Kubity Examples

General discussion about Kubity for SketchUp

Moderators: nikusknx, rebecamoreno, romaing

Re: Kubity Examples

Postby Paul Russam » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:55 am

Another one:
The model is quite basic on the inside as an extensive renovation is planned and there's not much point in modeling what will soon be ripped out.

Paul Russam
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.
Paul Russam 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby kaas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Very interesting examples. How did I miss this topic..

Have there been any updates to the navigation for cardboard? Is it possible to move or switch from scene tot scene (camera viewpoints) using the cardboard? Also, is it possible to toggle layers by switching to another scene?

Also; are the uploaded models freely available to anyone? (some clients might object to that).

kaas 

Postby romaing » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:44 pm

kaas wrote:Very interesting examples. How did I miss this topic..

Have there been any updates to the navigation for cardboard? Is it possible to move or switch from scene tot scene (camera viewpoints) using the cardboard? Also, is it possible to toggle layers by switching to another scene?

Also; are the uploaded models freely available to anyone? (some clients might object to that).

Moving to scene to scene will be available at the end of the week, and in VR mode too.
And we've been working on layers/section planes, it'll be in your hands in your hands next month.
About the uploaded models, there are not available to anyone if you talk about .skp files.

The converted models are not referenced, so available only to you until you share them.
We're working on very specific features about security and confidentiality.

romaing 
Kubity Support
Kubity Support

Postby kaas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:12 pm

@romaing: Thanks for the additional information. Following with great interest!

kaas 

Postby pbacot » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:28 pm

I guess these Kubity things don't work on Firefox or... Mac? I see nothing but a spinning arrow when I click on these.
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby kaas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:34 pm

pbacot wrote:I guess these Kubity things don't work on Firefox or... Mac? I see nothing but a spinning arrow when I click on these.

On Firefox (win7x64) it works fine. The starting process / download-speed sometimes seems to be slow though.

kaas 

Postby ntxdave » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:50 pm

I have tried to view these Kubity pages in IE 11, Edge and Chrome and I do not get to see any of them. :(
ntxdave 

Postby measuredmove » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:31 am

Not 100% sure but I think that since this became a paid application, anything uploaded when it was free has expired.
SU8/LightUp/Gimp/SimLab Composer/Kerkythea

measuredmove 

Postby ntxdave » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:48 am

It would be nice to be able to see some examples. :shock:
ntxdave 

Postby measuredmove » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 am

That is kind of weird that even on their website there doesn't appear to be anything to view to showcase the product.
It would have been (or may still be) a good viewer for what you are looking for in another post.
In the original free version it was very,very easy just drag and drop your .skp to upload on their website. Pan,zoom and rotate were quite intuitive and impressive in VR. Not sure how the new (paid) version is-even better I assume.
It now seems somewhat more complicated. Perhaps they have a trial version to try out.
I think they monitor this thread so they may add samples to try out.
SU8/LightUp/Gimp/SimLab Composer/Kerkythea

measuredmove 

Postby Paul Russam » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:24 am

They changed how they were doing things, 1st they made any uploaded model expire after a chosen period, then after a week and now you have to buy credits that get used up when a model is viewed, thus all the previously posted examples have now gone .... rather annoying.
Additionally they changed their name from Kubity to something I can never remember and 'updated' the iOS app so that it no longer worked in any useful way.

Sad really, I'm now exploring webgl export to host on a server so that I don't have to rely on the whims of a 3D party.
Paul Russam
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.
Paul Russam 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ntxdave » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 am

Disappointing and a bad business model IMHO.

Have you looked at Sketchfab or Blend4Web?
ntxdave 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Previous

Return to Kubity