SketchyPhysics3.1

Moderator: CPhillips

Re: SketchyPhysics3.1

Postby daniele_rossi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 pm

I have the same problem running SketchyPhysics3.2 on sketchup 7 and Mac OSX 10.5.8 on Intel Core 2 Duo:

Error Loading File sketchyphysics.rb
dlopen(/Users/dr/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL_Special.dylib, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/dr/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL_Special.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

daniele_rossi 

Postby jgb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I can't tell you how happy I am to see SP upgraded. :sketchstatic:

I've avoided SP for some time because I simply could not climb the learning curve (that's ME, not SP!) then got too busy with too many other things to get back. Still too busy, but in a few weeks I WILL load SP 3.1 and get back to it.

Now a cupla questions based on ...... what Andy1347 said (in part)

After rebuilding my plug-ins folder, I have determined the culprit causing the conflict is a ruby called 'singleton' in a folder called 'ruby'. As near as I can tell, it is used with Jim Foltz's 'autocenterpoint'.

With that one file removed, SketchyPhysics seems to load and run just fine.

:?: Is there any logic to the ORDER in which SU loads RUBY scripts?
:?: Does it matter (and in the case above, it seems too)?
:?: Is there any practical way to control loading order, if required?

Postby mickeyao » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:22 pm

I get a message: Error Loading File sketchyphysics.rb
undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'

Am I missing any files? Thanks!

mickeyao 

Postby TIG » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am

That error [undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'] is from a standard RUBY installation [singleton.rb] - where it might be called by several other standard modules/classes/methods - BUT as far as I know it has nothing to do with the SketchUp version if Ruby OR SketchyPhysics itself. Do you have other 'Ruby files' loading, that aren't standard Plugin scripts ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby munkey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 pm

mickeyao wrote:I get a message: Error Loading File sketchyphysics.rb
undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'

I get the same error. :/

munkey 

Postby TIG » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 pm

I suggest you PM CPhillips about it... he's the author :?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby ROBIND » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:40 pm

hello,
I want a free software that would allow me to record my video made ​​after SketchyPhysics in order to watch them out of sketchup.
Thank you.

ROBIND 

Postby pilou » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby ROBIND » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Ok but for MacOSX. I'm sorry...

ROBIND 

Postby d.o. durant » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Chris, great work on SP. Love it! I hope I am not missing anything prior to writing this. When I click the Win3.2 version, I get the save file dialog with a 3.1 title. After running the installation, my animation tells me, upper left corner, SP 3.2 required. I guess the install isn't taking well, or....? TIA
DOD

d.o. durant 

Postby ocoromon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Any developers working on the SketchyPhysics Project should either update it's status, or mark it as Dead.
The current update rate is not a proffesional way to leave such things.

ocoromon 

Postby Squelch_ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Does anyone know the current status of SP?

According to Google Code, the source repository no longer exists, so it leaves it nigh on impossible to pick up where Chris left off - if it has indeed been abandoned - Does anyone have a link to an alternative location of the source (preferably a repository) please?

Is there anyone else interested in continuing development of this excellent addition to Sketchup?

Squelch_ 

Postby pilou » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Frenchy Pilou
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Squelch_ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 am

Pilou wrote:http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics/ ?

Thanks, but that repository only contains documentation, not code. Was the code ever published?

Squelch_ 

Postby pilou » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:02 am

I read that on the page above on the last line
Source code for the plugin is in the install.
;)
Frenchy Pilou
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Squelch_ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I see that now, thank you.

I'd rather hoped to see a history of revisions to understand the rationale behind some of the changes and inclusions, but I'll continue to trawl through the scripts making notes given the lack of inline comments.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Squelch_ 

Postby ashscott » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:04 am

I'd love to help in some way with the furtherance of SP but I have only just begun to learn Ruby let alone everything else that is required.

If I can help in any way I will. Personally I think SP could be a commercially viable product with a good polishing - anyone ever see any code for SP4? If its as good as it sounded I would pay for it.

Has Chris totally dropped the SP project now? The whole thing is a testament to Chris' brilliance and I feel I have missed out to have not got seriously involved until now.
Just some stuff I do with Sketchup.
ashscott 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kmlkarablt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 am

CPhillips wrote:Here is the long awaited new version of SP. Hopefully this version will be much more stable under SU8.

http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics/downloads/list

Check out the Release Notes for changes:
http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics ... seNotes3_1

All the scripted events and commands. This list will get fleshed out over time.
http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics ... tFunctions

Mac version, more docs and examples to follow....

Updated Oct 7 2010
Changes:
http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics/wiki/SP31Oct7

Hi,
i am a beginner and i don't know where to put event codes in sketchup. By the way are they for win or mac? Thank you

kmlkarablt 

Postby chri » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 pm

hi kmlkarablt
Please , look at theses links

https://sites.google.com/site/sketchyph ... orial/home

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46796

and in the wharehouse

bye

chri
chri 

Postby kmlkarablt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

chri wrote:hi kmlkarablt
Please , look at theses links

https://sites.google.com/site/sketchyph ... orial/home

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46796

and in the wharehouse

bye

chri

Thank you.

kmlkarablt 

Bridge Physics Plugin

Postby bisbeejim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:41 am

I want to be able to build and test bridges that support (and collapse) under load tests. I am really miffed as to where to start. Would you help me get started. I don't know ruby but I'm a little versed in C++. BTW, sketchy physics is really cool. Thanks.

bisbeejim 

Postby gregol » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am

ashscott wrote:I'd love to help in some way with the furtherance of SP but I have only just begun to learn Ruby let alone everything else that is required.

If I can help in any way I will. Personally I think SP could be a commercially viable product with a good polishing - anyone ever see any code for SP4? If its as good as it sounded I would pay for it.

Has Chris totally dropped the SP project now? The whole thing is a testament to Chris' brilliance and I feel I have missed out to have not got seriously involved until now.

:enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight:

I support your desire to bring SP4 to the community !!!
Maybe a Kickstarter campaign could send a message and bring more power to the cause !!!

:enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight: :enlight:

gregol 

Postby ashscott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:02 am

Kickstarter could be cool - would require the people that know the code to get on board though - even if they allow running of fundraising initiatives to be delegated to us, we still need them to code it.

What do you think Chris? - Several free versions of SP up to 3 point whatever and then a robust, powerful paid version 4.0?

I'd certainly buy it and I would be happy to put administrative work into making it happen
ashscott 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jgb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Kickstarting SP has been "kicked" around for some time now, but never got anywhere.

To resurrect SP into a V4 is NOT a trivial task, and perhaps that is part of the reason Chris has dropped out of sight.

I'm all for having a V3.x or V4 up and running, but I can't see this happening with a collaborative mode. If the work is distributed amongst several Ruby magicians, and for whatever reason one drops out or falls well behind plan, the game is lost. There is no real incentive to keep going.

Besides, there is a real and fully functional plug-in available called SimFonia. I played with it when it first came out, but got side tracked with other stuff so never mastered it.... but some day that will happen.

However, should a collaborative SP revision gets going, I am quite willing to provide my skills in planning and coordination to keep the project on track.

It would also be "nice" if Chris were on the team, even if only in an advisory/consultative capacity.

Postby ashscott » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 am

Simfonia has a small part of it that handles physics simulations called "Bullet" physics which I would say has about one tenth of the power for physical simulations that SP has. Simfonia has a lot of other things but SP is an entirely different beast - an awesome one at that.
PS - I have a paid Simfonia license and love it
ashscott 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jgb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:21 pm

ashscott wrote:Simfonia has a small part of it that handles physics simulations called "Bullet" physics which I would say has about one tenth of the power for physical simulations that SP has. Simfonia has a lot of other things but SP is an entirely different beast - an awesome one at that.
PS - I have a paid Simfonia license and love it

Which is one of the reasons I was not enamored with SimFonia. That and the screen real estate the multiple dialog boxes took, aside from their amateurish layouts.

But as you said, it has some other worthy attributes.

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to SketchyPhysics