[REQ] alphanumerical sorting of hosts and scattered obj

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

[REQ] alphanumerical sorting of hosts and scattered obj

Postby optimaforever » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello Thomas,

again a little request;
I'm struggling with the sorting of scattered objects in the main skatter toolbar.
I'm trying to select objects in alphanumerical order to get them sorted but it's not always possible.
to be able to sort them in ascending or descending fashion would be even more enjoyable :lol:

PS and don't use the Thea alphanumerical sorting way please (I don't want to bother with upper or lower case) :mrgreen:

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: [REQ] alphanumerical sorting of hosts and scattered obj

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:27 pm

I'll see what I can do :)
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Re: [REQ] alphanumerical sorting of hosts and scattered obj

Postby optimaforever » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:48 pm

btw if we can see the probability and scale next to the names in the list, it would be even better, this way we would be able to sort the skattered mesh by probability/scale as well.

I often use 100% prob for some common green bushes and 1% for some colored ones to get a colored touch in a see of green. So instead of sort by name (they all share a common name, and it's a hassle to find the colored culprit), the sorting by probability of appearance would be very helpful.
I don't know if even ForestPack have this feature :fro:

I also noticed that once you load a custom preset, all the component meshes share the same name as the preset name. Is this a bug? this is a nightmare if I want to further fine-tune the preset...

optimaforever 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Skatter