Postby liam887 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 pm

solo wrote:
Gaieus wrote:
Dave R wrote:Nose plugs :knockout:

Well, it wasn't you who had to share a room with Pete! :o

:roflmao:

Funny guy.

So have you booked yet?

I am booking my flight on payday, how do we register for the event like last time?
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

liam887 

Re: SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2012

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Follow the link in the first post
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby liam887 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:Follow the link in the first post

Yep not on the ball today! Let me know where your all staying ill try to get the same/close. Not staying 30 mins out of town like last time!!
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 pm

liam887 wrote:Let me know where your all staying ill try to get the same/close

there's no invites as yet
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby DavidBoulder » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Excited to have another base camp and in Boulder:) I agree about streaming to web. Even if only setup for one room, it would be nice to have camera setup, even if only online interaction is being able to IM back to speakers/audience.

I liked the Dairy Center last time, but not sure if that was chosen due to proximity to old office or not? But even if somewhere else, the location of hotel and pub everyone used last time is still pretty central location.

David
--

David Goldwasser
OpenStudio Developer
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
DavidBoulder 

Postby Dave R » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm glad I didn't need the nose plugs. I guess Andrew could have used some in his ears, though. :oops:

Is Basecamp going to be held in the Dairy center like last time? Same hotel?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby Gaieus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Well, the hotel was organized by the participants (Google suggested another one) so I guess this time it should also be done that way.

As for the venue: I did not really like that place (it was too small) but I doubt that they now have a much bigger office than last time...
Gaieus 

Postby Dave R » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm

So have you booked at that hotel?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:47 pm

But there was a Google rate on that hotel. it was $30 cheaper per night for the basecamp attendees
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Gaieus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:54 pm

No that discount was arranged by Susan.
Gaieus 

Postby Krisidious » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I need to sort out the paperwork to go to the US!

I'll marry you Thom... I think that will get you in. Of course we'll have to pick our state carefully, in some it will get you a parade in other it might get you shot.
By: Kristoff Rand
Home Designer
Unique House Plans
Krisidious 

Postby thomthom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm

:lol:
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby dale » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm wondering if it's also going to be in the same format as the last BaseCamp, the "Un-seminar" format, or more like the previous one in California that had a formalized agenda.
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Postby solo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

The problem was choosing what to attend, some had two or three great ones at same time...grrr
http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Postby RichMorin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

solo wrote:The problem was choosing what to attend, some had two or three great ones at same time...grrr

Trimble should arrange to have the presentation sessions (at least) professionally recorded. They could then be edited and posted to YouTube (or whatever) for folks (including both attendees and others) to watch.

-r
RichMorin 

Postby wyatt » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:55 pm

solo wrote:The problem was choosing what to attend, some had two or three great ones at same time...grrr

No kidding. I needed a way to be in 3 places at once for the entire un-conference.

wyatt 

Postby sonder » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm told there is beer here?

sonder 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Sonder wrote:I'm told there is beer here?

Only if you get there before Csaba shows up. :roflmao:
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby aidanchopra » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Dave R wrote:I'm glad I didn't need the nose plugs. I guess Andrew could have used some in his ears, though. :oops:

Hi Dave,

To answer your question about the Dairy Center: We've found a different couple of venues for the event this year. We think they'll work better for our purposes. We're 90% sure that the whole event will take place downtown, within a couple of blocks of the Pearl Street Mall. The Dairy was fun, but the best thing about it was its proximity to the Google office. That's no longer a requirement : )

Two other things: We're planning to get started around 10 or 11 am on Monday morning, so flying in on Sunday would probably be a good idea, if you can. Also, you shouldn't need to rent a car. If you want to be super-close to the event, I'd look at the Hotel Boulderado. The St. Julien would also work, but it's a little spendier.

aidanchopra 

Postby aidanchopra » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Rich O Brien wrote:

That's a very good point. No one has been officially invited yet, so please don't book anything you can't un-book. We'll probably have about 250 people again this year.

aidanchopra 

Postby aidanchopra » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 pm

dale wrote:I'm wondering if it's also going to be in the same format as the last BaseCamp, the "Un-seminar" format, or more like the previous one in California that had a formalized agenda.

