SketchyPhysics3.1

Moderator: CPhillips

Re: SketchyPhysics3.1

Postby shareck » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi. Can somebody tell me how to use the camera function? is it possible to achieve the same thing as with the lazy script where you have a box with a camera "attached" to its centre?

shareck 

Postby willeykj » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 pm

reddoor wrote:Hi,

Just having a little trouble loading this new version on Sketchup 8 Macintosh 10.5.8

I get this error on startup:

Error Loading File sketchyphysics.rb
dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm the developer of the Mac Port of SP3. Are you running on a Mac or a Hackintosh? Which CPU (has to be INTEL).

This may be a case of the build being unique to 10.6 but I'm trying to dig in.

Kevin

willeykj 

Postby willeykj » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:01 am

willeykj wrote:

Just having a little trouble loading this new version on Sketchup 8 Macintosh 10.5.8

I get this error on startup:

dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 8/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm the developer of the Mac Port of SP3. Are you running on a Mac or a Hackintosh? Which CPU (has to be INTEL).

This may be a case of the build being unique to 10.6 but I'm trying to dig in.

Kevin

Just got done working with Chris.
The Mac port requires shared libraries for SDL to work just like the PC version.
The libraries I generated for Chris last week had unintended linkages to a version of SDL I had installed on my machine.
Therefore, if you didn't have SDL installed the libraries in the SketchyPhysics directory didn't work which was the cause of Reddoor's error.

SP 3.1 uses the standard SDL library as well as the SDL_mixer extension for audio. On the PC these are 2 separate shared libraries. On the Mac, it didn't seem to make sense to have SDL_mixer statically linked to the complete SDL library if the SDL shared library was going to be needed anyway. All complicated by the fact that the SP3.1 plugin folder isn't a library load directory. SOOOO.....

I've compiled a new "SDL_Special.dylib" which has the necessary object code from SDL and SDL_mixer merged. This file is undergoing testing as I type and everything looks good so far. I hope to deliver to Chris later tonight and we'll get past this hiccup with the Mac version

Thanks for your patience.

Kevin

willeykj 

Postby CPhillips » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:37 am

I have the updated Mac files now and will release a new version in a few days.

Thanks Kevin!!

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby reddoor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks Guys for all your hard work on the code. We Mac users really appreciate it!

All my students thank you also.

Reddoor
Hong Kong

reddoor 

Postby hpnisse » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Hello CPhilips! (or someone else).
How can I use Velocity & Torque in sketchyphysics 3.1?
Is it something with, get the speed of a physics joint (hinge/motor for example)?
Some examples or something will be appreciate.
Its from this website that you named in this post I find it, but no instructions how to use them.
http://code.google.com/p/sketchyphysics/wiki/ScriptFunctions

/hpnisse
/hpnisse
Windows 7 U - Sketchup 8 - SketchyPhysics 3.2-Dec2 - from Sweden

hpnisse 

Postby CPhillips » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 am

setVelocity takes a vector that is the direction the object will be moving and the length of the vector is how fast. It is different from push because it actually sets the objects velocity rather than just try to push it.

setTorque does the same thing with the objects rotation.

I updated the script page on the wiki.

Example attached

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby hpnisse » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Hey!
Thanks for fast answer, is it possible to "getTorque/velocity" to know if something is moving in any direction.
And get the speed of an object, if I will do a speed/RPM -meter?
/hpnisse
/hpnisse
Windows 7 U - Sketchup 8 - SketchyPhysics 3.2-Dec2 - from Sweden

hpnisse 

Postby reddoor » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there was any news about the updated, "fixed", mac version?

I was looking around and I didn't see any new files

Thanks

reddoor 

Postby Wacov » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Just wondering if there was any news about the updated, "fixed", mac version?

I was looking around and I didn't see any new files

Thanks

Try:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32200&p=284163#p284163

Wacov 

Postby CPhillips » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

Yeah 3.2 should work on Mac. I'll do a zip file for it tonight.

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby ROVAP » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Am I being stupid but could someone put a link directly to the latest MAC version of SP 3.1 or 3.2 what ever is latest. I often read the forums and see Mac version coming then the next posts are of people trying to get Mac version to work. However I never see the link or if there is one it takes you to a PC exe file.

Thanks in advance. :shock:

ROVAP 

Postby solodown » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm

dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib, 9): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sdl/SDL.dylib: unknown required load command 0x80000022

:cry: :cry: :cry:

solodown 

Postby cljohnston108 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 am

ROVAP wrote:Am I being stupid but could someone put a link directly to the latest MAC version of SP 3.1 or 3.2 what ever is latest. I often read the forums and see Mac version coming then the next posts are of people trying to get Mac version to work. However I never see the link or if there is one it takes you to a PC exe file.

Thanks in advance. :shock:

Good question. I tried downloading SketchyPhysics3RC1-MacAndWin-Fixed.zip off the Wiki front page, but the newest files in there are dated March 26, 2009, so I figured that can't be right.

cljohnston108 

Postby CPhillips » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

Sorry for the late reply. Mac will be supported in the next version. It was supposed to be out last week but I found some problems and havent had a chance to fix them. It should be in a few days.

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby cljohnston108 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 am

CPhillips wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Mac will be supported in the next version. It was supposed to be out last week but I found some problems and havent had a chance to fix them. It should be in a few days.

Coolness! Looking forward to it!

cljohnston108 

Postby Davidfi1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:21 am

Guys
Could you please "STICK" this final version on the top of the forum?

Thank you all very much.

Good work!
:sketchstatic:
David.

Davidfi1 

Postby arjunmax09 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:58 pm

where can i get tutorial for sketchyphysics...maybe a pdf file...??
when you fail at something....you haven't really failed...you've found one way the thing will not work out

arjunmax09 
Banned

Postby cljohnston108 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:43 pm

CPhillips wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Mac will be supported in the next version. It was supposed to be out last week but I found some problems and havent had a chance to fix them. It should be in a few days.

Any progress?

cljohnston108 

Postby dorritos » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:49 am

cljohnston108 wrote:

Any progress?

How 'bout now? :D

dorritos 

Postby CPhillips » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:15 am

Sorry, I know I am late with the new version. I have been real busy.

I'll work on this week but no promises.

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby loolytoo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:40 pm

I downloaded the newest version of sketchy physics and installed it. I have sketchup pro 8. When sketch up starts i get the following message

undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'

then when i try to download and use a sketchy physics model from wharehouse, they dont work and i get the following message.

Error starting the simulation:uninitialized constant. msketchyphysics 3::SP3xSimulationContext::SP Sounds C:/PROGRA~1/google/GOOGLE~3/plugins/sketchyphysics3/controller commands. Rb:777:in 'initialize'

can anyone help me with how i sort this out?

Lucy

loolytoo 

Postby CPhillips » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 am

I have never seen that error before. Best guess something went wrong with the new Midi sound support. What version of windows are you using? Do you have any thing unusual about your sound setup?

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby andy1347 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 am

Hi,

I get the exact same error as Loolytoo above. The only apparent difference is I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and SU7. I have tried reinstalling SketchyPhysics. When I run a sample model, the Ruby console shows this;

Checking if dueForUpdate
String doesn't compile: uninitialized constant MSketchyPhysics3::SP3xSimulationContext::SPSounds#<NameError: uninitialized constant MSketchyPhysics3::SP3xSimulationContext::SPSounds>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/ControllerCommands.rb:777:in `initialize'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:727:in `new'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:727:in `initialize'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1623:in `new'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1623:in `startphysics'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1650:in `physicsTogglePlay'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1738
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1737:in `call'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SKMtools/image_class.rb:946

Had I made this model myself, I would say it is operator error, but that is not the case.
Could someone shed some light on how to either solve this or work around it so I could try my hand at using this plug-in?

Thanks,

Andy

andy1347 

Postby CPhillips » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:37 am

64 bit might be the problem. It looks like the scripts are not loading properly so the bug is probably happening before the error you submitted.

Try this:
Load Sketchup
Open the ruby console under the windows menu.
Then type this:
Code: Select all
load('sketchyphysics.rb')

It will probably print an error. If so send it to me and I can track it down.

Thanks
Chris

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby andy1347 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 am

Hi Chris,

I did as you suggested (I hope).

After disabling Sketchyphysics from the plug-in menu, restarting SU and entering the statement, I got this;

load('sketchyphysics.rb')
true

If I then restart sketchyphysics from the plug-in menu, the console gives this;

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/hinge.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/slider.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/servo.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/piston.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/motor.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/gyro.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/fixed.png
createSelectionObserver
PhysicsObjectInspector initialized
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Tools
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/ruby
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/JimFoltz
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/Podium
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SuTool/rb/
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SuTool/ro/
loading scripts version:45
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:124: warning: already initialized constant FirstInstanceCall
Error: #<NameError: undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:166:in `undef_method'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:166
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/driver_registry.rb:17:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/driver_registry.rb:17
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator.rb:29:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator.rb:29
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midi.rb:6:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midi.rb:6
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:33:in `load'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:33:in `LoadSketchyPhysics3'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:61:in `doLoad'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:43:in `setLoadVersion'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:93
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:93:in `call'

If I then load a model and try to run it, I get the error reported a couple of posts above "....777.." and the console gives this;

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/hinge.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/slider.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/servo.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/piston.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/motor.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/gyro.png

C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/Images/fixed.png
createSelectionObserver
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/ruby
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/JimFoltz
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/Podium
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SuTool/rb/
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SuTool/ro/
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:124: warning: already initialized constant FirstInstanceCall
Error: #<NameError: undefined method `extend_object' for `Singleton'>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:166:in `undef_method'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/singleton.rb:166
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/driver_registry.rb:17:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/driver_registry.rb:17
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator.rb:29:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midiator/lib/midiator/midiator.rb:29
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midi.rb:6:in `require'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/midi.rb:6
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:33:in `load'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:33:in `LoadSketchyPhysics3'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:61:in `doLoad'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:43:in `setLoadVersion'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:93
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/sketchyphysics.rb:93:in `call'
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SKMtools/image_class.rb:946:in `onOpenModel'
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SKMtools/image_class.rb:946:in `onOpenModel'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SKMtools/image_class.rb:946
open model#<Sketchup::Model:0x106577f0>
createSelectionObserver
Checking if dueForUpdate
String doesn't compile: uninitialized constant MSketchyPhysics3::SP3xSimulationContext::SPSounds#<NameError: uninitialized constant MSketchyPhysics3::SP3xSimulationContext::SPSounds>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/ControllerCommands.rb:777:in `initialize'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:727:in `new'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:727:in `initialize'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1623:in `new'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1623:in `startphysics'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1650:in `physicsTogglePlay'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1738
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/SketchyPhysics3/sketchyphysicstool.rb:1737:in `call'

I'm not sure that will be much help, but thank you and let me know what you would like me to try next.

Andy

andy1347 

Postby CPhillips » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am

Hmmmmm. It isnt obvious what the problem is from the log. But I dont think its a 64 bit problem.

It might be a plugin conflict. Would you mind testing that?

Copy your plugins directory so you can restore it after testing.
Then get rid of everything but:
SketchyPhysics.rb
SketchySolids.rb
win32api.so
SketchyPhysics3\ <-directory.

Then try again with the ruby console method.

Thanks for helping track this down!

Chris

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby andy1347 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 am

Ok-we are making progress!

When I do as you suggested and start SU, I get the following:

undefined method `file_loaded?' for main:Object

But, once I clear this and start SU, I can load sketchyphysics through the console and run the model. At this point, the console gives this:

createSelectionObserver
true

I'm guessing this second part is normal because after this I can run the model. I will spend some time this weekend loading plugins one at a time until I hit the error and then report back.

Thanks for your help and this nifty script. I am happy to help as I am mostly an observer here with little opportunity to contribute.

Andy

andy1347 

Postby TIG » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:19 pm

undefined method `file_loaded?' for main:Object

Suggests that 'sketchup.rb' isn't loaded at that point.
At the very start of 'sketchyphysics.rb' add the line
require 'sketchup.rb'
that should fix at least that one error - then hopefully the consequential ones too...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby andy1347 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 am

TIG nailed the first part of the problem with his suggested fix.

After rebuilding my plug-ins folder, I have determined the culprit causing the conflict is a ruby called 'singleton' in a folder called 'ruby'. As near as I can tell, it is used with Jim Foltz's 'autocenterpoint'.

With that one file removed, SketchyPhysics seems to load and run just fine. I hope this helps and look forward to a fix.

Thanks to both of you for your help with this.

Andy

andy1347 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to SketchyPhysics