Extension Store - latest version

Re: Extension Store - latest version

Postby TIG » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Did you read my diatribe ?
Any luck or details of what does work...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby leminilab » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:10 pm

TIG wrote:Did you read my diatribe ?
Any luck or details of what does work...

Hey! I did read your message! With great attention. :)
I didn't take the time to follow your advice and instructions yet but will continue investigating as soon as possible!
Thanks a lot for your help! :thumb:
- "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
- "ThomThom rules!!!"

leminilab 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby leminilab » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:52 pm

TIG wrote:The SketchUcation toolset [and indeed SketchUp's Extension-Manager itself] uses a separate in-built unzip method, so what you use to ZIP day-to-day is not important.

The error arises when you try to auto-install through ExtensionStore³ ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YES

This process involves downloading the RBZ behind the scenes and uncompressing its contents into the Plugins folder...
If so can you then try to download an RBZ file from the Extension-Warehouse and use the Extension-Manager to install it manually - does that work ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YES. I just installed Cleanup and the Sketchucation Toolset

If you download an RBZ file from the Extension-Warehouse and use the SketchUcation tool's Archive Installer from its drop-down menu to install it, does it work ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YES (?) I was able to install and use Thomthom's Shell but I received an error message upon installation :
"ERROR:
tt_shell-0.3.0.rbz
tt_shell.rb
undefined method 'loadRBS' for SCF:Module
You might need to restart Sketchup to complete Installation..."

If you download an RBZ file from the PluginStore and use the SketchUcation tool's Archive Installer from its drop-down menu to install it, does it work ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YES. I had the same message mentioning the necessary restart but it worked : plugin installed and working.

If you download an RBZ file from the PluginStore, finally and use the SketchUp Extension-Manager to install it does that work ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YES. I just installed 3DArcStudio 3D Tree Maker.
If you try those permutations we might get nearer to guessing what the problem is...

There are some Temp folders/files you could also look at deleting -
e.g. C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\SCF
AppData stuff is hidden by default, but using the path in a Windows Explorer window should take you there...
Alternatively use the Ruby Console in SketchUp to give you the path directly...
SCF::TEMP >>> C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/Local/Temp
or
SCF::TEMPDIR >>> C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/SCF
Delete the SCF subfolder and its contents [if any]...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I found and deleted the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\SCF folder. It had no subfolder, only a Sketchucation_Usage.log file
It subfolder will be remade when SketchUp next runs...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It was indeed recreated.
It should have suitable permissions, which might have become cross-threaded...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How can I make sure it has permissions?I have to say I have 3 different folders to choose from when I use the autoInstall from the Extension Store. I get the same error whichever I choose.
- "ThomThom rules!!!"

leminilab 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 pm

have to say I have 3 different folders to choose from when I use the autoInstall from the Extension Store. I get the same error whichever I choose.

I assume you have the usual Plugins folder in the users AppData tree, and probably another Plugins folder in the ProgramData tree - created when you install some render-extensions etc...
But what is the third one? - e.g. do you use Fredo's Additional Plugins folder tool ?
Details please...

You should only be installing in the usual Plugins folder unless there's a good reason otherwise...
Remove duplicate RB files and their subfolders from other locations...

concerns me... perhaps there's some old code running that needs tweaking...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Rich O Brien » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:44 pm

4.1.1 now available.

SCF.loadRBS error fix and other ZIP related items tweaked
There's a frontroom and a backroom....reverse faces
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby leminilab » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:11 am

TIG wrote:
have to say I have 3 different folders to choose from when I use the autoInstall from the Extension Store. I get the same error whichever I choose.

I assume you have the usual Plugins folder in the users AppData tree, and probably another Plugins folder in the ProgramData tree - created when you install some render-extensions etc...
But what is the third one? - e.g. do you use Fredo's Additional Plugins folder tool ?
Details please...

You should only be installing in the usual Plugins folder unless there's a good reason otherwise...
Remove duplicate RB files and their subfolders from other locations...

concerns me... perhaps there's some old code running that needs tweaking...

Here's a screenshot of the error window.
Plugin_folder_window.jpg

I still have the issue using 4.1.1
- "ThomThom rules!!!"

leminilab 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:02 am

Can you remove or disable the Parametric Plugin and try again.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby leminilab » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:25 am

Rich O Brien wrote:Can you remove or disable the Parametric Plugin and try again.

Hi,
While the Parametric folder is no longer available, I still have the error.
- "ThomThom rules!!!"

leminilab 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:41 am

We will need TIG for this one me thinks. I do know that Parametric Modelling extension had caused issues in the past but he apparently fixed it's clash with SketchUcation Tools.

