3D Warehouse

The ideal place for beginners to get help using SketchUp

3D Warehouse

Postby edwin_folk » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:38 am

Hello SKU community,

I am not a noob but have a question about the 3D Warehouse. Is it no longer available for versions before 2019? I was able to access it a few weeks ago but now cannot even login to Trimble. Just wondering if it is orphaned and I need to update (ugh).

Any info would be nice since the Trimble/Google page doesn't seem to be helping.

Working with MacOS and SKU 2018.

Thanks

edwin_folk 

Re: 3D Warehouse

Postby Dave R » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:59 am

Recently there was a change to Chromium which is used to display the 3D Warehouse page when you access it through SketchUp. I know that for 2017 this change renders the 3D Warehouse page inoperable. I'm not certain if 2018 is affected the same way but it likely may be. Here's a statement from a SketchUp staff member regarding 2017, anyway. Currently the same options for accessing the 3D Warehouse would apply to SU2018. It might be safe to assume that SketchUp 2018 is suffering the same fate as 2017 and may not get any updates since it is now more than 3 years out of support.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby Bryan K » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 am

I've just tested it and it seems to be working.

However, it was not working for several weeks, for me as well.

My guess is that they were making changes on their side and it's now finished. But it was not working up to just last week.

I use 2017 Make. Win 10. I can access it through "Components" search and able to log in as well.

So whatever was going on, it now seems to be fixed.
Bryan K 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:56 am

There was another change to Chromium and it did start working again. It wouldn't surprise me if some future change to Chromium does break it permanently for SU2017 and 2018, though. Let's hope it's a long way out, though.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot