Scale for rendered exterior elevations

Scale for rendered exterior elevations

Postby pbacot » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

I have been considering using rendered elevations for a project, but the task of reproducing the proper scale on the output(multiple elevations and multiple exports) may make it unfeasible. How is the zoom setting for parallel projection determined. I wonder if a setup can be repeated that will always produce the same relative scale for width of window? That way scaling the image would be the same proecess each time.
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Re: Scale for rendered exterior elevations

Postby TIG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Can't you set up scene-tabs for each elevation [orthogonal views], then use Layout.
You can set the scale of each viewport to whatever you desire...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby pbacot » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm

I mean I am exporting parallel projection renders in jpg (Twilight). I usually use LO and get the standard SU output in scale OK.

Certainly I can experiment with this, but wondered if someone who knows the tech better would have an idea. I simply couldn't end up eyeballing each elevation each time I have to scale it to produce a drawing.

Probably this is too much work for multiple use. :roll:
MacOSX (El Capitan) ShetchUp Pro v16 Layout Twilight Pro v2 M2 Kerkythea PowerCADD
pbacot 
Top SketchUcator

Postby srx » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:36 am

I found supersection plugin very useful for this. It makes scenes with the same scale...I think..
www.saurus.rs
srx 

Postby DareDevil » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 am

If I understand (my english is not so good...), I think I had the same problem... and I found a solution :
I make a big bounding cube for all the scene, without faces, only edges. When I want to render, I make an Extended Zoom and all is always the same, scale and ground level height in the view.
Hope that helps you.
DareDevil 

Postby JQL » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

srx wrote:I found supersection plugin very useful for this. It makes scenes with the same scale...I think..

It zooms extents in every scene. The same scale comes from there.

I use to select something on the model, maybe the project I'm working on, and zoom selection on it. If it's about the proportion of my monitor it works. If not, you have to use the method Daredevil uses but it would be best with a vertical line and zoom selection.

I have a shortcut for zoom selection though it's in context menu (right click)
JQL 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to Post Processing