So if you have it uninstalled and it is still throwing up an error it can't be that.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby TIG » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:16 pm

First off...
If you have that Parametric modelling extension installed in Plugins it seems to add a new Plugins folder link into the system pointing at its own folder !

So please remove any Parametric .RB files and matching 'parametric' subfolder from the main Plugins folder.

Do not install anything in a folder other than your default user Plugins folder...

Restart SketchUp after these changes and report back...

To help...
Can you explain how you got parametric-tools RBZ...
It might help narrow down the issue...
If it's the 'Viz Pro' from EWH, then it's paid only - perhaps speak with them too...
I suspect this is a complex problem... but we must eat in to it one bite at a time !!
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby leminilab » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:49 pm

TIG wrote:First off...
If you have that Parametric modelling extension installed in Plugins it seems to add a new Plugins folder link into the system pointing at its own folder !

So please remove any Parametric .RB files and matching 'parametric' subfolder from the main Plugins folder.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I just did it.
Do not install anything in a folder other than your default user Plugins folder...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Which one should I keep then? The one in User/AppDAta (74 .rb files)... is more used than the ProgramData/Sketchup... one (only 5.rb installed there).
Restart SketchUp after these changes and report back...

To help...
Can you explain how you got parametric-tools RBZ...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Most probably here: https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?p ... c_modeling

It might help narrow down the issue...
If it's the 'Viz Pro' from EWH, then it's paid only - perhaps speak with them too...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No, I'm positive I didn't pay for it.

I suspect this is a complex problem... but we must eat in to it one bite at a time !!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanks for your patient help!
- "ThomThom rules!!!"

leminilab 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby TIG » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:41 am

Which one should I keep then? The one in User/AppDAta (74 .rb files)... is more used than the ProgramData/Sketchup... one (only 5.rb installed there).

The User/AppData Plugins folder is the default one to use.

SketchUp itself installs all of its extension-RBZs there.

Do NOT delete any of its RB files on their subfolders - keep all '74'

The SketchUcation toolset offers all available folders in the 'LoadPath' used by SketchUp.
As a minimum this is that Plugins folder, but some users install extensions which allow you to use a customized Plugins folder location [e.g. Fredo's AdditionalPluginsFolder]

The ProgramData Plugins folder is sometimes created by extensions like renderers, its use is intended to give all users of SketchUp access to its contents - whereas the default User/AppData Plugins folder only gives access to that specific user...
For some reason the https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?p ... c_modeling adds its subfolder to the 'LoadPath' causing confusion...
I recommend you disable or uninstall it unless you really use it...
However, except for the confusion generated by its additions to the 'LoadPath' I don't think it's likely to be the culprit in your issues...
You can always 'unload' it with the SketchUcation Plugins Manager - the RB files available in each Plugins location are accessible by using the drop-down file-path in the top of the dialog [available when you have multiple Plugins folders...].
Restart SketchUp after this to ensure the changes are synced...

If there's no customized Plugin folder paths or ProgramData Plugins folder the SketchUcation tools does not offer you a choice of installation locations...

Check what the ProgramData Plugins folder contains...
If it's some RB files related to a renderer or other complex extension etc, then leave them in place [unless you no longer use one - if so then remove that RB and matching-named subfolder]
If there are duplicate RB files also installed in the default Plugins folder then keep those and remove the duplicate ProgramData's RB and its matching-named subfolder...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby Ortovox » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 pm

Also having Unzip error problem
Running a clean install of Sketchup 2017 Free and Sketchucation tools 4.1.1
Tried clearing cache in Edge and IE, removing Sketchucationtools rb file and folder.
Installing it again with same result.

Manual install of extensions work

Ortovox 

Postby TIG » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 pm

v4.1.1 was introduced specifically to address this kind of rare error...

Any errors in your Ruby Console when you get this error ?

Can I suggest you try manually deleting some 'temp' stuff and see if it gets recreated with appropriate permissions...

Find and delete the ../Temp/SCF folder [and any contents] as shown below...
C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/SCF
Note the AppData subfolder is hidden by default so switch on folder-options to show hidden files, or use the full path in Windows Explorer window to get there...

Are you trying to install into the default Plugins folder [the least worrisome choice] ?
Do you have any other possible installation-folders listed ?
If so why are you having those ?
Are you choosing one of those alternatives ?
The UnZIP error should only occur when using a non-default destination...
Have you checked your Plugins folder's permissions let SketchUp write files into it ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby mrossk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Im also unable to update libfredo6 and truebend. I get the unable to unzip error. I deleeted the appdata temp folder, I cleared the cache. I repaired sketchup from the Installer. any other thoughts? thank you, Michael
Capturex.JPG

mrossk 

Postby alvis » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:47 pm

mrossk wrote:Im also unable to update libfredo6 and truebend. I get the unable to unzip error. I deleeted the appdata temp folder, I cleared the cache. I repaired sketchup from the Installer. any other thoughts? thank you, Michael
Capturex.JPG

i tried everything as well :(
alvis 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mrossk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:53 pm

there was a recent microsoft edge update. Related?

mrossk 

Postby TIG » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:21 pm

This error was also related to a server issue our-side...
I've PMd IT...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby mrossk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Thanks!

mrossk 

Postby Gábor » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi @Mrossk,

Does the problem still exist? We could not reproduce it and I haven't been able to find anything in our log files what would indicate any failure at our side.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby mrossk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm sorry to say I'm still having problems, albeit slightly different from yesterday. The two plugins I was unable to update are no longer listed when I click on the red sketchucation button (the "extension store"). However, if I click on the blue button (the Sketchucation plugin manager) I get an error message
error.JPG

Also, if I try to download any new plugin from the Sketchucation store, it still tells me I need permission
warning.JPG

But I checked the plugin folder and it seems as if all my permissions are correct
permissions.JPG

Any further thoughts?
I just checked and I can add plugins via the Extension Warehouse, if that's significant. I also "repaired" sketchup via the Installer again, to be sure
Thank you,
Michael

mrossk 

Postby TIG » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:59 pm

If I open Properties > Security for the Plugin folder [right-click context-menu] this is what I see...
Capture.PNG

I guess that the 'Account Unknown' is 'SketchUp'...
All of my entries have 'Full control' set.
I have no issues.
[It's v2017, but all other versions are the same]
If I deny that account access everything still works so something else is adrift your end...

So what does your equivalent dialog shown ?

Perhaps you are missing a permission ??
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby mrossk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi Tig- Thanks for looking into this. Here is my plugin properties:
plugin props.JPG

I don't have the "Account Unknown" that shows in your list. Hmmm. Can I manually add Sketchup, or the Sketchucation plugin? Is it even required?

Any help is appreciated.

Michael

mrossk 

Postby mrossk » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Further- I'm having the same difficulty on my Windows laptop, so I imagine it's a Windows or Edge update issue... On that laptop I still have Make 2016, with the 3.0 version of the Plugin store- same difficulty. Grrr.

mrossk 

Postby Gábor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 am

@Mrossk: I can not to reproduce this new error as well. I think I have the latest Win10 so I do not think it is something to do with the op system version. I do not have the "Account Unknown" user as TIG has it so I don't think it is the problem.

Just to get a step further to the solution: Could you please run Sketchup as an admin and try these operations again? (To run as admin right click the SketchUp icon, and from the context menu select "Run as Administrator")

Also: You should not use older versions of the PluginStore plugin as they are not supported anymore.

Gábor 
SketchUcation IT

Postby mrossk » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Sorry to say that running as admin does not help. I can't open the Plugin Manager (blue button). The Extension Manager (grey button) DOES work, however.
Thanks again for your help,
Michael

mrossk 

Postby TIG » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Does your Plugins folder's Properties have FULL permission set for all of the three entries - Admin and your-user ?

What are the equivalent Properties for the ../AppData/../SketchUp folder which contains the Plugins folder ?
They should all be FULL...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby mrossk » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:01 pm

I've gone through each folder (starting from "appdata" all the way to the "plugins" folder, and they all have full permission. Also, I am able to download plugins manually as expected through the extension warehouse.
Thanks for your continued help.

mrossk 

Postby TIG » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:01 pm

The SketchUcation tools checks for the read/write permissions for Plugins...
Hence the error message...
Since it was really only relevant when the Plugins folder was within the SketchUp main folder [e.g. v8]... tomorrow I'll prepare a trial version that skips that check...
I'll send an RBZ to you by PM for you to install and test...
If it's working I'll look at rolling out an update after that...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

Postby TIG » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Before I dive into a full rewrite...
Can you copy/paste+enter these lines one at a time into the Ruby Console and post the output...
p Sketchup.version.to_i
p pd = Sketchup.find_support_file("Plugins")
p File.writable?(pd)
p $LOAD_PATH

Thanks for your patience...
TIG
TIG 
Global Moderator

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Special interests