SCF Pre-registration for 3D baseCamp

SCF Pre-registration for 3D baseCamp

Postby aidanchopra » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

Hi folks,

As promised, I've arranged a mechanism for a limited number of people to be able to pre-register for Basecamp at a discount. This thread on the SCF is the only place I'm posting this information.

The registration website is http://sketchupbasecamp2012.eventbrite.com. Use the Promotional Code 3DBC-SCFVIP to unlock a Preferred Registration option that's discounted by 25%.

The above promo code will start working today at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) and will only work for 36 hours. There are a few dozen spots available. On Wednesday the 22nd, I'll make more spots available on the SketchUp beta forum.

If you don't get a spot, you can try again when General Registration begins at 10:00 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 28th.

Incidentally, this is all a bit of a test. If something's broken, please don't send me a letter bomb. Just post on this thread and we'll get things resolved ASAP.

See you in Boulder!

aidanchopra 

Re: SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2012

Postby liam887 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am

:thumb:

Aidan can you register and pay later or do you have to pay to register?

Only I have my flights now from London but they have cleaned me out until payday as they where not cheap. Will there be a way to register and hold off the payment until next week?

Cheers

Liam
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

liam887 

Postby Msketcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:57 pm

aidanchopra wrote:Hi folks,

As promised, I've arranged a mechanism for a limited number of people to be able to pre-register for Basecamp at a discount. This thread on the SCF is the only place I'm posting this information.

The registration website is http://sketchupbasecamp2012.eventbrite.com. Use the Promotional Code 3DBC-SCFVIP to unlock a Preferred Registration option that's discounted by 25%.

The above promo code will start working today at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) and will only work for 36 hours. There are a few dozen spots available. On Wednesday the 22nd, I'll make more spots available on the SketchUp beta forum.

If you don't get a spot, you can try again when General Registration begins at 10:00 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 28th.

Incidentally, this is all a bit of a test. If something's broken, please don't send me a letter bomb. Just post on this thread and we'll get things resolved ASAP.

See you in Boulder!

I'm all over this. :bounce:
Msketcher 

Postby Jimmymino » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:06 pm

aidanchopra wrote:Hi folks,

As promised, I've arranged a mechanism for a limited number of people to be able to pre-register for Basecamp at a discount. This thread on the SCF is the only place I'm posting this information...

See you in Boulder!

AHHHH! Im exploding with anticipation. T Minus 113 minutes! I cant wait.
Jimmy Miño
Owner
the archiTECHtural workshop
www.thearchitechturalworkshop.com

Jimmymino 

Postby dale » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Hmmmm... The Hunger Games :D
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Postby wehby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm

aidanchopra wrote:...

The above promo code will start working today at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) and will only work for 36 hours. There are a few dozen spots available. On Wednesday the 22nd, I'll make more spots available on the SketchUp beta forum....!

Aidan,
Thank you for setting this up. I'm really excited about getting together with everyone again.

The date on the site reads:
General Registration opens at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012.

typo?

Regards,
wehby

wehby 

Postby aidanchopra » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm

liam887 wrote::thumb:

Only I have my flights now from London but they have cleaned me out until payday as they where not cheap. Will there be a way to register and hold off the payment until next week?

Cheers

Liam

The system accepts credit cards. Will that work?

aidanchopra 

Postby aidanchopra » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 pm

wehby wrote:
aidanchopra wrote:...

The above promo code will start working today at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) and will only work for 36 hours. There are a few dozen spots available. On Wednesday the 22nd, I'll make more spots available on the SketchUp beta forum....!

Aidan,
Thank you for setting this up. I'm really excited about getting together with everyone again.

The date on the site reads:
General Registration opens at 10:00 AM MDT (GMT -6:00) on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012.

typo?

Regards,
wehby

General Registration begins next week. This is an opportunity for pre-registration, just for people who are here on the SCF.

aidanchopra 

Postby liam887 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm

aidanchopra wrote:
liam887 wrote::thumb:

Cheers

Liam

The system accepts credit cards. Will that work?

No I dont have a credit card its not that common in the UK compared to US. :thumbd:
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby wehby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Ahhhh. So the promo code not only unlocks the discounted rate, but also the pre-registration time period. Got it.

Thanks,
wehby

wehby 

Postby Msketcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

I win for first registration!!!

