Animator and Rendering Software (for developers)

General discussion about Animator for SketchUp

Animator and Rendering Software (for developers)

Postby fredo6 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:57 pm

This thread is reserved to Developers of Rendering Software for Integration with Animator

Animator supports the generation of Videos wherever you can play an animation interactively. By default, there is NO rendering (Natural mode).

Animator is designed to support the integration with Rendering software designed for Sketchup with 2 methods:

1) DIRECT INTEGRATION: Animator calls the Rendering software, which should expose a few APIs. This method has the benefit that most video generation parameters are specified in Animator (frame rate, dimensions, video formats, portion of the animation, etc...). Users will simply select the Rendering method if it is installed and compatible with Animator
Animator Generation of Video rendering methods.png

This requires however some validation work with me, as I left flexibility to the APIs to be supported by the rendering software.
The technical specifications are described in the following document

Animator - Integration with Render Software - v1.0 - 31 Mar 16.pdf

2) REVERSE INTEGRATION: The Rendering Software calls Animator, it is already done for some Animation or Physics plugins (like SketchyPhysics). All parameters are thus defined in the Rendering software. Animator exposes an API allowing an external program to:
  • Select the animation unit to be rendered
  • instantiate the animation at any specified time
This method does NOT require interaction with me.
The technical specifications of the Animator API are described in the following document:

Animator - API for Render Software - v1.1 - 31 Mar 16.pdf
Last edited by fredo6 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Animator and Rendering Software (for developers)

Postby tkeepers » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 pm

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS COMPARABLE WITH vRAY?

tHANKS!

tkeepers 

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 pm

tkeepers wrote:CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS COMPARABLE WITH vRAY?

tHANKS!

I'm sure they'll hear you
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Spartipilo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:15 pm

The Vray compatibility can be 'worked around' if you have a lot of patience. You can make all the animation in Animator, then move frame by frame adding a new SketchUp Scene, and adjust fix the SketchUp scene transition duration to match the frame duration. You'll get 20-30 scenes per animation second, but at least it will work.

Fredo, is there a way to add a Frame-To-Scene action to transform (in an one-way direction) the frames with the elements positions into SketchUp Scenes in order to use them as Frames for vRay?

Spartipilo 

Postby Danbru » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:50 pm

I use Maxwell Render Plugin, is there a way I can render my animations using it?
Thanks for everything

Danbru 

Postby fredo6 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Danbru wrote:I use Maxwell Render Plugin, is there a way I can render my animations using it?
Thanks for everything

Unfortunately, Maxwell is not supported. I don't even know who to contact there and I am not sure they would be interested in the integration as I don't see Animation to be a popular demand in Sketchup actually.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Danbru » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:32 am

Hey, Fredo!
Thanks for the quickly reply.
I see, so I decided to install Thea Render for my animations,
I installed the studio and the plugin but the "render tab" in the "generation of video" window wont appear. :(
What could be going wrong?
Thanks, your plugins are awesome btw! :)

Danbru 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Animator Beta