Looks like you can phone with it but Not sure:

"3.75G cellular data, text and voice capability"

Phil Rader, AIA 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2012

Postby Androo54 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 am

Hi All,
It's been WAY too long since I've participated here. Truthfully, school has taken up most of my time, but I still use SketchUp in all of my courses and projects. I am extremely fortunate to have been at the 2008 Basecamp (some of you may remember my presentation, and the fact that I was the only attendee requiring parental supervision,) and to return again in 2010. I'm thrilled that I think I'll be able to get out of classes in Connecticut and make it to Boulder in October for Basecamp this year--and I'm thrilled to see you all again.

When SketchUp made the switch to Trimble, I was sure there wouldn't be a Basecamp this year--if ever again, so it's been a great treat to find out all about the 2012 event.

Best,
Andrew Nathanson
andrewsnathanson<at>gmail.com | andrew.nathanson<at>conncoll.edu

Androo54 

Postby Gaieus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 am

Sure I remember - I was there on your presentation! :enlight:

There were a couple of reversed faces in your model though! ;)
Gaieus 

Postby Mike Lucey » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm

We where impressed with your presentation Andrew :thumb:
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby liam887 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Mike Lucey wrote:I've no invite yet but will turn up anyway. There's always Basecamp B (beer) at the Baker St Pub :D

:thumb:
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

liam887 

Postby dale » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Androo54 wrote:Hi All,
It's been WAY too long since I've participated here. Truthfully, school has taken up most of my time, but I still use SketchUp in all of my courses and projects. I am extremely fortunate to have been at the 2008 Basecamp (some of you may remember my presentation, and the fact that I was the only attendee requiring parental supervision,) and to return again in 2010. I'm thrilled that I think I'll be able to get out of classes in Connecticut and make it to Boulder in October for Basecamp this year--and I'm thrilled to see you all again.

When SketchUp made the switch to Trimble, I was sure there wouldn't be a Basecamp this year--if ever again, so it's been a great treat to find out all about the 2012 event.

Best,
Andrew Nathanson
andrewsnathanson<at>gmail.com | andrew.nathanson<at>conncoll.edu

Hey Andrew, I remember having a really great conversation with you at the Boulder camp, great that your still involved.
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Postby liam887 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:14 pm

The flights have dropped £150 in a week, lets hope that trend continues until payday... :cry:
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby Mike Lucey » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:23 pm

I hope so for you also Liam. But it can jump both ways as fuel costs are only going one way. BTW, best to do something that can be changed should to need arise :thumb:
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby liam887 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Mike Lucey wrote:I hope so for you also Liam. But it can jump both ways as fuel costs are only going one way. BTW, best to do something that can be changed should to need arise :thumb:

Yes I am only looking at transferable flights - after last base-camps experience its better to be safe! I have friends in Denver and Boulder & Chicago so if I do get stuck I should be ok.
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby tolmandesign » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am

There is no place like SketchUp 3D Basecamp

...wearing my ruby slippers!

tolmandesign 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:10 am

Kim, are you clicking your heels together, too. :D
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby solo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 am

Whooohoo, Hotel booked, flights booked, Baker street grill alerted about the influx of tobacco and other smoking foreigners. :shock:
http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Postby Gaieus » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 am

What about your ear plugs, Pete? :D
Gaieus 

Postby tolmandesign » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:21 am

Dave R wrote:Kim, are you clicking your heels together, too. :D

Yes! Can you hear it?

Are you going this time?

tolmandesign 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 am

tolmandesign wrote:Yes! Can you hear it?

Are you going this time?

I thought that's what I was hearing. :D

Yes, I plan to be there.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby Bertier » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I can't wait for BC !
:ecstatic:

Bertier 

Postby TIG » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Me too :bounce:

Are we there yet?
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Bertier » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Aidan,

would it be possible to take the opportunity of BC to offer those who want to take a Sketchup trainer certification class ?

I think it would be great.

Bertier 

Postby liam887 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Bertier wrote:Aidan,

would it be possible to take the opportunity of BC to offer those who want to take a Sketchup trainer certification class ?