Now I just have to sell some of my old carpentry tools so I can buy airplane tickets and hotel. Anybody need a table saw? At least I got tickets to the event, I think that's be most important. (And I got an approved vacation request from work, so that's good too!)
Last edited by Msketcher on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Msketcher 

Postby Jimmymino » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

SUCCESS!! See you all in Boulder!

Now to book flight and hote. Anyone on the list up for sharing hotel room to bring down costs? I will be getting a car to drive from Denver to Boulder. Also would not mind car pooling. Let me know!
Jimmy Miño
Owner
the archiTECHtural workshop
www.thearchitechturalworkshop.com

Jimmymino 

Postby wehby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Ugh!!! I was too slow to be first. See you all there.
-wehby

wehby 

Postby JClements » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:09 pm

EventBright preregistration/payment worked without a glitch.
John
Illustrator
Beaverton, Oregon
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby wyatt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Registration was successful. :berserk: Now just need official approval from my bosses. It's better to tell them I already registered, than be sorry I didn't, right? :roll:

wyatt 

Postby d12dozr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Yay, I'm in! :sketchstatic:

See you in Boulder!
3D Printing with SketchUp Book
http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

d12dozr 
Top SketchUcator

Postby cwmunro » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm totally in for pre registration! OH YEAH! Going to Colorado! :berserk: :bounce: :berserk: :sketchstatic: :bounce:
C W Munro
Professional Building Designer
http://www.thealaddincompany.com
cwmunro 

Postby wehby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:20 pm

BTW, I'm pretty excited about the focus on Ruby this year. Perhaps a reflection of the value that Trimble places on the community of Plugin Developers that help make SU great?
-wehby

wehby 

Postby cwmunro » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm

wehby wrote:Ugh!!! I was too slow to be first. See you all there.
-wehby

Sorry Man.... You'll get there.... Have faith... :mrgreen:
C W Munro
Professional Building Designer
http://www.thealaddincompany.com
cwmunro 

Postby wyatt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

wehby wrote:BTW, I'm pretty excited about the focus on Ruby this year. Perhaps a reflection of the value that Trimble places on the community of Plugin Developers that help make SU great?
-wehby

I agree that this is a good thing. The plugin developers deserve a ton of recognition, and hopefully they'll get it. I expressed interest in the beginning Ruby class, but I'm curious what the actual sessions on Tuesday will include. I know all the content will be fantastic and I'm really torn between the two options.

wyatt 

Postby dale » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:55 pm

I guess since it says "See you in Boulder and safe travels" I did it! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Just to remind those lucky enough to be going that SketchUcation has organised a group rate for members at the Golden Buff Lodge in Boulder.

There are only limited rooms and they are running out. To get the Promo code you'll need to PM me. If you are considering doubling up then you need to organise this yourself.

Hope you all have a great time there.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Chris Fullmer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Awesome, I'm in. I got work off. Now I just have to figure out how to get there and which alley to set up my tent in and I'm ready to go! :)
Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
All my Plugins I've written
Chris Fullmer 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Postby Dave R » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Chris, how did you get your bride to agree to letting you go?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Re: SCF Pre-registration for 3D baseCamp

Postby Chris Fullmer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Oh, well, there is that.....I haven't. But its mostly the cost thing for her. So if I can find some ways to cut costs, or maybe sell some photos, or sell my left arm, so I can fund myself from extra income, then she should be easy to convince to let me leave for a few days.
Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
All my Plugins I've written
Chris Fullmer 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Postby wyatt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Chris, offer to bring her with you. My wife agreed pretty quickly to a trip to the mountains. ;)

wyatt 

Postby Gaieus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm

I also offered it to my wife (not as if I had the money...) but then she said "not without the dog" - which would mean a whole day journey for the poor dog in a cage...
Gaieus 

Postby wyatt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Well, I'm a bit closer than you Csaba. 8 hours by car I think. We have friends and family in the area that we haven't seen in quite a long time so staying with them helps with cost. I hadn't thought about my dogs...maybe they'll come too.

wyatt 

Postby Msketcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm seriously considering winging it. I've got my registration, I definitely need flight tickets. Beyond that, I think my strategy will be making friends really quickly with someone who has a spare room to share.
Msketcher 

Postby liam887 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:01 am

Girlfriend ('s credit card) to the the rescue.

All registered, flights booked, hotel booked, time off work booked... now just need that damn visa waiver.

See you all in October! x
Last edited by liam887 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Next

Return to BaseCamp 2012