Advice for new renderer

General discussion on Thea Render for SketchUp

Moderator: Frederik

Advice for new renderer

Postby brooklynia373 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi,

I'm delving into the process of learning how to render my SketchUp furniture models. I'm pretty sure that Thea is the answer and will be purchasing it soon (I'm using the demo version now)

I'm a novice when it comes to rendering, and am having trouble finding tutorials or instructions for someone not acquainted with basic rendering terminology like bump, diffuse, displace, or even the difference between IR-Presto(AO) and IR-Presto(MC)

I figure aiming for photo-realism, and saving the artistic stuff for later, is my best bet.

Knowing that there is tons to learn, where should I start? From what I understand, it's all about the interaction of light, material, and camera. But where can I learn how to compose materials that will render accurately, etc.?

Are there any sites, blogs, or online classes that I can start with?

Any help would be appreciated...

Tom
brooklynia373 

Re: Advice for new renderer

Postby solo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:04 am

http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Re: Advice for new renderer

Postby roland joseph » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Once you get started (and you are hooked) you will find yourself immersed for quite a few hours a day in a rendering machine so you better be happy with the methods presented to you by the app for set-up and rendering. To protect yourself be sure to run the demos. All the good renderers let you take there software for a test run.

roland joseph 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Thea