[Q] Difference between Vray versions?

General discusson for Skatter for SketchUp

Moderator: jiminy-billy-bob

[Q] Difference between Vray versions?

Postby Roo Evans » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Best,

Chaosgroup recently released a new version of Vray 2.0, they proudly state to have support for Skatter.
Would you mind sharing which type of support, after updating I notice no difference.. (I hoped Chaosgroup would've offered quicker parsing times for Skatter)

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Roo Evans
Roo Evans 

Re: [Q] Difference between Vray versions?

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:03 pm

The only difference is that now they natively support Skatter. Before that, Skatter had to modify Vray's code on the fly to make it work. But the results are the same.

Vray 3.0 is supposed to bring better parsing time. I really hope so, because for now it's terrible...
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Roo Evans » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 pm

jiminy-billy-bob wrote:The only difference is that now they natively support Skatter. Before that, Skatter had to modify Vray's code on the fly to make it work. But the results are the same.

Vray 3.0 is supposed to bring better parsing time. I really hope so, because for now it's terrible...

Thanks for the info, I heard so too, let's keep our thumbs up! And better implementation of proxies too, because it's quite archaïc right now..
Cheers,
Roo Evans
Roo Evans 

Postby andybot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 pm

I've been out of the loop for a while. I am thinking about loading up the skatter public release. However, if vray is still having crazy parsing times, not sure that I am as interested. So my question - has there been any improvement, or is it still a matter of waiting for the vray 3.0 rebuild for SU?
Until then, I'll just continue using Blender for my particle needs.

Andy
my blog featuring recent projects
andybot 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jiminy-billy-bob » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Unfortunatly Vray is still very slow.
jiminy-billy-bob 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Skatter