Extension Store - latest version

To access these forums when logged in, please, sign up to the respective User Group in your User Control Panel.

Re: Extension Store - latest version

Postby RicME85 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:13 pm

Done a fresh OS install so to Sketchup plus Sketchucation Store and every time I install a plugin I get asked about the autoinstall folder. Should it not take what I choose and never ask again?

RicME85 

Postby TIG » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:19 pm

I assume you mean the Plugins folder chosen for the auto-install feature within SketchUcation's ExtensionStore³ dialog.
You only get that choice if you have other Extensions installed elsewhere - e.g. some extensions or probably a renderer in the ProgramData tree, or you have set up alternative plugins folders using Fredo's tool...
You will be asked at each usage, as it assumes you have alternative folders set up for a reason...
Otherwise you are not asked and the default Plugins folder is used...
The native installer only uses that folder...
Always take the default Plugins folder unless you want something else...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Edson » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:v4.2.9 released which addresses some small usability items :oops:

Hi Rich,

Where is 4.2.9 for download? The version I got right now from the Sketchucation site is 4.2.6. I tried to install it thinking I had downloaded the latest version but after doing it through the Extension Manager all I got is 4.2.6.

I am on Mac.

Thanks.
edson mahfuz, architect | porto alegre • brasil
http://www.mahfuz.arq.br
Edson 
Global Moderator

Postby Edson » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Following the post above: should I uninstall v4.2.6 before installing the latest version?

I checked all the versions I have in my HD and the one I downloaded today came as Sketchucation 2, not as Sketchucation 4.2.9.
Edson 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:56 pm

Something is obviously wrong.
The latest version is v4.2.9
This should report in the SketchUp Extension Manager and show on the to of the ExtensionStore³ dialog.

To see what you have installed use the Ruby Console and type SCF::VERSION and see what's returned... it should be => "4.2.9"
There should be no need to uninstall any earlier version as the installation overwrites everything.
An initial uninstall does no harm...
But you do need to restart SketchUp to see the version changes etc, which sync at startup...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Edson » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:07 pm

Please see the attached screenshots: the Ruby console, what says at the EW and the info about the file I downloaded today.

Thanks.
Edson 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:13 pm

You did NOT do what I said. :?
It was SCF::VERSION
ALL text is in capitals and there are two :
The v4.2.6 the version of SketchUp Tools reported is certainly out of date any way.
Try reinstalling it from a freshly downloaded v4.2.9 RBZ and then restart SketchUp to see what's reported.
Last edited by TIG on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited without reason on 18/07/2022
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Edson » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:58 pm

Sorry, idid not know it made such a difference. Restarting Sketchup did the trick! Thanks.

Screen Shot 4.png
Edson 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Other Languages