Let there be.......

Let there be.......

Postby Mike Amos » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:29 pm

Continuing to look at how a scene can be developed, I have just the one source here, a central atria, which illuminates the central kitchen/laundry area.

The light is from a HDRI painted onto a 'surface' under the atria dome.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Let there be.......

Postby Mike Amos » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Same viewpoint with four led light units at aproximately NEWS positions above the kitchen units.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ntxdave » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:47 pm

Have you thought about making the under surface of the artistic an emitter?
ntxdave 

Postby Mike Amos » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:58 pm

I have tried this numerous times in the past, it is never worth it. Directing the HDRI is a much more effective solution do far.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Rich O Brien » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:59 pm

Mike Amos wrote:The light is from a HDRI painted onto a 'surface' under the atria dome.

Does TwiLight support high dynamic range emission from geometry? HDRIs need to be global lighting to flood scene. Maybe I'm reading your text wrong?

It's a good idea to test the lighting using a clay render first. Just to see what needs to be changed to 'bring' more light into the scene.
Rich O Brien 
Administrator

Postby Mike Amos » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:12 pm

Two types of sky portal, one where you see the hdri image and a second which just directs the light values for the hdri minus the image.

I sometimes use clay as you describe, it depends on how the mood takes me. Right now my pain levels are on the high side so I tend more to the experimental side and this series is adding one elements at a time a little bit more extreme than I usually do. I have a LOT of time to kill.

Mike Amos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

SketchUcation One-Liner Adverts

by Ad Machine » 5 minutes ago

Ad Machine 
Robot

Return to WIP