Newbie - OS X Interface Question

General discussion on Thea Render for SketchUp

Moderator: Frederik

Newbie - OS X Interface Question

Postby lilchaka » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:10 am

Hi everyone;

I'm new to Thea for Sketchup. I'm doing some test renders and I'm proceeding through the manual and several of the tutorial videos as well. My problem? As an OS X user I'm understanding that everything seems to be geared toward the Windows interface as far as education. So, I'm stuck on the Environment panel – I inserted a test image from the Thea browser as a background sky image (by double-clicking on it in the Browser). Now, I want to take it OUT. I can see how (I assume) you would do that on the Windows interface of the panel, but I can't figure out how to REMOVE the image permanently on my OS X version.

I finally figured out that I can right-click on the "EXT" buttons on each of the four sub-panels (Illumination, Background, Reflection, Refraction) and get a dropdown menu with an option to "Clear Path". So I used that option in each sub-panel, and the image & information was removed. Then I saved changes to the scene. Then, after checking settings in other parts of the Rendering Window (Display, Rendering, etc.) when I go back to the Environment panel the image and info for each sub-panel is BACK. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of this sucker for good.

I realize, as a new user, I could be missing something obvious (especially since the OS X and Windows panels differ in design) but hopefully I won't feel too bad once one of you more experienced users point out what I may be doing wrong. Any help appreciated.

OS X El Capitan. Thea 1.5.06.423.1434 x64

Thanks much.
"I am a rooster illusion."
lilchaka 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Newbie - OS X Interface Question

Postby NigeC » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:13 pm

the tuts/manual should be the same for both, however the version you have is out of date so maybe something has been fixed
current version is Thea For SketchUp v1.5.06.480 [14/11/16]
“It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it!”
NigeC 

Postby lilchaka » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:28 am

NigeC;

Thanks. So far that seems to have done the trick as far as the problem I was having with the Environment panel and removing the linked image. I still see the tutorial videos reflecting different layouts for some of the panels though, including the Environment one. Unless there are ones I’m missing somewhere (I downloaded the ones I have from the link on the Thea for Sketchup web page).

Thanks again.
"I am a rooster illusion."
lilchaka 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby NigeC » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:31 am

The manual tends to get updated after new revisions and stuff can be added in-between during maintenance builds, the plugin is constantly evolving, generally Windows and Mac are released side by side so in theory there's no real difference, just control styles
“It’s only impossible if you stop and think about it!”
NigeC 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Thea