Thea on Mac

General discussion on Thea Render for SketchUp

Moderator: Frederik

Thea on Mac

Postby pbacot » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Is anyone using Thea on Mac successfully? I am checking it out and have a lot of trouble. Crashes etc.
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Re: Thea on Mac

Postby dale » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Sorry for what is probably a too late reply but...
I have been using Thea on Mac since it was first released.I have never had any crash problems, or real difficulties that couldn't be traced back to me.
I recently finished work on a 4.5 acre site with 14 structures ranging from single family to 12 units. It has terrain based on the topography of the survey, roads, orchards, gardens and lots of vegetation. 3 million plus edges and 1.1 million faces.
I used as many proxies as I could for trees and vegetation, but terrain and buildings were all full models.
It definitely took time for the computer to digest the information, and some overnight renders, but the out come was exceptional.
Thea has been fantastic and trouble free.
Cheers
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Re: Thea on Mac

Postby pbacot » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:57 pm

I finally got Thea and it's been good. Not sure what were the issues back then. Thanks!

What's your setup? I got a new/old laptop and put High Sierra on it, so I can use the nVidia card. I also was using network rendering with a second laptop, but that one may be dead now. Still need more speed but I never know if I am really going to be doing more extensive rendering. I may have just finished the biggest job I'll ever need to do in that regard.
MacOSX Mojave High Sierra SketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v2 PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Thea