FlexTools: descriptive drawing for parameters

Discussions for FlexTools - Responsive Sketchup Modeling

FlexTools: descriptive drawing for parameters

Postby optimaforever » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi again,

THis is a generic request but is it possible to have a small drawing quickly explaining the different parameters and where the offsets are taken exactly? The official Flex website are often outdated as you keep adding new parameters or behaviours and I end up forgetting how to use some parameters.

1001bit pro is very explanatory for example (well, sometimes it's buggy too as Goh hasn't updated for a long time)... A small bitmap embedded inside the dynamic component parameters window would be very cool.

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: FlexTools: descriptive drawing for parameters

Postby halroach » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 pm

I plan to update instructions on a new website, though it will take a while. It might be faster if I find someone to help? Any volunteers? ;)

Having a drawing inside the DC options window isn't possible currently, since that's part of the DC plugin - I can't make changes there. Maybe a shortcut to instructions somewhere... kinda like the getting started guide...?
halroach 

Postby Bob James » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:33 am

have a small drawing quickly explaining the different parameters and where the offsets are taken exactly

Maybe a shortcut to instructions somewhere

This is absolutely necessary. I've spent hours doing trial-and-error trying to figure out what each of the parameters relates to.
i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60
Bob James 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Ben Ritter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 am

I would affirm the request. When looking at the component attributes, how is does one know what A), B), etc. refer to.

A great plugin, but some tutorials would be helpful.

Thanks.

Ben Ritter 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to FlexTools