iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

Get 3D Printing support, tips and tricks for SketchUp

Moderators: dukejazz, d12dozr

iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

Postby Mike Lucey » Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I think the iPin Pro will be attractive to anyone that completes building surveys. I don't complete as many as I used to which involved two persons a lot of the time. This device eliminates the need for a second person as the user simply takes photos and extrapolates the height, width and length dimensions back at base.

Click image to view animated gif.
d9adbd1a35869d564c61de14f34ac7f0_original.gif

Click image to view animated gif.
fda52533529f7b0b8697cfb1bc76c80d_original.gif

The iPin Pro attaches to a smartphone magnetically and the better the smartphone's camera resolution the better the results. It can be used as a standalone device also.

44100767f597dcda9b2aa3af27e107f4_original.jpg

The specs are quite impressive,

b19ef7747f8bc7bd6ab97d1f66fa0690_original.jpg

The iPin Pro is a current Kickstarter campaign and pitched at around €68. Anyone interested can check it out here.

Mike
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Re: iPin Pro - Ideal for one-man building surveys!

Postby pbacot » Wed May 16, 2018 9:48 pm

might be good. I've tried a few iPAD apps that don't have an add-on and found them lacking. It's got to be dependable or it's a waste of time. One such app required zeroing in on all the corners of the room. First you had to find an empty room!
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Mike Lucey » Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 pm

pbacot wrote:might be good. I've tried a few iPAD apps that don't have an add-on and found them lacking. It's got to be dependable or it's a waste of time. One such app required zeroing in on all the corners of the room. First you had to find an empty room!

Hi pbacot,

I’ve also tried out a few iPad apps where one has to zero in on the corners. It was a bit clunky and the results were not that great.

I take you point about taking pics with furniture in place. I have asked the campaigner about this and will report back with anything I learn.

Mike
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby jo-ke » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 pm

looks interessting.

Does it also creat an SU file in output?
jo-ke 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to SketchUp for 3D Printing