:thumb: I would be interested in that.
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby Bertier » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Phil Rader, AIA wrote:how about one of these:

http://www.trimble.com/Outdoor-Rugged-C ... D=features

I'd be happy with one like this !

Bertier 

Postby pilou » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Videos of sessions will be reccorded ?
Frenchy Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie
pilou 
Top SketchUcator

Postby aidanchopra » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 am

Bertier!

I don't think we'll be able to squeeze that into the existing itinerary; it's already going to be pretty packed. Would you be willing to stay an extra day (Thursday, maybe)? If so, I can ask Shara (our training program manager) if anything's possible.

aidanchopra 

Postby liam887 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

aidanchopra wrote:

Bertier!

I don't think we'll be able to squeeze that into the existing itinerary; it's already going to be pretty packed. Would you be willing to stay an extra day (Thursday, maybe)? If so, I can ask Shara (our training program manager) if anything's possible.

Aidan - I would also be interested in this.
VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY

liam887 

Postby d12dozr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:48 am

aidanchopra wrote:

Bertier!

I'm interested in this too :thumb:
3D Printing with SketchUp Book
http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

d12dozr 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Gaieus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:26 am

aidanchopra wrote:I don't think we'll be able to squeeze that into the existing itinerary; it's already going to be pretty packed. Would you be willing to stay an extra day (Thursday, maybe)?

Aidan, why not do this on Wednesday? For most of the folks (non-programmers) the agenda is over around noon anyway. Or some people may also not be interested in that "team work" planned for that day and take some "exams" instead.

(Just thinking loud here as I have taken all 6 exams already) ;)
Gaieus 

Re: Who should TSU have as the 3DBC Guest Speaker?

Postby Mike Lucey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:33 am

Has anyone got ideas for a Guest Speaker at 3DBC .......... errrrrr, one that would be willing to pay the $200 registration fee and their own travel / accommodation costs also work for free? :D You know me, kidding around of course ..... sorta ;)

I'd like to nominate John McQuade a Graphic Designer par excellence and great communicator that heads up Before&After. If anyone has not viewed John in action, check out some of his 'Design Talk' videos here.

John McWade

The reason I have nominated John McWade is because not all of the SketchUp users attending 3DBC 2012 will be in the building industry BUT all attendees will I am sure be interested in graphic design as we all use it to some degree in our presentation work.

Here is a Design Talk video John did on logo design. Its a Master Class in 5 minutes :thumb:

Final comment! John McWade should blend right in with his facial hair as this is the new look at Trimble SketchUp ..... I've even grown some extra myself ..... not to feel left out!
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby Mike Lucey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:27 pm

.... further! I could see such a talk very useful to all for LO template design :thumb:
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby Jimmymino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

aidanchopra wrote:

Bertier!

I would be interested in this as well. Also, IF this does happen, would attendees need to pay the $5000 there? Is this different from the "Certified Training Center" training? Please elucidate.
Jimmy Miño
Owner
the archiTECHtural workshop
www.thearchitechturalworkshop.com

Jimmymino 

Postby Bertier » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

JimmyMino wrote:I would be interested in this as well. Also, IF this does happen, would attendees need to pay the $5000 there? Is this different from the "Certified Training Center" training? Please elucidate.

In my understanding, you only have to pay the 5 grands to run an ATC, not take the test ...

In my idea, but this is a SketchUp decision to be taken, the opportunity to qualify in Boulder is to have more qualified trainers, that could either work for Authorized / Certified Training Centers, or see a business opportunity and put their own business together; then pay the fee.

Bertier 

Postby Jimmymino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Bertier wrote:
In my understanding, you only have to pay the 5 grands to run an ATC, not take the test ...

In my idea, but this is a SketchUp decision to be taken, the opportunity to qualify in Boulder is to have more qualified trainers, that could either work for Authorized / Certified Training Centers, or see a business opportunity and put their own business together; then pay the fee.

Ah! I get it. Great! Thanks for clarifying Bertier.
Jimmy Miño
Owner
the archiTECHtural workshop
www.thearchitechturalworkshop.com

Jimmymino 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to BaseCamp 2012