Animator and VRay

General discussion about Animator for SketchUp

Animator and VRay

Postby fredo6 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 am

With Animator 1.7c and LibFredo6 7.7c, Animator provides a first support of VRay for rendering animations from within Animator.

I have tested it with VRay 3.40.04.

If you have VRay installed in Sketchup, you should see the VRay button in the Rendering options

Animator - VRay option.png

At the moment, there is the small inconvenience that the VRay Rendering Window pops up at each frame rendering, on top of all other windows, even if you minimize it. The VRay Status Window also pops up, but there is an option to hide it. Hopefully, this should be fixed in a next version.

Please use this thread to report any issues or suggestions.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: Animator and VRay

Postby ithil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 am

Wow
Great news! =)
Thank you so much.

Good News Everyone.jpg
ithil 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby fredo6 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am

ithil wrote:Wow
Great news! =)
Thank you so much.

Special thanks to you for your help in this integration.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Mousa_SA » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am

Awesome, great job for both of you :)
Mousa_SA 

Postby cuttingedge » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 pm

This is really exciting news...I would love to see samples soon from our Vray masters.

cuttingedge 

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 am

Great!
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Spartipilo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:23 am

Hello! New on this forum. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this problem, but here it goes.

I had a problem with Animator and Vray rendering. I set the animation to last 10s, at 30fps. Left it to render for 8 hours overnight, but I ended up with only 86 out of 300 frames on the render folder. It skipped 3 out of 4 frames (names goes 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16...). I configured Vray to save the output renders in another folder, but they weren't saved.

I'm not sure if the missing frames were rendered and not saved, or not rendered at all.

Spartipilo 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Spartipilo wrote:Hello! New on this forum. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this problem, but here it goes.

I had a problem with Animator and Vray rendering. I set the animation to last 10s, at 30fps. Left it to render for 8 hours overnight, but I ended up with only 86 out of 300 frames on the render folder. It skipped 3 out of 4 frames (names goes 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16...). I configured Vray to save the output renders in another folder, but they weren't saved.

I'm not sure if the missing frames were rendered and not saved, or not rendered at all.

There is a problem with Vray, which tends to re-use the previous path when saving image files with the same name as images generated previously.

I fixed the problem in the latest version of LibFredo6 (as of 7.7d). Did you try with this version.

Also a good practice when generating a video is to test the video after a few frames. You have a button for that. If OK, you can then resume the generation, or otherwise cancel it.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Spartipilo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi Fredo, thanks for your answer.

I updated the Lib and Plugin to latest versions, still had to do some work to set things up, but managet to get a full frame rendering using Timed progressive and 45fps (With 30fps was still missing some frames). Rendering with BF + LC at 1080x1080, only with sun and camera transition based on SU Scenes.

This is the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFEP59sEp9I Only problem now was the camera shaking, any way to rework that?

On a side note: I was using a very far Omnilight to do a 360° "FakeSun" rotation with it, along with a HDRI on a Domelight. It worked, but once I set the path for the "FakeSun" Omnilight, all the scene got clipped, Couldn't recover it back, had to build it on a new file w/o the "FakeSun"

Spartipilo 

Postby fredo6 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Good. I think VRay (Chaos group) should fix the problems with image files in a next release.

Regrading the camera shaking, do you get it when you do 'natural' generation (i.e. without rendering)?

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby filibis » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Fredo,
I can confirm that camera shaking happens in Vray output with default settings (MP4,MPG,AVI,GIF) but it's fine with 'Natural' rendering.
filibis 

Postby fredo6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:02 pm

filibis wrote:Hi Fredo,
I can confirm that camera shaking happens in Vray output with default settings (MP4,MPG,AVI,GIF) but it's fine with 'Natural' rendering.

So this must be related to Vray processing. I made some tests, but with my models and do not get the jerky effect. Actually Animator juts calls the Vray API, so it does not control what VRay does.

Maybe you can PM me the model, so that I try.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby fredo6 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 pm

As you may have noticed, Animator was no longer compatible with VRay 3.6 (but was for VRay 3.4).

I updated the code to support VRay 3.6. You just need to upgrade to LibFredo6 8.0c (no need to change Animator).

This new version allows to start the rendering with VRay. HOWEVER, I noticed that there might be a freeze of Vray and Sketchup after rendering a number of frames.

I am in contact with Chaos Group about that.

So, if this happens to you, please advise in this Thread.

Fredo
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Animator Beta