[Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Moderator: CPhillips

[Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:07 am

Off-Topic:
This plugin has been quarantined
.

Big changes in this release are emitters, keyboard support, lots of error checking, and a better organized UI.

http://sketchyphysics2.googlecode.com/f ... b-Mar8.exe

I'll make separate posts for the new features. Post general questions and bugs in this thread.

Changes:

Changed version to beta. No 3dwarehouse restrictions.
Added emitters as a body property. FUN!
Added more error checking on the simulation and formulas.
Better handling of critical errors when the simulation is running.
Should be much more stable now and will get even more stable as I get reports of errors.
Added keyboard support with key("space") functions.
Made joystick explicit with joy("lefty") functions.
Made joystick buttons explicit with joybutton("a") functions.
Removed some of the short names from the controller fields. a,b,x,y,rightx,righty,leftx,lefty, remain but may be removed.
Added interface code to SketchyReplay to allow renders to call an export.
BUG SketchyReplay doesnt recognize emitted objects.
Updated installer to include the mscvr71.dll file.
Cleaned up the UI
-Added properties section
-Added boarders around sections
-Layout fixes.
-Formula boxes are now blueish.
-Some work on getting blur working on Mac. No luck yet.
Added bulk "auto freeze" options to right click menu.
Fixed bug in formulas with space and $
Added every(number) keyword.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby phy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 am

Hurray the beta is out thanks Cpillips
0
Have A Good Day! ;)

phy 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby pilou » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:43 am

We must erase the V2 before install this one?
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby phy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:26 pm

no you don't need to erase sketchyphysics 2 to install sketchyphysics 3
0
Have A Good Day! ;)

phy 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby pilou » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:21 pm

THX
0
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
User avatar
pilou 
Top SketchUcator
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby Conor » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Fantastic, as always. Keep it up!
0

Conor 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby =Mr Planet= » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Erm.... I have a problem, the program says that you need to be an administrator to install this, well, i AM the administrator!
0
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

=Mr Planet= 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Weird. Did you have any trouble with the last one? It should be the same installer.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby =Mr Planet= » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:01 pm

No problem with the last one, maybe it's just the parallels system i use.
0
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

=Mr Planet= 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm

What OS and version of Sketchup are you using. It might have to do with the fact that I now include a msvc.dll.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby MALAISE » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 pm

:ecstatic: , really more and more efficient...
Thanks :thumb:
MALAISE
0
La Connaissance n'a de valeur que partagée
User avatar
MALAISE 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby =Mr Planet= » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 pm

I use OS X 10, and i use SU 7 Pro.
0
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

=Mr Planet= 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Its probably the .DLL. Is anyone else having the same problem?
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby •BTM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 am

mac version posting how soon? Days?
0

•BTM 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby snoxie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Yes, Mac Beta?
0

snoxie 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby cray » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

I loaded sketchyphysics 3 beta and the help window displays I have version 2.0b1 loaded. Is this correct or did my install go bad?
0

cray 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Mac Beta, probably about a week.

And I forgot to change the version in the About box so it still says 2.0b1.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby •BTM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:45 pm

....So is it okay to post my alpha models now, even without Beta? :)
0

•BTM 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Yes. But you may want to change the watermark text so people don't get uppity.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby NorviewsVeteran » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am

I'm having trouble with a rear differential, it seems that you can't have gears connected to each other when their hinges are in the same group. When I run the simulation, the gears don't mesh, and when I go to end the sim, it creates a bug splat. Is something wrong or am I doing it wrong?
0
Code: Select all
//This_Is_All(I)+=Know()About.Code;

NorviewsVeteran 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby cray » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 pm

CPhillips wrote:Big changes in this release are emitters, keyboard support, lots of error checking, and a better organized UI.

http://sketchyphysics2.googlecode.com/f ... b-Mar8.exe

I'll make separate posts for the new features. Post general questions and bugs in this thread.

Changes:

Changed version to beta. No 3dwarehouse restrictions.
Added emitters as a body property. FUN!
Added more error checking on the simulation and formulas.
Better handling of critical errors when the simulation is running.
Should be much more stable now and will get even more stable as I get reports of errors.
Added keyboard support with key("space") functions.
Made joystick explicit with joy("lefty") functions.
Made joystick buttons explicit with joybutton("a") functions.
Removed some of the short names from the controller fields. a,b,x,y,rightx,righty,leftx,lefty, remain but may be removed.
Added interface code to SketchyReplay to allow renders to call an export.
BUG SketchyReplay doesnt recognize emitted objects.
Updated installer to include the mscvr71.dll file.
Cleaned up the UI
-Added properties section
-Added boarders around sections
-Layout fixes.
-Formula boxes are now blueish.
-Some work on getting blur working on Mac. No luck yet.
Added bulk "auto freeze" options to right click menu.
Fixed bug in formulas with space and $
Added every(number) keyword.


Is there a list of what controller fields are available? I have a logitech ATTACK 3 and it works with joy("lefty") and joy("leftx"). I want to assign the slider on the joystick. In old version of sketchyphysics it seemed to recognize it as rightx.
0

cray 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby cray » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm

I tried other scripts and found joyRY is mapped to the Logitech ATTACK3 slider so I am running now. However if a list exists of the possible controls script variables/inputs, or a snippet of the source code, please point me to it. Thanks.
0

cray 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 am

NorviewsVeteran wrote:I'm having trouble with a rear differential, it seems that you can't have gears connected to each other when their hinges are in the same group. When I run the simulation, the gears don't mesh, and when I go to end the sim, it creates a bug splat. Is something wrong or am I doing it wrong?


Post the model and I'll take a look.
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby CPhillips » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:05 am

cray wrote:Is there a list of what controller fields are available? I have a logitech ATTACK 3 and it works with joy("lefty") and joy("leftx"). I want to assign the slider on the joystick. In old version of sketchyphysics it seemed to recognize it as rightx.


No final list yet. But

rightx,righty,leftx,lefty,joyLX,joyLY,joyRX,joyRY

will continue to work for joystick and keyboard emulation until at least SPIV.

The joystick button shortcuts:
a,b,x,y

work now. But I may remove them if I do a 3.x release. Those names (a,b,x,y) are just too common.

To be future proof use the new syntax instead.

joy("leftx")
and
joybutton("a")
0

CPhillips 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby NorviewsVeteran » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 am

0
Code: Select all
//This_Is_All(I)+=Know()About.Code;

NorviewsVeteran 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby phy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:23 am

NorviewsVeteran wrote:I'm having trouble with a rear differential, it seems that you can't have gears connected to each other when their hinges are in the same group. When I run the simulation, the gears don't mesh, and when I go to end the sim, it creates a bug splat. Is something wrong or am I doing it wrong?


you can try grouping the hinges with the wheels instead of each other
0
Have A Good Day! ;)

phy 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby NorviewsVeteran » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 am

That's a good idea, and after trying it a few times, still no luck.
0

NorviewsVeteran 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby phy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:30 am

this is what i came up with see if it is what you want
0
Have A Good Day! ;)

phy 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby phy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:32 am

I grouped the motor with the one wheel you tell me of it is what you want
0
Have A Good Day! ;)

phy 
 

Re: [Plugin]SketchyPhysics3 beta.

Postby NorviewsVeteran » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:17 pm

That's not really working though- if you lift it up and set it to static, just the wheel with the motor turns, everything else just kind of chills.
0
Code: Select all
//This_Is_All(I)+=Know()About.Code;

NorviewsVeteran 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Next


 

Return to SketchyPhysics

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Visit our sponsors: