SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2012

Re: SketchUp 3D Basecamp 2012

Postby utiler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:48 am

Hey guys, it looks as though I can't make it this time around... I'm gutted! :cry: :cry: :cry: My parents have organised a family reunion for the weekend of the 13th which means I wouldn't get there in time. I can't beleive this has happened to me!!!! I said after attending in 2010 that it would be my get away every time it is one but I've been jooped....

So much for a kid in a candy store; I've just had my lollypop taken away from me.... :cry:

Dave, sorry mate you'll have to find another roomy. Make sure you choose someone with a hearing impairment....
purpose/expression/purpose/....
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Rich O Brien » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 am

I'm sure the reunion will be as big a blast.

You'll be missed. If I get an invite I'll keep a gin and tonic behind the bar for you.
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby solo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 am

Andrewwwwww!

I'm over it now, will probably need to drink a few for you at Baker street.

Have fun with Fam mate.
http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Postby Dave R » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 am

Andrew, I'm sad but family comes first. Make it to the next one, then.

By the way, I don't snore anymore.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby ken » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:34 am

Dave R wrote:Andrew, I'm sad but family comes first. Make it to the next one, then.

By the way, I don't snore anymore.

So you snore at the same db level. No increase this year.

Ken
Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.
ken 
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTD AB Skyride is good transportation option to boulder.

Postby DavidBoulder » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 am

$13 one way. It's convenient with end of the line at the Boulder bus station at 14th and Walnut. About 14 blocks if you wan to walk to 28th street (for those staying there) and you can walk or take local bus to other hotels.
http://www3.rtd-denver.com//schedules/g ... viceType=3

By the way,those of you excited who want to see a little of Boulder before then, check out the Pro Cycling Challange on August 25th.
http://usaprocyclingchallenge.com/route
Last edited by DavidBoulder on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
--

David Goldwasser
OpenStudio Developer
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
DavidBoulder 

Postby utiler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 am

Thanks fellas, I can't believe I'm not going to be there.... was a real highlight.

Glad you're over snoring, Dave. That makes me feel even better!

And Rich, you'll be proud of me; I'm no longer a G&T man; Jameson 12yr old is my thing now! mmmm...
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Gaieus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 am

MSketcher wrote:I created a Google map that shows a bunch of hotels around the boulder area, and also points out the Trimble Sketchup office, and the Denver Airport, just for reference.

:thumb:

MSketcher wrote:(Mike/Rich, you can use this code below to embed the map right in the post.

Unfortunately (due to security measures), no iFrame is possible on the forums (for the time being at least ;) )

utiler wrote:Hey guys, it looks as though I can't make it this time around... I'm gutted! :cry:

Now that's indeed awfully bad. I have even put your image onto the Facebook event page! This is not fair! :(
Gaieus 

Postby utiler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm

I know, Csaba..... that makes me feel like I'll be there in spirit anyhow.

I need a drink.
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby Dave R » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm

For you, Andrew.

Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby Chris Fullmer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 pm

All right, I'm doing everything I can to get myself there (and probably back!). Cost is always such an issue. I'm amazed how many people make it out from outside the US. Anyhow, if all goes well, I'll be there as well!

Chris
Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
All my Plugins I've written
Chris Fullmer 
SketchUp Team
SketchUp Team

Postby aidanchopra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

MSketcher wrote:I created a Google map that shows a bunch of hotels around the boulder area, and also points out the Trimble Sketchup office, and the Denver Airport, just for reference. I'll add the location of Basecamp 2012 once it is announced. Also, I think I added the ability for anyone to add markers on the map. Not sure if it worked or not. So feel free to put more stuff on there if you know the area or can think of anything else useful. If you can't figure out how, lol, I can add things if you let me know.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202464174640298079318.0004c72b4c749588a8aa5&msa=0&ll=40.01863,-105.263084&spn=0.019161,0.052314

(Mike/Rich, you can use this code below to embed the map right in the post. )
Code: Select all
<iframe%20width="425"%20height="350"%20frameborder="0"%20scrolling="no"%20marginheight="0"%20marginwidth="0"%20src="https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=202464174640298079318.0004c72b4c749588a8aa5&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=v&amp;ll=39.934533,-104.978263&amp;spn=0.17041,0.608876&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br%20/><small>View%20<a%20href="https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=202464174640298079318.0004c72b4c749588a8aa5&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=v&amp;ll=39.934533,-104.978263&amp;spn=0.17041,0.608876&amp;source=embed"%20style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Sketchup%20Basecamp%202012</a>%20in%20a%20larger%20map</small>

This is fantastic. Any objection to my including this (or a version thereof) on the forthcoming 3DBC site?

aidanchopra 

Postby utiler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Dave R wrote:For you, Andrew.

mmm.... tastey Dave, Ta :thumb:
utiler 
Top SketchUcator

Postby JClements » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Hopefully, I'll get an invite. I haven't missed a basecamp yet.
Sure would be willing to share a hotel room with someone wanting to save some $$$$.

There is a possibility I could be driving from Portland to Boulder so ride-share could be open for anyone interested who may be on the route in between.

John
John | Illustrator | Beaverton, Oregon
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby solo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 pm

JClements wrote:Hopefully, I'll get an invite. I haven't missed a basecamp yet.
Sure would be willing to share a hotel room with someone wanting to save some $$$$.

There is a possibility I could be driving from Portland to Boulder so ride-share could be open for anyone interested who may be on the route in between.

John

:o

That's a seriously long ride, how long will that take?
http://www.solos-art.com

If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.
solo 
Global Moderator

Postby JClements » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Around 21 hours +- 1 hour.
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dave R » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:58 pm

I'll be driving from Minnesota again. I don't think it's 21 hours, though. On the way back we might detour through Cheyenne and Mount Rushmore.
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby dale » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 pm

So have the invites been sent out and they just forgot me :shock:
Just monkeying around....like Monsanto
dale 
Top SketchUcator

Postby thomthom » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:18 pm

dale wrote:So have the invites been sent out and they just forgot me :shock:

Still working on them.
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby Mike Lucey » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 pm

I've no invite yet but will turn up anyway. There's always Basecamp B (beer) at the Baker St Pub :D

I'll be sleeping most of the time while traveling with the aid of a sleeping tablet and 'Snore Gone' as I would not like to be ejected from the plane mid Atlantic :roll:
Mike Lucey 
Mayor

Postby TIG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 pm

I think none of us have been invited [yet].
However, several of us are going anyway !!!
:shock:
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Msketcher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 pm

aidanchopra wrote:
MSketcher wrote:I created a Google map that shows a bunch of hotels around the boulder area, and also points out the Trimble Sketchup office, and the Denver Airport, just for reference. I'll add the location of Basecamp 2012 once it is announced. Also, I think I added the ability for anyone to add markers on the map. Not sure if it worked or not. So feel free to put more stuff on there if you know the area or can think of anything else useful. If you can't figure out how, lol, I can add things if you let me know.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202464174640298079318.0004c72b4c749588a8aa5&msa=0&ll=40.01863,-105.263084&spn=0.019161,0.052314

This is fantastic. Any objection to my including this (or a version thereof) on the forthcoming 3DBC site?

Absolutely no problem. I haven't figured out if I opened permissions properly for people to edit it or not, I'll look into it some more. Not sure, but you'd probably want it to be locked down if you're going to make it an "official" map of some kind.
Msketcher 

Postby RichMorin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 am

In case I need to hustle up a venue for the 10/13 get-together,
I'd like some suggestions on places that might be able to hold
a couple dozen yakking developers. If you are familiar with the
Boulder area and/or have ideas to suggest, please contact me
off-line (rdm @ cfcl.com).

-r
RichMorin 

Postby DavidBoulder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:40 am

Dave R wrote:I'll be driving from Minnesota again. I don't think it's 21 hours, though. On the way back we might detour through Cheyenne and Mount Rushmore.

If you go to Mt. Rushmore, it is a beautiful drive to go through Custer State Park and Iron Horse Road.
--

David Goldwasser
OpenStudio Developer
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
DavidBoulder 

Postby JClements » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:49 pm

@Aidan

Can you tell us if Wednesday, the 17th, will be a full day of sessions or just a 1/2 day?

Folks will need to know in order to book their departures from the Denver Airport (for late Wednesday afternoon or Thursday, etc.)

Thanks.
JClements 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby thomthom » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 pm

JClements wrote:@Aidan

Can you tell us if Wednesday, the 17th, will be a full day of sessions or just a 1/2 day?

Folks will need to know in order to book their departures from the Denver Airport (for late Wednesday afternoon or Thursday, etc.)

Thanks.

Make it Thursday and hang around for after. I'm planning on being over there for a week (since it's a rather long trip for me) - if I can make it.
Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund
thomthom 
PluginStore Author
PluginStore Author

Postby cwmunro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

I've been following this thread since it started and I am getting the idea that the whole event is by invitation only. What do I have to do to get an invitation anyway?
cwmunro 

Postby Dave R » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Wait until they send out invitations. Did you sign up showing interesting on the SketchUp blog?
Etaoin Shrdlu

%

(THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

M30

%
Dave R 
Global Moderator

Postby aidanchopra » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 pm

JClements wrote:@Aidan

Thanks.

@JClements:

Our plan is for Wednesday (the last day) to be two-tracked. Folks who aren't Ruby developers will be invited to participate in a half-day design exercise like the one we did in 2008. Basically, small groups get together to work on a problem in SU for a few hours, then we do a big show-and-tell. For these people, the day will be over around noon.

For Ruby developers, we're planning a separate, full-day get-together somewhere offsite. Obviously, these people shouldn't leave before Thursday.

Does that help?

aidanchopra 

Postby aidanchopra » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 am

cwmunro wrote:I've been following this thread since it started and I am getting the idea that the whole event is by invitation only. What do I have to do to get an invitation anyway?

@cwmunro:

Since space is limited, we've always experimented with different ways to figure out who's coming. This time, we've decided to use a multi-tiered approach. First, we'll open up registration to a select group of our best users. Everyone here at SketchUcation meets that criterion. After we've filled a pre-determined quota from this group, we'll make an announcement to the world that registration will open at a given time. When it opens, we'll fill the remaining slots with anyone who'd like to come.

I plan to provide a link to pre-register here, on this thread, sometime on the morning of Tuesday, August 21st (Boulder time). People who register early will pay a discounted registration fee -- more on this in my next post, shortly. I figure this is the fairest way to make sure that all of the truly "faithful" get a spot.

People who filled out the short form I linked to at the top of this thread will get an email letting them know when general registration will open. That'll be after people here at SketchUcation (and on our Beta forum) get a chance to pre-register.

Does all of this sound fair to you? Is there anything I'm missing?

aidanchopra 

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to BaseCamp 2012