The format for this year's event will be very similar to the last one. Day One will be presentations, audience-style with a big screen and all that. Day Two will be unconference breakouts, though we'll do our best to minimize overlapping sessions. My plan is to have all of Monday night to work out the schedule, so hopefully we'll be better-off. I know there were a lot of conflicts last time; maybe we'll try to arrange things into "tracks" or something. Suggestions welcome, of course.

Day Three, as of now, will be like the design charrette/exercise we did on the last day of 2008. Concurrently, we're looking at having a separate, all-day ruby developers' conference on Day Three, too. Does that sound like a workable idea?

aidanchopra 

Postby thomthom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:02 pm

aidanchopra wrote:
Rich O Brien wrote:

That's a very good point. No one has been officially invited yet, so please don't book anything you can't un-book. We'll probably have about 250 people again this year.

So - invite only again?
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Dave R » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 pm

aidanchopra wrote:
Dave R wrote:I'm glad I didn't need the nose plugs. I guess Andrew could have used some in his ears, though. :oops:

Hi Dave,

To answer your question about the Dairy Center: We've found a different couple of venues for the event this year. We think they'll work better for our purposes. We're 90% sure that the whole event will take place downtown, within a couple of blocks of the Pearl Street Mall. The Dairy was fun, but the best thing about it was its proximity to the Google office. That's no longer a requirement : )

Two other things: We're planning to get started around 10 or 11 am on Monday morning, so flying in on Sunday would probably be a good idea, if you can. Also, you shouldn't need to rent a car. If you want to be super-close to the event, I'd look at the Hotel Boulderado. The St. Julien would also work, but it's a little spendier.

Thanks Aidan. We'll wait to book the hotel.

Cheers,

Dave
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 pm

As you will have noticed there is great enthusiasm... :bounce:
But Aidan, please remember that many of us aren't 'locals' - the 'rest of the world' needs to fund, then book often disproportionately expensive traveling arrangements [which get more expensive by the day], then find and secure suitable nearby hotel accommodation etc, also not forgetting the not inexpensive and, even worse, time-hungry arrangements for obtaining visas and other travel-documentation etc [which the USA has now made much more convoluted for many of us in recent times] ... let alone for us even to try and plan to get time off our busy 'real-life' schedules so that we could potentially attend if we were lucky... so the sooner the details of the venue, content, invite-lists etc are confirmed the better it is for us... :?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby thomthom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm

TIG wrote:As you will have noticed there is great enthusiasm... :bounce:
But Aidan, please remember that many of us aren't 'locals' - the 'rest of the world' needs to fund, then book often disproportionately expensive traveling arrangements [which get more expensive by the day], then find and secure suitable nearby hotel accommodation etc, also not forgetting the not inexpensive and, even worse, time-hungry arrangements for obtaining visas and other travel-documentation etc [which the USA has now made much more convoluted for many of us in recent times] ... let alone for us even to try and plan to get time off our busy 'real-life' schedules so that we could potentially attend if we were lucky... so the sooner the details of the venue, content, invite-lists etc are confirmed the better it is for us... :?

+1

I missed out in 2010 due to that. :(
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby DavidBoulder » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Dave R wrote:
Sonder wrote:I'm told there is beer here?

Only if you get there before Csaba shows up. :roflmao:

Lots of breweries. My favorite is about 3 miles north. they may have the seasonal pumpkin beer by then.
http://upslopebrewing.com/
--

David Goldwasser
OpenStudio Developer
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
DavidBoulder 

Postby Gaieus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Now three miles is nothing when you are walking there with great anticipation - but what about the way back home? :shock:
Gaieus 

Postby liam887 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 pm

thomthom wrote:
TIG wrote:As you will have noticed there is great enthusiasm... :bounce:

+1

I missed out in 2010 due to that. :(

+2

Didn't miss out last time luckily but it would be good to know in advance as its a lot of organising to get stateside.
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby sorgesu » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 am

I can't stand it. I can't not go. I have to go. I'll miss school, I'll hand in work late. I don't care. I have to go.
Susan Sorger
Seller Hand Rendered Entourage
Canadian Authorized Training Centre, SketchUp
http://www.entouragearts.com

sorgesu 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to BaseCamp 2012