FlexTools is released!

Discussions for FlexTools - Responsive Sketchup Modeling

FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm

flextools-released-1600.jpg


FlexTools released! :D

Happy to announce the release of FlexTools

FlexTools is the next generation of the Sketchup Flex dynamic components you may already be familiar with. FlexWindow, FlexDoor, FlexSlat and now a new FlexTrapezoid (more components on the way).

This is the best place to write your questions, impressions, anything that's on your mind!
(this post will be updated with more info...)

Check it out:
FlexTools.cc



0
Last edited by halroach on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released! (not beta anymore)

Postby juju » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm

I bought my licence for FlexPack moments after the e-mail notification, thank you. Now to start playing with it...
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: FlexTools is released! (not beta anymore)

Postby juju » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi FlexTools team (and Yoni)!

I quickly tried out the new tools, but seem to be getting something wrong, cutter units are not cutting to the depth specified. See pics below.

FlexTools 01.JPG


FlexTools 02.JPG


I double checked to set the cutting depth the same as the wall, but it only cuts the one face. Tried recalc as well, made no difference. I have Cutting DC's enabled. What gives?

Also, how do I set the door frame sizing? I looked at it very quickly, so may have missed it.

One other strange thing, inserting the windows and louvres the origin is set to the bottom? I've never placed units with this origin, any way we can get choices for top (middle / left / right)?
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: FlexTools is released! (not beta anymore)

Postby halroach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Juju :)

juju wrote:Hi FlexTools team (and Yoni)!
I quickly tried out the new tools, but seem to be getting something wrong, cutter units are not cutting to the depth specified. See pics below.
I double checked to set the cutting depth the same as the wall, but it only cuts the one face. Tried recalc as well, made no difference. I have Cutting DC's enabled. What gives?


The cutter components cut single faces only!
They do however work pretty well with the Double-Cut plugin by Dale Martens - though there are still some issues.

Also, how do I set the door frame sizing? I looked at it very quickly, so may have missed it.

Specifically with the door, you have to double-click to enter the inner component which has all the settings.

One other strange thing, inserting the windows and louvres the origin is set to the bottom? I've never placed units with this origin, any way we can get choices for top (middle / left / right)?


If I understand correctly, you mean when you first insert a component from the toolbar (or from the manager) that the cursor is placed at the bottom left corner? If that's what you mean, there's not much we can do about that. It's the default behavior of Sketchup when placing components.
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby rv1974 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

My $0.02: you should add a corner L shaped aluminum panel. The example shown in video is not quite right.
0

rv1974 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:10 pm

rv1974 wrote:My $0.02: you should add a corner L shaped aluminum panel. The example shown in video is not quite right.


Not exactly sure what you're referring to. Where should there be an L shaped panel?
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released! (not beta anymore)

Postby juju » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 pm

halroach wrote:Hi Juju :)

juju wrote:Hi FlexTools team (and Yoni)!
I quickly tried out the new tools, but seem to be getting something wrong, cutter units are not cutting to the depth specified. See pics below.
I double checked to set the cutting depth the same as the wall, but it only cuts the one face. Tried recalc as well, made no difference. I have Cutting DC's enabled. What gives?


The cutter components cut single faces only!
They do however work pretty well with the Double-Cut plugin by Dale Martens - though there are still some issues.

Also, how do I set the door frame sizing? I looked at it very quickly, so may have missed it.

Specifically with the door, you have to double-click to enter the inner component which has all the settings.

One other strange thing, inserting the windows and louvres the origin is set to the bottom? I've never placed units with this origin, any way we can get choices for top (middle / left / right)?


If I understand correctly, you mean when you first insert a component from the toolbar (or from the manager) that the cursor is placed at the bottom left corner? If that's what you mean, there's not much we can do about that. It's the default behavior of Sketchup when placing components.

