[Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

General discussion about Animator for SketchUp

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby John SB » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:58 pm

JSB_Animator Test_BH-Gabelstapler.skp
Thanks for the reply. My version of the animation is attached. But, I've figured it out what dumb thing I did wrong. I had the model in parallel not perspective projection. Once in perspective, the cameras worked as expected.
Thanks again for the help and for making SketchUp even more fun!
JSB
0
User avatar
John SB 
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby optimaforever » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello Fredo,

Is there a simple way to make a camera move along a spline path? and following a target moving itself along a path?
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby fredo6 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:39 pm

optimaforever wrote:Hello Fredo,

Is there a simple way to make a camera move along a spline path? and following a target moving itself along a path?

Not natively yet. Thse functions will come in a next release (Camera long path)

For a camera following a path, as Rich indicated, you can create an object, and attach it a "target camera" pointing for instance toward front of the object. Then move the object along a path.
But then, you cannot point to a second moving object.

Fredo
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby optimaforever » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Ok, thanks gor the reply.
So I still need to export my model to animate the cam in 3dsmax for now...
0

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby jgb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Fredo

I'm doing a step-by-step self tutorial based on the words and videos at the top of this thread.
I created a new SKP for this, and I will document my steps for potentially a detailed written tutorial.

I found a few things for you to look at........

1 - I suggest you combine Positioner Save and Positioner Load into a single icon function. They seem redundant to me at this point. Save takes you to Load, but can't come back. This makes name editing tedious.

2 - When first naming a position in SAVE if you hit the space bar, it all goes away. You then have to edit the position name in "manage". Space bar is OK when editing, just not initial naming.

More later.
0
__________________
jgb
User avatar
jgb 
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby fredo6 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 pm

jgb wrote:1 - I suggest you combine Positioner Save and Positioner Load into a single icon function. They seem redundant to me at this point. Save takes you to Load, but can't come back. This makes name editing tedious.

Actually, I did not find a way to cover "Save, Load, Modify" with a single dialog box. If you have ideas, more than welcome.

jgb wrote:2 - When first naming a position in SAVE if you hit the space bar, it all goes away. You then have to edit the position name in "manage". Space bar is OK when editing, just not initial naming.

More later.

A bug. I just fixed it. Strange nobody signaled it.
0
User avatar
fredo6 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author
 

Re: [Tutorial] Animator Quick Start

Postby jgb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 pm

fredo6 wrote:Actually, I did not find a way to cover "Save, Load, Modify" with a single dialog box. If you have ideas, more than welcome.

A bug. I just fixed it. Strange nobody signaled it.


I will look at a combo as I gain experience with Animator.

I like descriptive names, so spaces are needed between words. I dislike dashes.
Others are more simplistic.
0
__________________
jgb
User avatar
jgb 
 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago



Ad Machine 
Robot
 

Previous


 

Return to Animator Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: otb designworks and 2 guests

Visit our sponsors: