

;) :thumb: Gaï,
----------------- zigmünd
simon le bon 

Postby KXI System » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 am

OMG IT WORKED! :berserk:
Getting the perfect sig is hard...

Google it!

KXI System 

Postby simon le bon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:16 am

Hi KXI System,

Beautiful video you are showing.
I'm glad if this study can be useful.
I have to mention that YouTube video quality had grown a lot since my previous tests. Tell me if I'm wrong but I think it is now the best quality we can find.

Time passing this thread is becoming a grabbing box for Youtube services.

Today I would like mention PWN YouTube for who wants to download YouTube videos in flv or in plain MP4 quality

;) simon
Last edited by simon le bon on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon le bon 

Postby Chris Fullmer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 am

I have been having great luck with YouTube keeping my full resolution of videos when I record them at their recommended sizes. My text is very sharp and readable, which is a must for my (rather boring) ruby plugin tutorials I've been doing. So I'd also have to agree that YouTube quality has greatly improved.

Chris

PS I refer to this thread often.
Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
All my Plugins I've written
Chris Fullmer 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Postby Gaieus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 am

simon le bon wrote:...Today I would like mention PWN YouTube for who want to download YouTube videos in flv or in plain MP4 quality...

Though I understand that people sometimes want (need) to download YT videos for various reasons (generally not connected to the Internet, being in a country that blocks YT etc) however the Terms Of Service of YouTube explicitly prohibits this so everyone do it on their own risk and responsibility:

TOS 4/C wrote:You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

TOS 5/B wrote:[...] You shall not copy or download any User Submission unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the YouTube Website for that User Submission.

:roll:
Gaieus 

Postby KXI System » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:25 am

Gaieus wrote:
simon le bon wrote:...Today I would like mention PWN YouTube for who want to download YouTube videos in flv or in plain MP4 quality...

Though I understand that people sometimes want (need) to download YT videos for various reasons (generally not connected to the Internet, being in a country that blocks YT etc) however the Terms Of Service of YouTube explicitly prohibits this so everyone do it on their own risk and responsibility:

TOS 4/C wrote:You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or YouTube Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Website itself, the YouTube Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

TOS 5/B wrote:[...] You shall not copy or download any User Submission unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the YouTube Website for that User Submission.

:roll:

Hacking is illegal yet people still do that too :roll:
Rules are made to be broken :roll:

Google it!

KXI System 

Postby simon le bon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:16 pm

:!: :?: So it is probably not legal to embed Youtube videos here, into our SCF forums!!

And about PWNYOUTUBE:
Gaieus wrote:/..Though I understand that people sometimes want (need) to download YT videos for various reasons ../.. however the Terms Of Service of YouTube explicitly prohibits this../

I have found that"pwn" is not a very fair word!
I have made a small search on the legality of PwnYoutube site: Deturl.com and have found nothing significant..
But dear Gaieus, you are probably right. May be I can remove this link from my previous post. What do you think about?

:? Simon
simon le bon 

Postby Gaieus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 pm

simon le bon wrote: :!: :?: So it is probably not legal to embed Youtube videos here, into our SCF forums!!

OK, I should have added the bold to the following words, too:

I have found that"pwn" is not a very fair word!
I have made a small search on the legality of PwnYoutube site: Deturl.com and have found nothing significant..

Sorry Simon, I do not geth this.

But dear Gaieus, you are probably right. May be I can remove this link from my previous post. What do you think about?

Well, I hope it won't cause any problem... :)
Gaieus 

Postby charly2008 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi,

I do not know if I have understood everything correctly. Until now I have not yet uploaded videos. So I can, for example, a video, a tutorial not upload as a file from my PC. That means I have to upload the video at first to a hoster like Youtube. Then I can incorporate it into my post. Is that correct?

Karlheinz
He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing
charly2008 

Postby jeff hammond » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm

correct.. upload it elsewhere then use the flash tags to embed it here.
dotdotdot
jeff hammond 
Global Moderator

Postby charly2008 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks Jeff.
charly2008 

Postby KXI System » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:21 am

Hey, since I want to embed this, but the thing is its not a video but still a flash. If someone kindly tell me as simple as possible to embed this properly into our forms.
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="420" height="320"><param name="movie" value="http://www.letsmix.com/content/flash/player/letsmixplayer.1.5.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="mixID=28807&format=Big&autoStart=0" /><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.letsmix.com/content/flash/player/letsmixplayer.1.5.swf" width="420" height="315"><param name="flashvars" value="mixID=28807&format=Big&autoStart=0" /></object></object><p><a href="http://www.letsmix.com/mix/28807/beats_in_a_bowl" target="_blank">Beats In A Bowl</a> from <a href="http://www.letsmix.com/houseflakes" target="_blank">HouseFlakes</a> at <a href="http://www.letsmix.com" target="_blank">Letsmix.com</a>.</p>

Google it!

KXI System 

Postby Gaieus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Not everything can be embedded with these simply bbcodes we have. What you copied is a complete set of html codes with different values here and there but most importantly not in a single string (a unique URL) that could be added inside the [flash] tags.

The URL does not give the ID of the movie (or whatever) just embeds the player itself:
[flash=420,320]http://www.letsmix.com/content/flash/player/letsmixplayer.1.5.swf[/flash]

and without the ID itself (which is located elsewhere and called by the thml codes):
<param ... mixID=28807&format=Big&autoStart=0" />

it gives the error message:
Gaieus 

Postby KXI System » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks Gai, lesson learned.

Google it!

KXI System 

Postby charly2008 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi Gaieus,

This is my first test in order to insert a video from youtube.

Thanks to the help of "TIG" it just works fine.

Charly
Last edited by charly2008 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
charly2008 

Postby TIG » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Like this

[flash=560,349]http://www.youtube.com/v/_E9nRhk3lmE[/flash]
Note how the size is set in the [flash=...], there is no src= or wrapping "", you change the path to include the /v/ not /embed/... and 'fullframe' etc don't work...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby charly2008 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi TIG,

thank you very much

Charly
charly2008 

Postby tspco » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:13 am

Umm, I just copied the code in Tig's last thread, substituted my video size in place of his, and put my link where his was, all I got was white box, no video, buttons or anything in it.
Using his code as copied exactly I saw the video and buttons etc, as posted in the prior message. So either I missed something or my alteration of his code wasn't right.
A simple solution would be real handy. Like inserting the YouTube embed code between URL tags, and it would work perfectly.
SU make 2017, /Twilight Render Hobby
Windows 10,64 bit,16GB ram, quad core Athlon 3.6 gHz proc. Anything else you want to know, ask me.

tspco 

Postby Gaieus » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:39 am

In case you are trying to embed YT videos, make sure to get the "old code" as what they are offering as default now is an iFrame embed which does not work here (mainly for security reasons)
Gaieus 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Next

Return to Old