To my knowledge, the component position w.r.t. the origin determines how the component is placed, not sure if tbis is true for DC's as well.
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby rv1974 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:43 pm

halroach wrote:
rv1974 wrote:My $0.02: you should add a corner L shaped aluminum panel. The example shown in video is not quite right.


Not exactly sure what you're referring to. Where should there be an L shaped panel?



bending, no grooves in the corners.
0

rv1974 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby juju » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

The DC's work with Face Cutter ($3.99) as well.

01.JPG


02.JPG
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am

rv1974 wrote:My $0.02: you should add a corner L shaped aluminum panel. The example shown in video is not quite right.


Not all panel configurations use an L shaped corner - Like the red paneling in this Alucobond example:

Thermal_Comm_product_lightbox_800x5744_0000s_0000s_0000_Layer_4.jpg


Though I do agree that L shaped corners would be a nice addition to FlexPanel! ;)

FlexPanel can be used for all sorts of other repetitive paneling situations like: floors, interior walls, even basic cabinetry situations where you don't want to start messing with a real cabinet components.

Still working on it... :fro:
0
Last edited by halroach on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released! (not beta anymore)

Postby halroach » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am

juju wrote:To my knowledge, the component position w.r.t. the origin determines how the component is placed, not sure if this is true for DC's as well.


I understand now what you mean. There are two situations to consider:
1. When a component is placed into a model
2. A copy paste situation.

In the first situation, yes, components are placed according to their main Axis, which in the Flex DCs is the bottom left corner. I could theoretically design them to change the main axis, but it would probably add a lot of calculations that would give them a slower refresh time. We don't want that!
Also, thanks to SketchUp's super duper inferencing, selecting, moving, re-positioning one or a bunch of windows is really quite quick. I wouldn't want to mess up the code for something that is really easy to do in Sketchup.

2. In copy paste situations, in most cases the placement is from the bottom left corner, no matter where the component axis is located. So we're keeping the experience quite consistent this way.
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:13 am

juju wrote:The DC's work with [url=http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/face-cutter]Face Cutter[/url] ($3.99) as well.


Good to know! :) :thumb:

***

Hmmmm, :?

Just tried it out - seems a bit buggy when copying and pasting components around.
If you pull in new components straight from the toolbar it's fine.
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby juju » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 am

halroach wrote:
juju wrote:The DC's work with [url=http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/face-cutter]Face Cutter[/url] ($3.99) as well.


Good to know! :) :thumb:

***

Hmmmm, :?

Just tried it out - seems a bit buggy when copying and pasting components around.
If you pull in new components straight from the toolbar it's fine.


I didn't try that initially, but have now. When doing a CTRL+C & CTRL+V it seems to work fine with the louvres (which have no cills), the windows work depends on where the insert point / position is (cills are a problem) and the door seems to go completely awry.

When doing a shift + move (which equates to copy and move with the native tools) it works on my end.
0
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.
User avatar
juju 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:03 am

Components Update!

Thanks to your input, we found an issue with the face-cutter versions of all 4 Flex components. The components in this update fix the issue. After updating, you will be able to set the wall thickness independently. (It is not affected by the frame depth, or by the inset settings anymore).

Important Note
In the favorites manager - Only the 'Original' components are updated. Previously saved favorites remain untouched in their current versions.

How to get the update
An automatic update is available from within the plugin!
1. Open the FlexTools manager (cog icon)
2. Click on the red Update button at the top of the window.
3. A restart of Sketchup may be required.

The updated Flex Component versions:
FlexDoor 1.3.25
FlexWindow 2.5.36
FlexTrapez 1.1.53
FlexSlat 1.2.06

Want to make sure you have the latest versions?
Click on each component's settings icon in the components manager
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

Re: FlexTools is released!

Postby halroach » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 am

Existing customers! One day left to get 30% Off all FlexTools products.
(Details will arrive by email).
0
User avatar
halroach 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 



 

Return to FlexTools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Visit our sponsors: